Bills tried to extend Jason Peters

nodnarb

Considering that he'll be a restriced free agent -- and that he was a walk-on and not even a draft pick, it would take a very small tender to lock him up. It's actually pretty dumb on his part not to sign a long term deal.

I don't think it was that dumb on his part. We probably low-balled him considering he was an undrafted tight end converted to tackle. Besides can you blame him turning it down with the state the team is in right now. This kid has played incredible, and I too can think of only one time Peters was beat all year--Peppers. Peters is the type of player you build your offensive line around and we should continue to work on extending him--as I'm sure we will. I can't believe some people on this board (think it was Va Bills and some others) who say this kid is more hype than the real deal, what games are you nay sayers watching? I would love to see number 71 in a Bills Uni for years to come.

"This kid has played incredible, and I too can think of only one time Peters was beat all year--Peppers"

LMFAO!!!

No, that was the only time the announcers told you Peters was beaten. Peters has been beaten quite often, but unless the announcers tell you that...

"I really don't know myself, but the announcers sure do talk about Tyrone Calico a lot..."

The only BS here is coming from the "Peters should be busted for Canton" crowd.

The claim that the only time an OT is "beaten" is when his DE is credited with a sack is par for the course of the parroting moron like you. Peters has been regularly beaten. He was absolutely abused several weeks ago and this board was filled with bait that the Peters-for-Canton crowd refused to comment on. Then the media once again sang his praises. The Bills use the quick throw offense most of the time. Hence, even if the OL is beaten, the ball gets out of there and there is no sack. "Peters for Pro Bowl!" shout morons like you after every one of those, regardless of whether Peters' DE decks the QB right after the ball gets out. Hint - the reason the Bills use the quick throw is because they have no confidence in their pass protection, and it is not just Peters who justifies that...

Peters has potential and has shown promise. The kid is young and still learning. That being said, some of the BS in the media and parroted here from the media about him is just off the scale ridiculous. The kid is far from a quality NFL ORT right now.

Try something novel. Try to get "your" "opinion" of Peters by watching... Peters, instead of just parroting announcers and clueless reporters...

In 2004, Jason Peters earned $ 152,385. That's a nice figure for 8 months of work. Consider the possibility that he can live on that and be happy. He got more this year with NFL step increases. Meanwhile, he's getting on-the-job training, and if it works out and he's not injured, when he goes, it might be for big bucks the Bills can't afford.

Myself, I'd give the youngster some more jack...

The only BS here is coming from the "Peters should be busted for Canton" crowd.

The claim that the only time an OT is "beaten" is when his DE is credited with a sack is par for the course of the parroting moron like you. Peters has been regularly beaten. He was absolutely abused several weeks ago and this board was filled with bait that the Peters-for-Canton crowd refused to comment on. Then the media once again sang his praises. The Bills use the quick throw offense most of the time. Hence, even if the OL is beaten, the ball gets out of there and there is no sack. "Peters for Pro Bowl!" shout morons like you after every one of those, regardless of whether Peters' DE decks the QB right after the ball gets out. Hint - the reason the Bills use the quick throw is because they have no confidence in their pass protection, and it is not just Peters who justifies that...

Peters has potential and has shown promise. The kid is young and still learning. That being said, some of the BS in the media and parroted here from the media about him is just off the scale ridiculous. The kid is far from a quality NFL ORT right now.

Try something novel. Try to get "your" "opinion" of Peters by watching... Peters, instead of just parroting announcers and clueless reporters...

Hey choad, way to embelish my comments, never said Peters is hall of famer or a probowler yet just that he has played great and shows a great deal of promise. What game did Peters get abused in? Or can you not remember? I'm not basing my comments of what announcers say rather on what I see on the field. I watch every game, and watch this kid specifically. I don't know why I waste my time arguing with dumbasses like yourself who obviously don't know sh-- about football.

I do hope we can sign him to a long term contract. Anybody watch the tape on this kid? I've seen him get beat ONCE - by Peppers. He's standing people up, not taking penalties, and doing a damn good job with stunts thru his gap.

Nodnarb seems to think so too

Considering that he'll be a restriced free agent -- and that he was a walk-on and not even a draft pick, it would take a very small tender to lock him up. It's actually pretty dumb on his part not to sign a long term deal.

539467[/snapback]

I was just gonna say that...the Bills will pay him more than any other team is likely to.....

Considering that he'll be a restriced free agent -- and that he was a walk-on and not even a draft pick, it would take a very small tender to lock him up. It's actually pretty dumb on his part not to sign a long term deal

Here's the way it works. He's an exclusive-rights FA this year, meaning the Bills own him, period. The next year he's a RFA, but since he was undrafted, if the Bills give him the minimum tender, another team can sign him and the Bills have the right to match the contract. If they give him $1M+, they can make him worth a 3rd rounder or higher. And depending on what was offered to him, he was probably smart to refuse a lowball offer and wait to see how he developed, trying to score the big bucks later-on.

Here's the way it works.  He's an exclusive-rights FA this year, meaning the Bills own him, period.  The next year he's a RFA, but since he was undrafted, if the Bills give him the minimum tender, another team can sign him and the Bills have the right to match the contract.  If they give him $1M+, they can make him worth a 3rd rounder or higher.  And depending on what was offered to him, he was probably smart to refuse a lowball offer and wait to see how he developed, trying to score the big bucks later-on.

539567[/snapback]

thanks mad buffalo...i'm sure glad youre not a patsie troll