Bills tried to extend Jason Peters

nodnarb

According to Bills Digest.

This kid is one of the few bright spots on this team. His upside is unlimited. If he can be one of our best linemen after only playing the position for a few weeks, how good can he be? They have to find a way to convince this guy to sign, cuz you KNOW he's going to be in major demand. He agreed to sign with Buffalo cuz we were weak at TE and that's what he wanted to be, but now that he's performing well at a higher paid position, he's going to use his upside to command a much bigger contract than you'd expect for an undrafted rookie free agent tight end with a few weeks of experience playing tackle.

I do hope we can sign him to a long term contract. Anybody watch the tape on this kid? I've seen him get beat ONCE - by Peppers. He's standing people up, not taking penalties, and doing a damn good job with stunts thru his gap.

This kid is one of the few bright spots on this team. His upside is unlimited. If he can be one of our best linemen after only playing the position for a few weeks, how good can he be? They have to find a way to convince this guy to sign, cuz you KNOW he's going to be in major demand. He agreed to sign with Buffalo cuz we were weak at TE and that's what he wanted to be, but now that he's performing well at a higher paid position, he's going to use his upside to command a much bigger contract than you'd expect for an undrafted rookie free agent tight end with a few weeks of experience playing tackle.

I do hope we can sign him to a long term contract. Anybody watch the tape on this kid? I've seen him get beat ONCE - by Peppers. He's standing people up, not taking penalties, and doing a damn good job with stunts thru his gap.

539235[/snapback]

convince him? it's not about convincing him, it's about offering him good cash......money talks.......

IMHO ........... he's worth at least as much if not more than any of the offensive linemen currently sitting on the bench ......... oh wait .... that would be too expensive ........ How about paying him just $1 more that the guy he beat out for the position ......... oh wait .... never mind ........ B-)

539235[/snapback]

I hope we sign him, but why would anyone want to play in Buffalo for this team and for this management?

Peters wants to slap it "B" for boogy and get out of town as fast as he can.. and right now I do not blame him!

I hope we sign him, but why would anyone want to play in Buffalo for this team and for this management? 

Peters wants to slap it "B" for boogy and get out of town as fast as he can.. and right now I do not blame him!

539323[/snapback]

He ain't going anywhere for at least two years.

539323[/snapback]

It probably has less to do with that than it does with his awareness that team management is likely gone after this season, and he's not stupid enough to sign a deal put in front of him by a lame-duck GM when he's not even sure who'll be coaching him next year.

I think he's been by far the best O-Lineman on the Bills this year (if not him, then... Teague???). I'd love to see us offer him a 4 year contract. He's performing better than I would expect most 2nd round rookies to, and I think we should pay him as much.