"It's JP's Team"

Clockwork

I am sure I'll probably be ripped for this, but I really don't like Losman as the cornerstone to build around. He has 1 win this season, against the worst team in football, was yanked for a journeyman backup, can't stay healthy, can't complete more than 2 passes in a row, etc....

"It's JP's team". Why? Has the guy won over his players? Certainly not Eric Moulds. Why not entertain a FA QB? What confuses me is that there are guys with even less experience and less talent around them that are at very least giving their teams a chance to win. Example - Charlie Frye, to a lesser extent Brooks Bollinger (he had a very good game yesterday if you watched).

I honestly feel that a new GM will agree with what I am saying. Don't give up on the kid at all, but we shouldn't just hand him the franchise when he has proven NOTHING.

Thoughts?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I new GM and coach might pick up a proven QB (better than Holcomb)..then groom JP

a couple years while they build the team back up.

537477[/snapback]

Wasnt the "grooming' supposed to have been last year behind Bledsoe? Sure he was hurt, but what else did he have to do except study football day in and day out.

Dude was downtown partying instead of earning his millions.

The good thing about JP is that at times he looks really good. He has hit some great passes. Overall you see he is young and is slow to make quick decisions. That should come with time.

One thing I really like about him is his attitude and work ethic. That's something RJ and all other QBs post-Kelly lacked.

I would really like them game plan to his strengths using his mobility. That takes pressure of the pass rush as well.

I am sure I'll probably be ripped for this, but I really don't like Losman as the cornerstone to build around.  He has 1 win this season, against the worst team in football, was yanked for a journeyman backup, can't stay healthy, can't complete more than 2 passes in a row, etc....

"It's JP's team".  Why?  Has the guy won over his players?  Certainly not Eric Moulds.  Why not entertain a FA QB?  What confuses me is that there are guys with even less experience and less talent around them that are at very least giving their teams a chance to win.  Example - Charlie Frye, to a lesser extent Brooks Bollinger (he had a very good game yesterday if you watched).

I honestly feel that a new GM will agree with what I am saying.  Don't give up on the kid at all, but we shouldn't just hand him the franchise when he has proven NOTHING.

Thoughts?

537471[/snapback]

Let JP start all 16 games next year. This team isn't a playoff team and there's no need to sit him on the bench. By the end of next year we should know what we have and if we need to bring in a QB next offseason to get us over the hump then the move should be made then.

"It's JP's team".  Why?  Has the guy won over his players?  Certainly not Eric Moulds. 

Thoughts?

537471[/snapback]

Agreed. We should call this Eric Moulds team, seeing how we are standing at 4-10 that would be pretty appropriate given EM's veteran leadership through out the season.

Seeing how EM led the Bills to that superb win Saturday against the Broncos cements that fact that this, the '05 Bills are in fact EM's Bills.

That said, can you see why some Bills fans want EM gone, now, like not soon enough?

Please for the love of god stop. Jesus Christ could not throw behind this offensive line. I like Losman, the kid is dedicated to winning. He spent the entire summer at TBD and will do the same this year. We all want a quick fix. The drive through mentality has got to end. We forget about much rookie quarterbacks suck. Give the kid some time to prove himself and quit throwing him to the lions. Put him in and let him take the lumps and learn. Hell MM even screwed that up!

Wasnt the "grooming' supposed to have been last year behind Bledsoe?  Sure he was hurt, but what else did he have to do except study football day in and day out.

Dude was downtown partying instead of earning his millions.

537481[/snapback]

And your source for this would be???

I am sure I'll probably be ripped for this, but I really don't like Losman as the cornerstone to build around.  He has 1 win this season, against the worst team in football, was yanked for a journeyman backup, can't stay healthy, can't complete more than 2 passes in a row, etc....

"

537471[/snapback]

As far as I can recall, he only missed one game this season (saturday's) due to injury, and that was a borderline call to have him sit.

Would you rather the Bills stayed with Bledsoe, who likely won't be taking the Cowboys to the playoffs either?  Or is there some other magical player that is a can't-miss prospect?

537541[/snapback]

I work with a kid, huge Cowboys fan. I told him in August that Bledsoe might look good early, but he'll break your heart come crunch time. He thanked me today for warning him.

I'll be seeing Mr. Bledsoe this weekend playing the Panthers. I have a feeling Carolina will tear him apart...

he has been up and down for sure.

for me the thing is he was just god aweful in the first 4 games.

after that, he had some sparks and has thrown 3 TDs in a single quarter.

he is also the second most athletic QB in the NFL.

mix in the fact that our O is about the 4th worst in the NFL (read that as meaning bad big men and HORRIBLE coaching), i'll keep losman

I work with a kid, huge Cowboys fan. I told him in August that Bledsoe might look good early, but he'll break your heart come crunch time. He thanked me today for warning him.

I'll be seeing Mr. Bledsoe this weekend playing the Panthers. I have a feeling Carolina will tear him apart...

Yeah, the Panthers should win that game easily. That alone should be enough to remove the Cowboys from playoff contention.

Would you rather the Bills stayed with Bledsoe, who likely won't be taking the Cowboys to the playoffs either?  Or is there some other magical player that is a can't-miss prospect?

537541[/snapback]

I think that Drew would have given us a better chance to win.

He did it last year with the virtually the same offense.