Reason why Evans had a quiet night

ofiba

The Broncos had Champ Bailey on Lee Evans for most of the night. He really shut him down. It seems like the Broncos covered Lee as if he was the #1 reciever. I don't know if this is new to you guys, but I just thought it was interesting.

The Broncos had Champ Bailey on Lee Evans for most of the night.  He really shut him down.  It seems like the Broncos covered Lee as if he was the #1 reciever.  I don't know if this is new to you guys, but I just thought it was interesting.

536474[/snapback]

How about hands of stone, balls bouncing off his chest, indecision running routes, and not looking at his QB on blitzes?

The Broncos had Champ Bailey on Lee Evans for most of the night.  He really shut him down.  It seems like the Broncos covered Lee as if he was the #1 reciever.  I don't know if this is new to you guys, but I just thought it was interesting.

536474[/snapback]

The broncos have the 29th ranked pass defense. Champ Bailey is not some shutdown corner. I've seen him repeatedly get burned by the likes of eddie kennison, sammie parker, eric parker, amani toomer among others. Like any other corner he's prone to slip ups. No such thing as shut down. Bailey isn't the reason evans had a bad game. Evans is the reason Evans had a bad game.

Doesnt help when Holcomb is overthrowing him, or throwing behind him, yet manages to hit moulds right on the #'s...

536968[/snapback]

So, wait, now Holcomb is out to undermine Lee Evans too? He really is a locker- room cancer..."the truth is out there"!

did u forget the :( ?

537045[/snapback]

yah i did...evans didnt play particularly well, but holcomb didnt do him any favors on a few passes as well. We were all joking at the bar that it was a conspiracy and moulds paid off holcomb to throw to him all game and ignore evans :doh:

yah i did...evans didnt play particularly well, but holcomb didnt do him any favors on a few passes as well. We were all joking at the bar that it was a conspiracy and moulds paid off holcomb to throw to him all game and ignore evans :(

537125[/snapback]

With Evans' early drops, he deserved to be ignored.