Where the F**K is this optimism coming from?

stevestojan

Im not saying there is 0% chance of us beating New England. I mean, the whole team could die in a plane Rosen, and we would have to play against thier practive squad led by Shane Falco, but to those of you who think we can beat NE, I just want to know where does this theory come from?

Did you WATCH any of the first two games? I mean, Im sure they dont have DirecTV up your ass (which is clearly where your head was), but to say we can beat New England is like saying UB can beat USC. Sure, there is a chance, minute as it is, but the question is, what would make you think there is?

I really don't get it.

Im not asking everyone to give up, and I know its Monday, and maybe we'll cool down. But in all honesty, this is the worst offense, led by one of the worst QBs in the league. period.

NE 24

Buffalo 3

Im not saying there is 0% chance of us beating New England. I mean, the whole team could die in a plane Rosen, and we would have to play against thier practive squad led by Shane Falco, but to those of you who think we can beat NE, I just want to know where does this theory come from?

Did you WATCH any of the first two games? I mean, Im sure they dont have DirecTV up your ass (which is clearly where your head was), but to say we can beat New England is like saying UB can beat USC. Sure, there is a chance, minute as it is, but the question is, what would make you think there is?

I really don't get it.

Im not asking everyone to give up, and I know its Monday, and maybe we'll cool down. But in all honesty, this is the worst offense, led by one of the worst QBs in the league. period.

NE 24

Buffalo 3

38121[/snapback]

Did you watch NE play yesterday? They won, but looked miserable...against the Cards.

Are they better than us right now? Yes. Are they the best team in the league? Not even close. They have lots of flaws that are coming to the surface. They are certainly beatable. And like I said in a previous post, someone will beat the Pats this season...why can't it be us?

Our Defense will hold their offense in check, we will be able to run up the middle on the Pats (something we couldn't do against Jax or Oakland's D-Line), and we are playing in our backyard. I would not be surprised in the least to see our offense snap out their funk against NE.

Isn't it always the case in the NFL? One game a week everyone says "there's no way team X can beat team Y" and what happens? Team X wins. (Example, Chicago in GB)...

In week 4, we will be team X.

:D

It's called being a fan...optimists have just as many rights as pessimists to express thier opinions...

38153[/snapback]

you're right. But the optomists just have blind optomism. Us pessimests at least have reasons to be pissed: for example the 20 points we scored, so far this season.

Just let me know WHY or HOW we are gonna beat New England... not just "We'll beat NE, you heard it here first". Let me know how. The running game? haha. The long ball? haha. HOW damnit! Im sooo sick of being a the league's running joke. We have the talent (or at least the names). Why cant we score?

Let me give you some observations on the Pats:

I don't think the Patriots will be able to run the ball on the Bills effectively. Yeah, Dillon's had games of 15/86 and 32/159, but that was against Indy and Arizona, respectively - not exactly the '85 Bears. As for the passing game - Brady, despite decent #'s, has not been sharp. Deion Branch left the game near the end of the half yesterday, but David Givens (hope you heeded my advice and added him to your roto team!) stepped up big, getting 6 catches for 118 yards. The curious play-calling in the first half of yesterday's Pats/Cards game left a lot to be desired.

If the Pats are going to move the ball on the Bills, it'll have to be through the air with lots of Ben Watson and Danny Graham.

If the Bills stay with their very low-risk, run-first approach (taking the heat off of Bledsoe), they'll be able to play a field-position game and give them a chance to win. They should be able to run effectively between the tackles on the Pats. Stay out of 3d & long so BB and RAC can't blitz the beejezus out of Drew (forcing turnovers) and stick with the run! I see another game in the neighborhood of 16-10 or so.

As a fan you always want to have hope but sometimes you have to look and realize that we just aren't any good right now.

That said I'll still pick the Bills in every football pool I play in. As much as they stress me and make me sick I still love them and will route for them to win each and every week.

I remember playing NCAA football for playstation a few years back. My roommate had this 4 yard dink pass that I couldn't defend again. It reminds me a lot of Brady and New England. By no means are they an overpowering team. But they've won a lot of games playing boring football. Bledsoe needs to sit down and study the master at work. A three step drop and throw it to the tight end. Forget the reads and matchups, KISS (keep it simple stupid).

Let me give you some observations on the Pats:

I don't think the Patriots will be able to run the ball on the Bills effectively.  Yeah, Dillon's had games of 15/86 and 32/159,  but that was against Indy and Arizona, respectively - not exactly the '85 Bears.  As for the passing game - Brady, despite decent #'s, has not been sharp.  Deion Branch left the game near the end of the half yesterday, but David Givens (hope you heeded my advice and added him to your roto team!) stepped up big, getting 6 catches for 118 yards.  The curious play-calling in the first half of yesterday's Pats/Cards game left a lot to be desired.

If the Pats are going to move the ball on the Bills, it'll have to be through the air with lots of Ben Watson and Danny Graham.

If the Bills stay with their very low-risk, run-first approach (taking the heat off of Bledsoe), they'll be able to play a field-position game and give them a chance to win.  They should be able to run effectively between the tackles on the Pats.  Stay out of 3d & long so BB and RAC can't blitz the beejezus out of Drew (forcing turnovers) and stick with the run!  I see another game in the neighborhood of 16-10 or so.

38167[/snapback]

Thanks for trying to give us some hope, but the fact is, we're going to get killed. Deep down, you have to know that. The Cards were playing their home opener with the added emotional element of it being Pat Tillman Day, and the Pats still won easily. It can't be easy to get up for an out-of-conference game in 100-degree heat in front of the worst fans in the NFL. They will have no trouble getting up for the Bills, and will have no trouble winning.

On a brighter note, Mike, you can change your signature line any day now. A-Rod is hitting nearly .300 and Varitek just completed an 0 for 10 series, with eight strike outs. :rolleyes:

I think we are all good fans--even the Pats trolls that flood the boards (gasp!).

What this board shows is just how differently people like to cheer for their team. Some favor tough love (all the-"this team sucks, we won't win a game camp")...does that make them bad fans? No. These fans are passionate as hell and want to see the best team possible out on the field. Yet, so far they have been dissapointed. They don't make these pessimistic posts out of spite for the team, they just are frustrated.

Me (and a few others) like to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best. I just put my faith in the team each and every weekend, and wait till it's all said and done to pass judgment. Does that make me a better or worse fan? No. Just different in my approach. After being a Bills fan for 20 years, I still haven't become jadded or pessimistic since each and every sunday offers a chance to turn it around...especially in today's NFL.

Maybe it's just me, but I see a talented team lurking under the surface. Something (lack of a leader or spark perhaps?) is keeping that team under the surface. But I just have faith that at some point this year that talented team under the surface will emerge and start to turn this club around...

I just hope it happens sooner rather than later...week 4 sounds about right to me :rolleyes:

you're right. But the optomists just have blind optomism. Us pessimests at least have reasons to be pissed: for example the 20 points we scored, so far this season.

Just let me know WHY or HOW we are gonna beat New England... not just "We'll beat NE, you heard it here first".  Let me know how. The running game? haha. The long ball? haha. HOW damnit! Im sooo sick of being a the league's running joke. We have the talent (or at least the names). Why cant we score?

38166[/snapback]

The Defense will score two TD's and offense will drive for a 32 yard FG....and hold the Pats to 13 points...

Bills win 17-13

On a brighter note, Mike, you can change your signature line any day now. A-Rod is hitting nearly .300 and Varitek just completed an 0 for 10 series, with eight strike outs.  :rolleyes:

38180[/snapback]

I'm in mourning for 1/2 of a wasted sports-day yesterday. Once again, the Pats save the day for Bostonians!

I'm telling you, this game in Buffalo is going to be a war. Mark it down.

I'm in mourning for 1/2 of a wasted sports-day yesterday.  Once again, the Pats save the day for Bostonians!

I'm telling you, this game in Buffalo is going to be a war.  Mark it down.

38217[/snapback]

Yeah...a war. And the Bills will be the French... :rolleyes:

Did you watch NE play yesterday? They won, but looked miserable...against the Cards.

Are they better than us right now? Yes. Are they the best team in the league? Not even close. They have lots of flaws that are coming to the surface. They are certainly beatable. And like I said in a previous post, someone will beat the Pats this season...why can't it be us?

Our Defense will hold their offense in check, we will be able to run up the middle on the Pats (something we couldn't do against Jax or Oakland's D-Line), and we are playing in our backyard. I would not be surprised in the least to see our offense snap out their funk against NE.

Isn't it always the case in the NFL? One game a week everyone says "there's no way team X can beat team Y" and what happens? Team X wins. (Example, Chicago in GB)...

In week 4, we will be team X.

38133[/snapback]

Y 27 X 0