My Pick for new coach

frogger

Jim Fassel, why because i don't really want to see another OC or DC come in here and just go through the motions so to speak, this is a team full of vets, and we need a coach that has Head coached before. the list is short, Mike Ditka-is an idiot, jimmy johnson doesn't like the cold, and Marv is too old, Jim Fassel brought an undertalented giants team to the super bowl, he was Loved by his players.

that is what we need, someone that doesn't have to prove themself and will get instant respect from the players.

Jim Fassel, why because i don't really want to see another OC or DC come in here and just go through the motions so to speak, this is a team full of vets, and we need a coach that has Head coached before.  the list is short, Mike Ditka-is an idiot, jimmy johnson doesn't like the cold, and Marv is too old,  Jim Fassel brought an undertalented giants team to the super bowl, he was Loved by his players.

that is what we need, someone that doesn't have to prove themself and will get instant respect from the players.

534770[/snapback]

I can understand your point, Dennis Green has really turned the Arizona Cardinals into a winner!!! :o

Jim Fassel, why because i don't really want to see another OC or DC come in here and just go through the motions so to speak, this is a team full of vets, and we need a coach that has Head coached before.  the list is short, Mike Ditka-is an idiot, jimmy johnson doesn't like the cold, and Marv is too old,  Jim Fassel brought an undertalented giants team to the super bowl, he was Loved by his players.

534770[/snapback]

I live in NYC and watced Fassel's tenure.In my view,he's OC material at best.His image/personality is too weak/mediocre to be a head coach.There were always rumors that the players were running amuck in the locker room.That's why they loved him.I view his superbowl year as an abberation.I'd be really disappointed if we brought in Fassel as HC.

Fassell is a weak coach--I agree. I still think T Cottrell would be a great fit for the team and this city. He loves Buffalo, is a great coordinator and players play hard for him. His defensive philosophy is better as well. We fail to adjust and do the same things against the Pats the last 10 times we've played them and are 1-9.

I can understand your point, Dennis Green has really turned the Arizona Cardinals into a winner!!! :o

534780[/snapback]

I think you may be over critical of Green ..... while I agree the team isn't doing well right now ........ they have certianly been improving under his tutalage ..... I predict they WILL be playing well within the next yeqar or two. When he got to Arizona they were a team that was as bad off or worse than the Bills are now .... the Cards performance has been noticable improved over the last two years. This year they pretty much have the offensive weapons in place .... I predict this offseason and during the draft they will be working on the defense.

If anyone thinks the Bills will correct all of their problems by next season, I'm afraid they just may be mistaken ...... all we can hope for over the next year or two is improvement, and a steady LOGICAL rebuilding process.

I actually thought Fassel would have been the guy to replace GW. I still really think he'd fit in well in Western NY - a stand-up guy, blue-collar, and won't take any crap from anyone. I heard that he "didn't interview well", which tells me Donahoe didn't want him, anyway.

I'd be willing to give him a shot, even though he lost his team during the '03 season. At this point, I'd rather take an experienced guy instead of someone who's getting his first shot.

I actually thought Fassel would have been the guy to replace GW. I still really think he'd fit in well in Western NY - a stand-up guy, blue-collar, and won't take any crap from anyone. I heard that he "didn't interview well", which tells me Donahoe didn't want him, anyway.

I'd be willing to give him a shot, even though he lost his team during the '03 season. At this point, I'd rather take an experienced guy instead of someone who's getting his first shot.

535004[/snapback]

Yeah, we were all pretty sold on him. Hm... JH or JF. Sounds like a familiar proposition.