This game could be a nightmare scenario for TD

Webster Guy

The Bills finally get a home night game in Ralph Wilson Stadium. The nation is watching. If the Bills get killed and the fans start revolting, booing, chanting, wearing orange, whatever... it will get ugly.

It is so obvious (in my opinion) that TD told MM "hey, start Kelly Holcomb- for one game he is our best chance at winning. Save me, Mike".

If the Bills win or make it extremely close, TD will breath a sigh of relief, at least for the weekend.

The real nightmare scenario is that the Bills come out firing. The defense comes to play, Holcomb makes the throws, and the BIlls upset the Broncos to keep the Chargers alive in the playoff hunt. This fools Ralph into thinking that Mularkey can coach with the big boys, and he retains him. THAT sounds like the nightmare.

If he IS the coach next season, I sure do hope he can prove me wrong, cuz he hasn't proven anything at all yet.

With the weather situation here, many fans will be disguised as empty seats.

I stayed home sick from last weeks game. It's 50/50 if I'll go tonight. Lake effect snow moving all over the region today.

534773[/snapback]

Lake effect snow...all the more reason to go...

The real nightmare scenario is that the Bills come out firing. The defense comes to play, Holcomb makes the throws, and the BIlls upset the Broncos to keep the Chargers alive in the playoff hunt. This fools Ralph into thinking that Mularkey can coach with the big boys, and he retains him. THAT sounds like the nightmare.

If he IS the coach next season, I sure do hope he can prove me wrong, cuz he hasn't proven anything at all yet.

534684[/snapback]

brandon, i'm not saying mularkey is the next belichick, but he is so not the problem with this team that it's not even funny.

the bills are as talent-barren as any team in the nfl save the 49ers and the jets (due to injuries).

I'll be watching tonight (with a couple cases on hand to dull the pain) since I'm doing Xmas Eve at the girlfriend's and won't be able to see next week's game. I'd like to see a at least a good effort tonight. Regardless of the finish I think TD will be gone. There's no way we finish 3-0 anyway. I'm not sure who RW will replace TD with but I hope he gets rid of MM too as it would be more attractive to a GM candidate to pick his own HC. I don't think Modrak is the answer. He's a TD cronie so what's going to make him that much different anyway? I read that he's also known as a lazy scout and overrated....I'm still up in the air if I'm going to actually go to the Jets game as I live 15 min from Giants stadium....

In Defense of Mularkey... Our line can't run-block. He calls a run play and we get 1 yard, he calls another and we get 2 yards. You playcalling is pretty limited when u can't run the football, and he's obviously just trying to make soemthing happen. When you start relying on deceit and trickery, it tells me that you are compensating for deficiencies in other areas. I think our issues fall more in the personell area. Next yr, my Bills Wishlist is for a FS who can tackle, A DT who can push the pocket, SPikes to be Healthy, 2 Nasty O-lineman who strike fear in the d-lines eyes(1 OG, 1OT), Mike williams to take a paycut and be healthy, and a runningback who isn't a sell-out and plays half ass when theres nothing to play for.

If TD is replaced which all indications are he will be, the new GM will then decide on the head coach. There's a chance the new guy may decide that all the Bills problems were due to lack of talent and not coaching and decide to keep MM, but I'd give that about a 25% chance. Unless Ralph promotes TM, then there may be a 70% chance MM stays. I'm not too in favor of that though as it's likely that TM was the one picking the players we have, unless TD was over ruling him all the time. I doubt that though as why then would TM have liked working with TD??

Could Ralph tell the new GM that he wants him to keep MM for another year? Sure, but I duubt any decent GM would ever take the job then. At best Ralph could ask the new GM to consider MM, but after the past two weeks, not even sure Ralph would want to do that anyway.

I agree that this game could be a nightmare ........ but not for TD or MM or RW ... it could very well turn into a nightmare for the Bills fans of WNY.

The crowd will be angry ..... they will be drunk ..... and if the game turns into a rout for the Broncs ...... The crowd may get ugly.

We Bills fans have a habit of being out of control horses butts during "prime time" games ....... just wait .... just watch ..... it's just a matter of time before some drunk idiot does something stupid. If you think the constatnt media adoration of Brewski during his "comeback" game was vomit inducing ...... the media blasting of the unruly Buffalo fans will be even worse.

The Bills finally get a home night game in Ralph Wilson Stadium.  The nation is watching.  If the Bills get killed and the fans start revolting, booing, chanting, wearing orange, whatever... it will get ugly.

It is so obvious (in my opinion) that TD told MM "hey, start Kelly Holcomb- for one game he is our best chance at winning.  Save me, Mike".

If the Bills win or make it extremely close, TD will breath a sigh of relief, at least for the weekend.

534655[/snapback]

There's the REAL reason they're confiscating signs/paper bags/etc. - less stuff to start fires in the stands with... :o