Keith Newman?

Hardy Pyle

let him go.

It sucks to see the Vikings playing well with all the players we let go.

Newman

Cowart

Winfield

Williams.

Probably a few more as well.

Could this be Donahoe's biggest failure, letting productive players leave and bringing in his free agents that never really produced? Sure Spikes and Fletcher have. But Milloy, Vincent, Campbell, Villarial, Anderson, Posey.

And they all seemed to play really hard, which is more than I can say about this group. Also, letting Ted Washington walk was a mistake. So was Brown.

I do agree that TD and GW when they came in were way to arrogant. Their system apparently was the best. Failing to realize the Bills had very good defenses prior to their arrival was a major mistake. P'ing off Ted Washington, implying he was too fat to play for GW and getting rid of good value players like Newman was a very bad move.

let him go.

Newman

Cowart

Winfield

Williams.

Could this be Donahoe's biggest failure, letting productive players leave and bringing in his free agents that never really produced? Sure Spikes and Fletcher have. But Milloy, Vincent, Campbell, Villarial, Anderson, Posey.

And they all seemed to play really hard, which is more than I can say about this group. Also, letting Ted Washington walk was a mistake. So was Brown.

533143[/snapback]

newman is a good player in a certain type of system, but he did actually play poorly in gregg williams'/jerry gray's system. whether the bills had the wrong system is another issue, but i would argue that newman needed to leave here, which he did. he has played pretty well this year, but he just got hurt last week and may be out for the year.

let him go.

Newman

Cowart

Winfield

Williams.

533143[/snapback]

whoops -- not out for the season:

"Minnesota will be without SLB Keith Newman for two games because of a sprained right knee. The loss is big because Newman took charge of making certain defensive calls and alerting teammates to what might be coming."

Milloy has produced--and continues to be a top 10 SS in the league.

533154[/snapback]

I beg to differ. I have always like Milloy; he is a hard hitter that always gives his all.... BUT, he cannot cover anyone. I hardly ever see him break up a pass, whoever he is defending always seems to get open. This year, in fact, I don't even feel that he has been effective with blitzes. Like I said, I like his style but he is far from a top safety at this point in his career.

I was a huge Keith Newman fan and defender. People here used to criticize him at times for his play--but I thought he flashed big-play ability. Then when GW came to town, his role on the defense was minimized (though I thought he still played well). When his contract ran out, we declined to re-sign him. I think he was one of our better LB's.

Cowlart wanted big bucks which he got from the Jets.  I think TD did the right thing there.  Then he got cut from the Jets and signed with Minn, not sure for how much, but willing to bet alot less than he got from the Jets.

533194[/snapback]

Actually, Bills also wanted Cowart, but TD correctrly hedged the contract on performance, since Sam was coming off the achilles injury. Jets offered similar money as Bills, but it was a no-strings deal and that's what Sam took.