THOSE BIG BAD BUFFALO SABRES!!

NavyBillsFan

Busted up Dallas with a 4-3 victory!!!!

Biron is for real!

Nice to have a winner here in Buffalo!!!

532764[/snapback]

I think Miller coming in and starting off hot this year was a big kick in the ass for Marty. The Sabres are just finding ways to win and it's about time. Miller may have a hard time getting back in net.

Is that the playoffs I smell. :blink:

I think Miller coming in and starting off hot this year was a big kick in the ass for Marty.  The Sabres are just finding ways to win and it's about time.  Miller may have a hard time getting back in net. 

Is that the playoffs I smell.  :blink:

532767[/snapback]

Miller will play friday or sat during the home and home with Pitt. It was stated by Ruff a few days ago.

I think Miller coming in and starting off hot this year was a big kick in the ass for Marty.  The Sabres are just finding ways to win and it's about time.  Miller may have a hard time getting back in net. 

532767[/snapback]

I'm loving the Sabres this year...that being said, with how streaky of a goalie Biron is, trade him now while his value is at its peak!

I'm loving the Sabres this year...that being said, with how streaky of a goalie Biron is, trade him now while his value is at its peak!

533042[/snapback]

That stepping on some toes there. I have two thoughts on the subject.

First, I agree, now is the beset time to trade him, and I would not hesitate because I have every bit of confidence in Miller to pick up where Biron left off. Actaully I have more confidence in Miller than I do in Biron, even one of them has an 11 game win streak.

Second, what can we get for him though? I don't see too many player in the league that would upgrade our team. Of those players almost none of their teams are willing to let go of them. We'd be hard pressed to find worthy trade value. At that point we might as well keep him on as the best backup goalie in the league.

533042[/snapback]

When you have a full house, do you throw it in hoping for 4-of-a-kind? Stop assuming the bottom will fall out on Biron. Goaltending is half as much the team you have in front of you. Play a little D and any goalie looks like Patrick Roy! I say stick with what you have...if it ain't broke, you know.

PTR

532767[/snapback]

If this continues it may be the President's Trophy you smell... we are hanging real tough with Ottawa right now.

If this continues it may be the President's Trophy you smell...  we are hanging real tough with Ottawa right now.

533059[/snapback]

Whoa there. Still about 50 games to go with a two week Olympic break in between.

This is still a long haul, but it might be a fun one for the first time in years.

When you have a full house, do you throw it in hoping for 4-of-a-kind?  Stop assuming the bottom will fall out on Biron.  Goaltending is half as much the team you have in front of you.  Play a little D and any goalie looks like Patrick Roy!  I say stick with what you have...if it ain't broke, you know.

PTR

533049[/snapback]

If you can't beat Ottawa, it's broke.

Whoa there. Still about 50 games to go with a two week Olympic break in between.

This is still a long haul, but it might be a fun one for the first time in years.

533066[/snapback]

All true, but I'll take the cushion they are building!!

You should hear the crying down here in pitts. they thought they had the cup all locked up 2 months ago! Look what we signed bla bla bla ....Lovin it!!

Conchar for 5yr. 25 mill...............HA HA HA!!

GO LINDY!!!!!!!

Second, what can we get for him though? I don't see too many player in the league that would upgrade our team. Of those players almost none of their teams are willing to let go of them. We'd be hard pressed to find worthy trade value. At that point we might as well keep him on as the best backup goalie in the league.

533046[/snapback]

If they can trade Biron for a big, tough defenseman, I think they have to do it. (I don't know who that is, though.) I like the way they roll their forwards on 4 lines-- a lot of interchangable parts. But one big bruiser on defense, who could be a leader and a consistent rock, would be nice. While they are currently playing well, something doesn't match when you say "playoff hockey" and "Lydman and Fitzpatrick."

Anyone know of good websites that sell sabres gear?  Recomendations?

533075[/snapback]

Here is a merchandise link via the Sabres homepage:

http://shop.nhl.com/sabres/

I don't know about the current merchandise catalog but in past years the offerings were much more extensive than what was advertised via this link.

E-mail the team:

http://www.sabres.com/contactus.cfm

Or call them toll free and ask them to connect you with the Sabres store and then ask them to send you a catalog:

1-888-GO-SABRES

I recently bought a hat from an old catalog so older merchandise still is available.

The Sabres have played 31 games, they are 10-5-1 at home and 10-5 on the road.

17 of the 31 Sabres games have been decided by one goal, with the Sabres winning 11 of those 17.

The Sabres finished the 2003-2004 season with 37 wins (out of 82) and 85 points.

After 31 games so far this season, the Sabres have 20 wins and 41 points.

The Sabres finished the 2003-2004 season as the ninth place team in the Eastern Conference.

The Sabres are currently in fourth place in the conference (playoff eligible :D !!!).

The cold reality is that the Sabres have an Ottawa problem (until further notice).

The Sabres next game against the Senators is February 4th in Buffalo. The Sabres have five more games against the Senators (3 home, 2 away).

I like the quick skating style as opposed to the old dump and whatever style.

Martin Biron, stand up and be recognized.

And is that rookie Thomas Vanek creeping up to fourth in team scoring with 21 points? Ovechkin has 34 points (18 goals) and Crosby has 31 points (13 goals).

Next up for the Sabres is a away and home series with the Penguins who just fired their head coach.

An attendance of 16,575 is getting better but still needs work. Get in there people and make some noise. :lol:

Oh and by the way whomever was holding that "No Goal" sign at the game last night, you were highlighted on TSN (Canada) coverage. Nice work!!!