Mort: Bill Polian on finding the right HC

Rico

1) You say "you can only blame Gilbride for so much." Where were YOU in 2003?  ;)  Gilbride singlehandedly tanked this team!!

2) Do you really think MM has lot this team? I don't know--but from what some of the other players (including Moulds post-suspension) have said in recent weeks, I think the players play hard for him. The problem is that our players are really really bad.  :blink:

533031[/snapback]

play hard? they lost 35-7 at home, giving up close to 500 yards and putting up less than 200 (and 75 of those yards came in garbage time). NE set a team record for first downs in one game.

play hard? they lost 35-7 at home, giving up close to 500 yards and putting up less than 200 (and 75 of those yards came in garbage time). NE set a team record for first downs in one game.

533041[/snapback]

Yep. And that's just one game, there have been others. When players stop playing hard and simply go through the motions, IMO it's a sure-fire sign that the coach has lost the team. No, I'm not on the sidelines or in the huddle, but perception is reality... or should I say, Ralph's perception is reality. :blink: And that's why the odds are strong that MM is gone.

533041[/snapback]

I thought they played hard--they just got killed. :lol: I didn't see players out there quitting on routes, or quitting on tackles, or quitting on rushing the passer, etc. This is just a bad team that got demolished by a much better team; they got beat because they stink, not because they didn't try.

I thought they played hard--they just got killed.  :lol: I didn't see players out there quitting on routes, or quitting on tackles, or quitting on rushing the passer, etc. This is just a bad team that got demolished by a much better team; they got beat because they stink, not because they didn't try.

533244[/snapback]

i'd buy that except for the fact that they controlled the pats when they played them in NE. plus, the bills are a terrible road team and decent home team to boot.

I thought they played hard--they just got killed.  :lol: I didn't see players out there quitting on routes, or quitting on tackles, or quitting on rushing the passer, etc. This is just a bad team that got demolished by a much better team; they got beat because they stink, not because they didn't try.

533244[/snapback]

Yet these same players almost beat New England the last time we played. Explain that.

Yet these same players almost beat New England the last time we played.  Explain that.

533247[/snapback]

New England always does this. They let us toy with them early season, but when they get serious and see the playoffs are on the horizon, they get motivated and kill us. Unless I obtain further proof, I think NE is going to win the Super Bowl again.

Unless I obtain further proof, I think NE is going to win the Super Bowl again.

533339[/snapback]

Well, I won't argue with you there. If nothing else, I'm already on record as saying they will beat the Colts if they make it to the 2nd round.

New England played better this time?

533259[/snapback]

The point is that a few weeks ago we were very competitive against the Patriots. Neither teams personnel has dramatically changed since that game. We do have some talent on the team. We have coaches who do not know how to use the talent we have, how to game plan, or how to make adjustments. As a result it's possible some players may have given up on the season. I can't blame them if they have. I gave up a long time ago.