With the #4 pick in the 2006 draft

NavyBillsFan

After all... those December draft ratings are made in stone.  O.k., so we all know that Reggie Bush should be #1.... but personally, I'd hate to draft the next Levi Jones this year and be skewered by Mel Kiper on draft day for "reaching"! ;-)

JDG

531652[/snapback]

Is there anybody coming out that is "coated in baby fat" and "looks like a bowling ball with ballet slippers on his feet"? The Bills need more guys like and Kiper insisted it was a can't miss pick last time around. :P

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Settle down.  I'm just saying that with guys like Bush, Leinart, Young, Ferguson, Hawk, etc., a guy like Ngata probably won't go in the top 5 and the Bills could have a shot at him if they pick lower than 4th.

531659[/snapback]

Sorry..... just having some fun! Of course, I agree - Ngata seems like exactly the kind of player who could be around whenever the Bills pick - which looks likely to be between 5 and 10 at this point.

JDG

Ah, there are a lot of QBs on that list...

QB?  Why do we want to pay big cap percentages to and train a QB for some other team?  Assuming the guy becomes an NFL QB at all?  (Most QB picks are nothing but wasted 1st round picks.)

Besides, we already have a green-as-fresh-mown-grass QB on the roster.  Just say "No!" to another rookie QB!

531665[/snapback]

Trade down...get a DT. DEFENSIVE TACKLE. Offensive Gaurd. Offensive Tackle. Tight End. We don't need another rookie quarterback. Reference Joey Harrison, David Carr, and early Chris Palmer. We have an NFL linebacking corps. We have a Sisters of Perpetual misery offensive and defensive line.

Trade down...get a DT.  DEFENSIVE TACKLE.  Offensive Gaurd.  Offensive Tackle.  Tight End. 

531827[/snapback]

Given the TE they took in the 3rd last year, would u take another this year? Maybe 6th or 7th round, possibly? I think they need to draft at least one player for the secondary before TE:

DT, OL, OL, DL, DB, TE, LB

The most glaring need to me would be a pass rushing DE. It would be the quickest way to get back to respectability. Look at the games they lost in the 4th qtr this year - if they had a decent pass rush things wouldn't be looking so bleak right now.

it takes longer to develop an offensive lineman - fill that need thru free agency - if possible.

The most glaring need to me would be a pass rushing DE. It would be the quickest way to get back to respectability. Look at the games they lost in the 4th qtr this year - if they had a decent pass rush things wouldn't be looking so bleak right now.

it takes longer to develop an offensive lineman - fill that need thru free agency - if possible.

531846[/snapback]

I thought they had one in Schoebel?

I think a better way to address the D-line would be a solid interior lineman, who would not only shore up the run defense but draw more double-teams in pass defense and thereby improve Schoebel's performance. Not that I'm saying that's all the defensive line needs...but if you're going to make only one change, that would be my choice.

A.J. Hawk -- LB, Ohio State

6-1, 240 lbs., Sr.

Last Performance -- The regular season is over for A.J. Hawk and the Buckeyes.

Last Game Stats -- Hawk finished with seven tackles, including five that were solo, in Ohio State's 25-21 victory over the Wolverines on Nov. 19.

Season Stats -- Hawk has 109 tackles (60 solo), with 13 for loss, including 7.5 sacks. He also has 1 INT, 3 pass breakups, 1 fumble recovery, 1 forced fumble and a TD on a blocked punt return.

Next Game -- Ohio State plays Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 2.

Jerome Harrison -- RB, Washington State

5-10, 200 lbs., Sr.

Last Performance -- Jerome Harrison and Washington State's season has been completed.

Last Game Stats -- Harrison was a workhorse, finishing with 36 carries for 207 yards and a touchdown. He also caught five passes for 40 yards in Washington State's 26-22 win over Washington on Nov. 19.

Season Stats -- Harrison finished with 1,900 yards and 16 TDs on 308 carries. He also had 24 catches for 206 yards and 1 TD.

Next Game -- Washington State has closed out its season with a 4-7 record.

Brady Quinn -- QB, Notre Dame

6-4, 232 lbs., Jr.

Last Performance -- Brady Quinn brought Notre Dame back from the brink of a BCS disaster when he directed the Irish down the field for the winning score as they survived at Stanford on Nov. 26.

Last Game Stats -- Quinn completed 25-of-38 passes for 432 yards and three touchdowns with two picks in Notre Dame's 38-31 win at Stanford on Nov. 26.

Season Stats -- Quinn is 263-of-405 for 3,633 yards with 32 TDs and 7 INTs. He also has 1 rushing TD.

Next Game -- Notre Dame plays Ohio State in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 2.

Matt Leinart -- QB, USC

6-5, 225 lbs., Sr.

Last Performance -- Matt Leinart was average by his standards but he recovered from a slow start to lead the Trojans offense to 679 total yards.

Last Game Stats -- Leinart passed for 233 yards and 3 touchdowns in the Trojans' 66-19 win over UCLA on Dec. 3. He completed 21-of-40 passes with no interceptions.

Season Stats -- Leinart is 254-of-391 for 3,468 yards with 27 TDs and 7 INTs. He also has 6 rushing TDs.

Next Game -- USC plays Texas in the Rose Bowl on Jan. 4.

Vince Young -- QB, Texas

6-5, 230 lbs., Jr.

Last Performance -- It may have been too little, too late in terms of the Heisman Trophy, but Vince Young put on a clinic in the Big 12 championship game against Colorado in his hometown of Houston.

Last Game Stats -- Young finished 14-for-17 for 193 yards with 3 TDs and 1 interception and rushed for 57 yards on 8 carries with 1 TD as Texas pounded Colorado 70-3 on Dec. 3.

Season Stats -- Young is 183-of-296 for 2,769 yards with 26 TDs and 10 INTs. He also has 136 carries for 872 yards and 9 TDs.

Next Game -- Texas plays USC in the Rose Bowl on Jan 4.

D.J. Shockley -- QB, Georgia

6-1, 206 lbs., Sr.

Last Performance -- Shockley's been off the Heisman radar for awhile. But after leading Georgia to the SEC title with a win over LSU, the quarterback delivered an emphatic reminder.

Last Game Stats -- Shockey was 6-of-12 for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns in Georgia's 34-14 win over LSU in the SEC title game.

Season Stats -- Shockley is 153-of-277 for 2,311 with 21 TDs and 5 INTs. He also has 70 carries for 251 yards rushing with 4 TDs.

Next Game -- Georgia plays West Virginia in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 2.

531547[/snapback]

I'm having some trouble here...anyone care to help?

According to this post we're picking:

6 guys with one pick. :doh:

OR we're picking these 6 players with our first 6 picks and FOUR of them are QBs :D

AND/OR Leinart, Quinn, Young and Schockey are lasting into the later rounds. :D

Well, since those are nuts, this is either some sort of code I don't understand...or Navy's making a funny. Does Navy ever make funnies?

:lol:

Yeah, Kris Farris was an outland trophy winner too...that worked out great  :doh:

531818[/snapback]

Injuries.

I agree the best way to build the Dline is the interior. Not only is that where our greatest need is, but a pass-rushing tackle can be more disruptive than an end. I think Indy is good evidence of this. A tackle makes the whole line better. An end might require a double team, but that's it.

As for tackles, I'm going to watch Wright very closely in the Rose Bowl. He's much more athletic than Ngata, without weight concerns.

And has anyone considered the possibility we could draft second? Right now, most people on this board think the highest we can get is 3rd. But SF has Houston and St. Louis - playing a clearly-overmatched rookie QB.