Something from yesterday

Adam

For all of us that doubted Josh Reed (myself included), we were wrong. The fact that he was still playing as hard as he was at the end yesterday shows a great deal of mental toughness.

He's had his ups and downs, but thats what I want to see- I hope he finishes his career here

For all of us that doubted Josh Reed (myself included), we were wrong. The fact that he was still playing as hard as he was at the end yesterday shows a great deal of mental toughness.

He's had his ups and downs, but thats what I want to see- I hope he finishes his career here

529808[/snapback]

Is this what we have been reduced to? Complimenting players because they actually do their job for once....

Is this what we have been reduced to? Complimenting players because they actually do their job for once....

529829[/snapback]

Its one thing to do your job normally, but doing more than that when all the people you rely on aren't, is much tougher to do.

I like read as a player, heck of a good blocker. (I'd like him more if he had fewer drops.) Maybe he'll turn the corner next year. I can tell you one thing, with Moulds being gone, between Reed, Parrish, and Evans we will have the shortest WR core in the NFL.

and THAT is what makes Josh Reed the unique and dynamic WR that he is.

:doh:

529843[/snapback]

I'm not calling him the next Andre Reed, but he has been decent this season, and a lot more reliable in the past. I don't want him as a starter, but he has proven valuable this season

I like read as a player, heck of a good blocker. (I'd like him more if he had fewer drops.) Maybe he'll turn the corner next year. I can tell you one thing, with Moulds being gone, between Reed, Parrish, and Evans we will have the shortest WR core in the NFL.

529838[/snapback]

Don't forget Fast Freddie :doh:

529838[/snapback]

Hopefully that is only a temporary thing.....

I am not saying use our 1st pick on a wideout.....but with Moulds gone we better get a big physical possession guy opposite Evans

Reed better be on a long list of pathetic players that need to be elswhere when next season starts.

529852[/snapback]

Oh, come on...the ENTIRE team can't be made up of all-pros and future Hall of Famers. You need (and this team doesn't have) a good number of Phil Hansen type guys who'll go out and do their jobs consistently and competently...and the fact is, I can't recall the last time Reed was out of position or ran a route incorrectly or didn't play all-out to the best of his ability - and hasn't dropped any more or any less this year than anyone else on the team. I'd sooner take a roster of 53 Josh Reeds than I would Mike "First Round Pick Who Couldn't Block Sunlight" Williams or Nate "Best Cornerback in the League - Just Ask Chris Chambers" Clements.

I am not saying use our 1st pick on a wideout.....but with Moulds gone we better get a big physical possession guy opposite Evans

529880[/snapback]

I agree with you, and it is pretty apparent that Sam Aiken is not going to be that guy. I can't wait for the draft. (I feel like I say this every year, which is obviously not a good thing)

I agree with you, and it is pretty apparent that Sam Aiken is not going to be that guy. I can't wait for the draft. (I feel like I say this every year, which is obviously not a good thing)

529897[/snapback]

I can't wait for the '07 draft...since it's going to be at least until then before this team is competitive again. :doh:

I'm not calling him the next Andre Reed, but he has been decent this season, and a lot more reliable in the past. I don't want him as a starter, but he has proven valuable this season

529846[/snapback]

WOW...this is what happens when your 4-9, you start complementing below average players for doing what they should have been doing since they got off the plane on day one. Look, at best he's a 3rd stringer PERIOD. They guy makes me long for Lonnie "stonehands" Johnson. Adam, you need to understand that EVERYONE should be playing good. Don't pick out one player, let alone Josh Reed, and throw flowers at him. I know it's hard, but understand that this isn't a good team right now and won't be for a while.

Jeff

529880[/snapback]

Kinda like Sam Aiken? lol...Physical attributes mean nothing...You need a guy that has it, no matter what size. Look at Steve Smith and Santana Moss. Personally... I'd like to see moulds take a paycut down to a respectable 4-5mill next year and play for the Bills.