If MM does go I would like to see

Mikie2times

How is this guy not a head coach yet? Check out the bio Kubiak

Even though he doesn't have head coaching experience this is as seasoned as it gets for offensive coaches. IMO his style of offense would be a perfect fit for a mobile JP, and difficult climates.

Edit: Kinda looks like Greggo :D

Even though he doesn't have head coaching experience this is as seasoned as it gets for offensive coaches. IMO his style of offense would be a perfect fit for a mobile JP, and difficult climates.

Edit: Kinda looks like Greggo  :D

528979[/snapback]

good thought---hadnt thought of kubiak in a while.....-he is a very talented coach--no doubt

AND he knows OL play.

528988[/snapback]

He also utilized a mobile QB in Denver with Elway and Plummer, and has always had a dominating running attack. Doesn't this system seem like the perfect fit for the Buffalo climate, and the skilled guys we have?

Why not?  We've usually had tremendous success here bringing in very good coordinators of highly rated units.

528991[/snapback]

If Mularkey goes what stronger canidates are out there? I'm not on the MM lynch squad, just proposing a guy if he does get the boot.

If Mularkey goes what stronger canidates are out there? I'm not on the MM lynch squad, just proposing a guy if he does get the boot.

529007[/snapback]

Kubiak isn't a bad candidate from what I know of him. Then again, I think you have to have in place a system, starting from the owner down to the GM and then to the head coach, to succeed. It's worked for teams like the Pakcers, Patriots, and is beginning to work w/ the Bengals. I wonder if Gregg's failures as our head coach had more to do w/ that than his ability to coach. Well, I'm sure his success in coaching the defense in Washington will lead to another opportunity for him. Once that happens, we'll get to see if he can be another Shanahan or Belichick; guys who were ran out of town by previous employers (Oakland for Shanahan and Cleveland for Belichick) only to get together w/seasoned coaching staffs (Walsh's 49ers for Shanahan and Parcells' Jets/Patriots for Belichick) to learn what they needed to learn for their second time around. Gregg is being mentored by Joe Gibbs, so that could help him pick up the things he needs to make the transition from successful coordinator to successful head coach. Only time will tell.

Kubiak isn't a bad candidate from what I know of him.  Then again, I think you have to have in place a system, starting from the owner down to the GM and then to the head coach, to succeed.  It's worked for teams like the Pakcers, Patriots, and is beginning to work w/ the Bengals.  I wonder if Gregg's failures as our head coach had more to do w/ that than his ability to coach.  Well, I'm sure his success in coaching the defense in Washington will lead to another opportunity for him.  Once that happens, we'll get to see if he can be another Shanahan or Belichick;  guys who were ran out of town by previous employers (Oakland for Shanahan and Cleveland for Belichick) only to get together w/seasoned coaching staffs (Walsh's 49ers for Shanahan and Parcells' Jets/Patriots for Belichick) to learn what they needed to learn for their second time around.  Gregg is being mentored by Joe Gibbs, so that could help him pick up the things he needs to make the transition from successful coordinator to successful head coach.  Only time will tell.

529013[/snapback]

It really is difficult to find a strong head coach, even more so if your not bringing in the right players. A clean sweep seems so drastic to me, but I do think TD needs to go, and wonder if MM will amount to anything this time around. Either way we should get a good idea by 2007 if it was TD, MM, or both. By then either MM will have a new GM getting players for him, or we will have a new HC. Either way I'm pretty sure one of the two main positions in GM, and HC will be different in Buffalo for 2006. If that happens to be MM then Kubiak is as qualified as any candidate, and I actually think his system fits the Bills well. He could be another Mularkey, but quality HC's with NFL experience don't fall off trees.

It really is difficult to find a strong head coach, even more so if your not bringing in the right players. A clean sweep seems so drastic to me, but I do think TD needs to go, and wonder if MM will amount to anything this time around. Either way we should get a good idea by 2007 if it was TD, MM, or both. By then either MM will have a new GM getting players for him, or we will have a new HC. Either way I'm pretty sure one of the two main positions in GM, and HC will be different in Buffalo for 2006.  If that happens to be MM then Kubiak is as qualified as any candidate, and I actually think his system fits the Bills well. He could be another Mularkey, but quality HC's with NFL experience don't fall off trees.

529059[/snapback]

Kubiak could be another Mularkey??? I dont see how you could say that.Kubiak has proven waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any assistant in the game has. No other assistant has accomplishments close to his. Belichek made his name as an assistant(yes--he was a head coach--but got a bad rap in cleveland where he led a crap team to an 11-5 record one year)

Why not?  We've usually had tremendous success here bringing in very good coordinators of highly rated units.

528991[/snapback]

No one else picked up on this :D . I say bring in a head coach who has been proven in the past. No more coordinaters, please. It really is like playing russian roulette. Not to mention we could be in the same boat three more years down the road.

528979[/snapback]

Well after reading that Bio I think the main question is absolutely WHY is he not a HC yet? Considering a guy like MM got a HC Job, and some of the other HC's that are in the NFL, why exactly has Kubiak gone without an opportunity? One reason I can think of is if Shanahan calls the Plays on Offense. Don't know if that is the case or not... Or maybe Kubiak simply does not want to be a HC...Maybe he is just that smart... :D

Kubiak could be another Mularkey??? I dont see how you could say that.Kubiak has proven waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than any assistant in the game has. No other assistant has accomplishments close to his. Belichek made his name as an assistant(yes--he was a head coach--but got a bad rap in cleveland where he led a crap team to an 11-5 record one year)

529125[/snapback]

The point is he's still an unknown commodity as an NFL head coach. Some of the best coaches now have taken more then one stint to find success. Who's to say that the Gregg Williams or Mike Malarkeys won't get much better with one head coaching experience under there belt? As R.Rich mentioned so many coaches have risen up the ranks following this path. I have no doubt Kubiak is a perfect fit for this team, and his credentials are outstanding, but the first job bust is always a possibility. That said if the Bills make the switch I would rather have him be our main candidate over anyone else.

You can end that talk right there. Kubiak has turned down numerous interview offers because he is very particular about moving his family far away from their home... I tend to doubt he'd move his family as far away as Buffalo.

528979[/snapback]

The point is he's still an unknown commodity as an NFL head coach. Some of the best coaches now have taken more then one stint to find success. Who's to say that the Gregg Williams or Mike Malarkeys won't get much better with one head coaching experience under there belt? As R.Rich mentioned so many coaches have risen up the ranks following this path.  I have no doubt Kubiak is a perfect fit for this team, and his credentials are outstanding, but the first job bust is always a possibility. That said if the Bills make the switch I would rather have him be our main candidate over anyone else.

529129[/snapback]

Well...I am willing to go out on that limb concerning Mularkey and Williams...I mean...I certainly cant predict the future, but I am willing to say that I just dont think either of them has what it takes to be successful HC's...And I think with guys like MM and GW, they actually have to be HC's before you find that out about them...There is a certain something (that lacks definition) that I believe both of them are missing...I just don't see either as leaders of men...I guess the easiest way to explain it is I dont believe either is good enough at X's and O's, or have a good enough feel for the game overall, to overcome their lack of personality and inability to get players to exceed expectations on the field...

Just my opinion... :D

No one else picked up on this  :D .  I say bring in a head coach who has been proven in the past.  No more coordinaters, please.  It really is like playing russian roulette.  Not to mention we could be in the same boat three more years down the road.

529127[/snapback]

Again are these type of coaches just growing on trees? Ralph’s been signing cost friendly coaches since the beginning of time so don't expect any former powers to return. Past that we will get to fight with a pool of several other teams, many of which willing to spend more money for coaches that got fired for doing a poor job with there former teams.

I'm not saying that this is a bad move for some, but it just doesn't seem like Buffalo has the pull to bring in a solid coach with experience. Unfortunately we have been left getting coordinators on the rise, and both have not faired well. Other teams who don't have the pull to bring in the top coaches with experience bring in top assistants also. As we’ve seen some of those teams have had success, and some haven't. It's a crapshoot when you can't entice the big names with a big market, ideal weather, and big money. Unfortunately Buffalo's path to finding its coach is threw the assisistants and college ranks. We will hit one sooner or later, even if it takes another GM to do it.

You can end that talk right there. Kubiak has turned down numerous interview offers because he is very particular about moving his family far away from their home... I tend to doubt he'd move his family as far away as Buffalo.

529131[/snapback]

Well if that’s true it would make sense.