Is this the worst Bills team ever?

PromoTheRobot

Is this the worst Bills team ever?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Is this the worst Bills team ever?

• Without a doubt! What a bunch of quitters!
    • The mid-80's teams were worse
    • The Bills stunk for most of the 70's

Sadly, IMO, it's not even in the top 10...  Those 70's and early 80s teams were something to behold! :D

528959[/snapback]

Actually, the 1980 and 1981 Bills were great teams. They fell off to the .500 level in 1982 and 1983, before getting rid of Joe Ferguson, losing Joe Cribbs to the USFL, and Jerry Butler to a bunch of injuries. RW firing Chuck Knox, after the 1981 season, IMO, was one of the darker days in Bills history. The Bills finally bottomed out in 1984 and 1985, with back to back 2-14 seasons. It was thos mid-80's teams, and likely the late 1960's (before my time) and early 70's teams that were the worst....

I agree.  2003 Bills get my vote as the all-time most disappointing team, the 2005 team is not too far behind.  Just flat out worst though?  No, not even close.  The 1985 Bills were the worst team in my cognisent Bills lifetime (72-present).  I remember being at games back then, where we would get truly excited if the Bills (guided by the three-headed monster of Ferragamo/Dufek/Mathison, and coached by the one headed monster Hank Bullough) could string together two first downs on any possession, let alone score.  This current team still has flashes of being a good team...  :D

529080[/snapback]

85 was very bad... I knew things weren't very good when I was excited :D about Bruce Matheson getting a shot. :D

I'd definitley say in the Top 5 Worst of All-Time.

In the 1984-1985, everyone knew the Bills stunk but at least they had some likeable players (Ferguson, Haslett, Smerlas, Jerry Butler) and a quote machine in Hank Bullough. In 1985, they had the beginnings of what they were to become. (Polian, Talley, Bruce Smith, Reed, Reich were all here)

The late 60's were horrific as were the early 70's, 1976-1977 and 2001.

My Top 10 Worst Bills Teams

1. 1968

2. 1971

3. 2005

4. 1976

5. 2001

6. 1977

7. 1985

8. 1984

9. 2003

10. 1969

Guest BackInDaDay
The 1968-71 era and 1984-85 era were far worse than this.

529157[/snapback]

When Dennis Shaw leading us, 4-10 was a good year! :doh:

This offends my sensibilities as a research guy.  If it's a "yes" or "no" question...then make it so. 

My answer is "no".

If it's NOT a "yes" or "no" question...then it's REALLY screwed up.

See what happens when you let anyone ask quesions?  :doh:

BTW, I suggest "Gun With Occasional Music" to examine the idea of asking questions in general.  :w00t:

529083[/snapback]

I believe in 1969 or 1970 the bills won only two games (I think both against the jets.) The quarterback was Dan Darragh. God awful teams. Much worse than this. However those teams had the excuse of having almost NO talent whatsoever. This team strted out as a playoff contender with lots of people earmarked for the pro bowl (Moulds, Evans, Fletcher, Clements etc.) and managed to compete with the nothing teams of the 70's. That is impressive and great tribute to Mularkey.

Guest BackInDaDay
I believe in 1969 or 1970 the bills won only two games (I think both against the jets.) The quarterback was Dan Darragh.  God awful teams. Much worse than this.  However those teams had the excuse of having almost NO talent whatsoever. This team strted out as a playoff contender with lots of people earmarked for the pro bowl (Moulds, Evans, Fletcher, Clements etc.) and managed to compete with the nothing teams of the 70's.  That is impressive and great tribute to Mularkey.

529977[/snapback]

"Therein lies the rub."

Not the worst Bills team - there is a lot of talent on this squad - but certainly among the worst-coached Bills teams, and right up there with the worst-managed Bills organizations ever!

Marv is in town tonite - RW can fire Mularkey today and have The Marvelous One getting the team ready for Denver starting tomorrow.

Bring back Marv.