Bills lose and Jets WIN! GB win tonight & NO win..

BravinSeattle

Even with Houston having a game against Arizona at home and a game left at San Francisco I think its safe to say the Reggie Bush sweepstakes will come down to the Texans or Niners.

After that it gets really interesting for a Bills fan that only has the draft to look forward to.....again.

I think that Green Bay very will could win two more games (Tonight vs Detroit and against a Baltimore team that will be without Ray Lewis).

If New Orleans can somehow beat Atlanta on MNF or pull out a victory against Detroit (Which is likely) then the Bills could end up with the 3rd overall pick in the draft as long as we can lose out which would mean that the Jets victroy today would put them at 4 wins as well.

Seeing as how both Houston and San Francisco have their QB's we could possibly have the opportunity to draft Leinart or Young if we wanted to vs. spending another top 5 pick on an OT.

I have to say that considering how deep this drat is at OL I'd be really tempted to take Leinart and try to trade him to GB for picks or stay with him and pick up an OT in the 2nd round.

Really, really, REALLY tempted.

I just posted some details on this in another post. but long story short, we can get #1 overall with a miracle (Hou winning out amongst other things).

If we lose out, we cant pick lower than sixth (provided the current strength of schedule does not change). Our SOS is the WORST among teams who will have the same or worse record than us, giving us the best pick among all 4-12 teams

We move up a spot if NYJ beats MIA or NE, if NO wins one more game, GB wins 2 more games, or if SF wins 2 of their next 3 (sounds implausible, but they do play HOU once.)

#1 is just about impossible, because not only does HOU need to win all 3 games, but SF would need to win their other 2 games (STL and JAX).

This draft will be awesome! We have so many picks and looks like we will be top 5. This class is so deep and the one of the most talented I have ever seen. Ideally I want the Bills to pick 3rd with Leinhert off the board. I dont even want him on the board when we pick. I like Ngata, Mario Williams and Ferguson myself. I would be happy with any of those 3. 138 more days until the draft!

I just posted some details on this in another post.  but long story short, we can get #1 overall with a miracle (Hou winning out amongst other things).

If we lose out, we cant pick lower than sixth (provided the current strength of schedule does not change).  Our SOS is the WORST among teams who will have the same or worse record than us, giving us the best pick among all 4-12 teams

We move up a spot if NYJ beats MIA or NE, if NO wins one more game, GB wins 2 more games, or if SF wins 2 of their next 3 (sounds implausible, but they do play HOU once.)

#1 is just about impossible, because not only does HOU need to win all 3 games, but SF would need to win their other 2 games (STL and JAX).

528730[/snapback]

I think we're looking for the 3rd pick in the best case scenario.

Jahnyc, I think you are missing the point. A high pick gives you TONS of flexibility (usually). If we are sitting there, and Reggie Bush is on the board, we are in the money. Even if we decide we dont want Bush, we can get a kings ransom for the pick. Heck, ricky williams was worth a whole draft board! People will go crazy for him and leinert. I hope one of them is on the board when we pick so we CAN trade down and get our lineman.

I think we're looking for the 3rd pick in the best case scenario.

528855[/snapback]

Well, I dont know.

Houston will not win out. I conceed this point. Even if they do somehow manage this, SF will not beat BOTH stl and Jax. #1 is out of reach, really.

SF is playing Hou, so they only need one more win. Playing 2 road games against Jax (a suddenly very different team) and St. Louis (who is one of 2 teams they already beat this season). Unlikely, probably, but this is the NFL..

#2 is not all that far fetched.

Could Debrickshaw Ferguson(sp?) be had for 5th to 8th pick in the draft?

What about that DT Ngato (sp?) ?

Seriously, forget about drafting Qb's and build a line around one for a change.

528764[/snapback]

I think Ferguson will go 3 or 4 depending on who's there at 3. I think Ngato is the 2nd best DT in the draft so he can definitely be had from 5-8.

I understand your reasoning with wanting to forget about QB position but this draft is unbelievably deep at OL -- and I'm not campaigning for Leinart to be our pick. I'm only pointing out that I don't think GB is sold on Rodgers as thier QB and they might want to trade up for Leinart.

If they do I do that deal in a heartbeat. If they don't I'm still tempted because of how deep the draft is at OL.

Well, I dont know.

Houston will not win out. I conceed this point. Even if they do somehow manage this, SF will not beat BOTH stl and Jax. #1 is out of reach, really.

SF is playing Hou, so they only need one more win.  Playing 2 road games against Jax (a suddenly very different team) and St. Louis (who is one of 2 teams they already beat this season).  Unlikely, probably, but this is the NFL..

#2 is not all that far fetched.

528879[/snapback]

I think its possible but not likely. Jax with John Madden at QB is a better team than SF so I can't see an upset there. Maybe a close game but.....

I hear you.  You are right, trading down for more picks is always an option, plus if Reggie Bush was on the board (which I doubt), I would take him in a minute, even with WM.

528887[/snapback]

Amen. I would love to see Drew Rosenhaus' face if we took Bush. In fact, I'd invite Reggie to the contract negotiations with him.