Bills lose and Jets WIN! GB win tonight & NO win..

BravinSeattle

Listening to Vince Young on ESPN Gameday yesterday, he isn't gonna be available for the draft.  He basically said that he will return to Texas next year. 

But man!  I would take him over Leinart in a flash!

528872[/snapback]

I'm going to wait and see what he does vs. USC but man he's a beast.

Jahnyc, I think you are missing the point.  A high pick gives you TONS of flexibility (usually).  If we are sitting there, and Reggie Bush is on the board, we are in the money.  Even if we decide we dont want Bush, we can get a kings ransom for the pick.  Heck, ricky williams was worth a whole draft board!  People will go crazy for him and leinert.  I hope one of them is on the board when we pick so we CAN trade down and get our lineman.

528868[/snapback]

Exactly. We might even get an extra 1st rounder just by trading down one spot!

trade to NO, NYJ. or AZ...  all need qbs

or we could keep him and hope for the 3rd time is the charm in regards to california, easy going metrosexual quarterbacks.

528564[/snapback]

Actually with NO looking like the next team in LA I think if he's on the board at our pick NO will pay dearly for him.

Actually with NO looking like the next team in LA I think if he's on the board at our pick NO will pay dearly for him.

528918[/snapback]

Possibly, or they may just pass him up and go after Young. Who knows?

I hope we end up w/ a great lineman, be it offensive (D'Brickashaw Ferguson maybe?) or defensive (Haloti Ngata, Gabe Watson-later after a trade down??).

I hope we end up w/ a great lineman, be it offensive (D'Brickashaw Ferguson maybe?) or defensive (Haloti Ngata, Gabe Watson-later after a trade down??).

Only problem...4 years ago we were sayign "I hope we end up with a great lineman, such as Bryant McKinney or Mike Williams"

Only problem...4 years ago we were sayign "I hope we end up with a great lineman, such as Bryant McKinney or Mike Williams"

528969[/snapback]

You're right about that.

That reminds me: we really screwed the pooch by drafting that JD Williams guy from Fresno State some years back. We should stay away from corners too.

...and, didn't we get burned trying to draft a TE by the name of Tony Hunter? Put TE on the list as well...

...that Erik Flowers was a bust for us (nice jersey though), so I think we should also steer clear from drafting DEs from now on.

Possibly, or they may just pass him up and go after Young.  Who knows? 

528945[/snapback]

I can't see a team that's most likely going to be playing in Los Angeles passing up on a guy who's done it better than anyone over a two year period vs. a guy who's just done it for one.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm sold on vince Young. But I think the USC v Texas game could be for the national championship and the first QB taken in the draft if Young has another monster bowl game and brings it home fro Texas.

528969[/snapback]

This draft is going to be almost identical with Ferguson (McKinney) and McNeil (Williams) being pretty close, physically.

Not saying they're going to end up the same players but I'd go with a mobile LT after Mike Willaims and Leonard Davis showing that massive OT's don't always dominate in the NFL as they did in college.

Has he even had a chance to play this year?

As long as Favre is there, he is not going to be starting, only sitting there being told to watch closely and watch videos of Favre glory days.

You have to give a rookie a little more than a full year as a starter before you can actually call him a bust. Unless he shows up to a game after not even reading a playbook.

Leinhart has a noodle arm for crying outloud. You would want him to throw in this Buffalo weather. JP will be fine and he has a cannon. We need help in the trenches not skill positions.

529290[/snapback]

He doesn't have a noodle arm but Brady does. Both are incredibly accurate though. Hmmmm.....

Jahnyc, I think you are missing the point.  A high pick gives you TONS of flexibility (usually).  If we are sitting there, and Reggie Bush is on the board, we are in the money.  Even if we decide we dont want Bush, we can get a kings ransom for the pick.  Heck, ricky williams was worth a whole draft board!  People will go crazy for him and leinert.  I hope one of them is on the board when we pick so we CAN trade down and get our lineman.

528868[/snapback]

Was this TD's evil plan to stock pile draft picks ?

Guest BackInDaDay
Was this TD's evil plan to stock pile draft picks ?

529986[/snapback]

Yeah, that's why he craps in his living room - so the bathroom don't stink. :doh: