Mort just gave a scathing...

IndyMark

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice Mort works for ESPN and not NFL network - he needs access to players as much as coaches.  He's not going to get far if he spins management's PR, as players would cut him off.  Any reporter knows the game very well, and will very rarely be a media shill for management.

528247[/snapback]

The players know that management spins. They do too. They're all in the media biz, after all.

What player in their right mind is going to turn down the chance to talk to ESPN, regardless of what the front office has to say/spin about them? We're not talking about the Jerry Sullivan's of the world (who Bruce Smith never spoke to over the last few years he was here after almost punching him out).

Mort doesn't have to fear losing a player's access, IMO, by throwing a bone to a front office source scrambling for his professional life. The players will always look to go national/big time and Mort, Boomer and the rest of the ESPN crew know it.

(d) During half time meetings/adjustments, Moulds was sitting in his locker listening to music and disregarded coaches.

527531[/snapback]

Maybe this partially explains the seeming inability of the Bills coaches to make half-time adjustments -- no one's listening!! Nice leadership Moulds.

Maybe this partially explains the seeming inability of the Bills coaches to make half-time adjustments -- no one's listening!!  Nice leadership Moulds.

528299[/snapback]

Are they saying anything worth listening to? It does not appear so.

Are they saying anything worth listening to?  It does not appear so.

528309[/snapback]

I'm in support of the EM suspension, but he's probably sitting there thinking "I've played the last eight years for three of the dumbest/worst HCs ever to hold the title...how did I ever get so lucky?" <_<

I don't see how this report expresses Eric Moulds or Eric Moulds' spin doctors interpretation of the events in any way. How does one infer that this is not just management's side of the story?

Truly, one should ask who is best served by airing the dirty diapers like this?

Is it Moulds or Moulds' people? Hell no. Moulds looks like a prick given this account of the events. He looks no better than a Terrell Owens.

Is it in the Bills best interest? Now that depends. If the Bills organization is interested in keeping Eric Moulds happy and a contributor on the team, even in the short-term, it doesn't make much sense to paint him into a corner as a me-first chump.

On the other hand, if someone knew he had to make a decision with respect to paying Eric Moulds and had already made up his mind that Eric Moulds wasn't worth the coin, then leaking information that Moulds was a no-good cancer of a player greases the public relations skids for when the hammer comes down on a player that has been a good performer over his career, a fan favorite, and reportedly well-liked and respected in the locker room.

I don't see how this report expresses Eric Moulds or Eric Moulds' spin doctors interpretation of the events in any way.  How does one infer that this is not just management's side of the story?

Truly, one should ask who is best served by airing the dirty diapers like this?

Is it Moulds or Moulds' people?  Hell no.  Moulds looks like a prick given this account of the events.  He looks no better than a Terrell Owens.

Is it in the Bills best interest?  Now that depends.  If the Bills organization is interested in keeping Eric Moulds happy and a contributor on the team, even in the short-term, it doesn't make much sense to paint him in as a me-first chump.

On the other hand, if someone knew he had to make a decision with respect to paying Eric Moulds and had already made up his mind that Eric Moulds wasn't worth the coin, then leaking information that Moulds was a no-good bum of a player greases the public relations skids for when the hammer comes down on a player that has been a good performer over his career, a fan favorite, and reportedly well-liked and respected in the locker room.

528346[/snapback]

just to extend the conspiracy, tom modrak.