Does anyone remember...

WVUFootball29

Second String is probably the worst football movie ever made. the only 2 things it had going for it were:

1. The fact the team it was based around was the Buffalo Bills

2. Doug Flutie gets an extremely bad case of food poisoning and is in the hospital (that sold the movie for me, just the fact that mighty midget gets put in the hospital by a bad clam)

yeah, this was kinda off topic but oh well. Who else saw this piece of garbage?

Last year the Bills tried at least one of the plays from the movie. Bledsoe was walking off the field in disgust as if the was going to take a time out, then the ball was hiked to Mcgahee. Didn't really get much out of it as I recall. Seem to remember another play from the movie was used at some point during the year but can't recall what it was.

I saw it, and have the DVD.

527117[/snapback]

There's a DVD? <_<

I kept my taped copy, if only to watch Van Miller lean out of the broadcast booth and yell something like "You guys STINK!!!" Priceless....

It was a low budget film...do you think they were going to spend the money to rent the lombardi trophy?

527249[/snapback]

I figured it was low budget. It had some terrible quality on the field, and in the stadium when they tried to mix the fan shots with the player on the field.

Second String is probably the worst football movie ever made.  the only 2 things it had going for it were:

1. The fact the team it was based around was the Buffalo Bills

2. Doug Flutie gets an extremely bad case of food poisoning and is in the hospital (that sold the movie for me, just the fact that mighty midget gets put in the hospital by a bad clam)

yeah, this was kinda off topic but oh well.  Who else saw this piece of garbage?

527109[/snapback]

At least one of the four time superbowl losers were able to overcome the big loss. Poor Minnesota Vikequeens. Even the stadium cuts were horrible, most of the Superdome shots were inside the infamous Metrodome. Even the outside pics were wrong. Really classy movie, would have preferred Flutie over the flakes.