What do you think?

buckeyemike

When I was in college, I stuck with the Browns. Through thick, thin, the Fumble, the loss in the third AFC title game and about 4 million Bengals fans.

If I really wanted to win now, I'd root for the Bengals. I'm happy for their fans, because 15 years of suffering is enough.

But, I can't do that. If I go anywhere else, it's back to the Dawg Pound.

Mike

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, Reuben Droughns?

Mike

525055[/snapback]

Oh yeah, the guy I ended up benching the "best running back in football" for on my fantasy team.

My opinion, pick your team. Stay with them through hell or high water. I been a Bills fan since I was about 7 and the only thing that will change that is the team leaving Buffalo. I tried liking two teams for a short time. I said Pittsburgh was my 2nd favorite team for a few years. I hate 'em, hate 'em bad!

The Bills are obviously a team that is in disarray...it reminds me of what happened at least a couple of times with the Browns (under Belichick in the early 90s and under Butch Davis last year).

I really don't want to go through that again.

The Browns aren't very good right now either...but they have been competitive and playing hard for most of the year.  I see little fire in the Buffalo Bills right now.

At one point this season, I said that the Browns were slowly starting to win me back.  I see no reason why I can't be a big fan of both teams, but the Browns look like they're starting to get their act together.  The main problem of the Cleveland Browns right now is bad luck (Winslow, Braylon Edwards, poor drafting, etc.).

I have also stated here that the Browns will probably win a Super Bowl sometime in the next decade.  The Bills can do that, too, but it increasingly seems to me that this is an organization that is secretive when it has no reason to be.  And one that is, for some inexplicable reason, increasingly alienating its fan base.  Thank God Randy Lerner noticed the same thing was happening here in Cleveland...and he put a stop to it. 

A side note to OBD:  you guys run a football team.  And not a very good football team at that.  It's not like you're guarding nuclear secrets or the formula for Coca-Cola.  I saw the same dang thing with Butch Davis here.  It doesn't work!!!!.

Please note that this is not a good-bye note from me.  I will still be around here.  I enjoy this board, as I have for the past three years and nearly 3,000 posts.  But, it may be time to support the hometown boys again.  Moreso than the Bills.  And it's possible that the Bills may come to Cleveland next year (they are scheduled in 2007).

The Bills have not lost a fan...but I see no reason for this team to act like it's guarding the Pentagon.  Especially when the players are simply collecting their paychecks right now.

Mike

524326[/snapback]

good bye wagon jumper .

If you're going to jump ship then, hell, be a dolphin fan.  They're about as fickle as they come.  It's not 'our dolphins' unless they win, and no one wears dolphin paraphenalia unless they win.  If they're behind at the half, they're in the car and heading home.

Yeah, you'd fit right in as a dolfelon.

525074[/snapback]

Dont rag on fins fans...its not like puhonix came to our Bills backers bar last week to watch the game and then left at halftime cause the fish were getting their azzes whipped or anything... <_<

My husband is a Browns fan - if you want a good board to post on there - he likes the watercooler at bernies insiders.

526112[/snapback]

I have seen that board...I like it.

Are you telling me to go away? :angry:<_<

Mike

Uh no ... of course not <_<

Just kidding. I actually am surprised you didn't make the move back sooner. I had mentioned to my husband several months ago that there was an ex-Browns fan who now rooted for the Bills. He couldn't believe that you didn't come back when they first returned (and share in the misery of Tim Couch and Butch Davis).

I have to admit I don't really understand how you can switch from one team to another. I never lived in Buffalo (raised in Virginia) but I started liking the Bills in the late 80's. (I was a new football fan and the no-huddle offense was exciting.) After the 4 Super Bowl losses and then the last remaining Super Bowl players were cut (Reed, Smith and Thomas), I considered switching to a team closer to my home (like the Redskins or Panthers). But I couldn't do it.

I'm a season ticket holder now (even though I live in D.C.) and made my first visit ever to Buffalo a few years ago. My friends don't really understand why I'm such a fan when I have no connection to Buffalo and I can't even really explain it. But I couldn't imagine switching to another team no matter how bad things get.

Guys, cut the brother some slack. If I have the backstory correct, longtime Browns fan who only came to the Bills when Cleveland moved. Think about how much loyalty you would have to a team other than the Bills if the Bills moved. I give him some credit for not immediately jumping on the new Browns, that prolly how much the move hurt him.

Someone once said on this board, and for the life of me can't remember who"the Bills choose you, you did not choose the Bills".  How true, but Buckeye chose the Bills, and since hes been a watching, nothing but one screw up after another.

I certainly cant blame him

525085[/snapback]

You're in a tough spot. Obviously I can't relate, because my beloved Bills didn't pick up and move out of town on me. I would think if that happened, I would be a fan of nobody--but who knows?

My advice is to go back to your roots and stick with the Browns. Your allegiance to the Bills, while admirable, seems to me to have been more of a hobby than a live-or-die sort of thing.

You're in a tough spot. Obviously I can't relate, because my beloved Bills didn't pick up and move out of town on me. I would think if that happened, I would be a fan of nobody--but who knows?

My advice is to go back to your roots and stick with the Browns. Your allegiance to the Bills, while admirable, seems to me to have been more of a hobby than a live-or-die sort of thing.

526362[/snapback]

I think we have a winner...JR hit the nail on the head.

Mike

I think we have a winner...JR hit the nail on the head.

Mike

526395[/snapback]

While reponding to another thread, it just hit me I did the same thing. Been an O's fan since moved to DC in 86. Never had a favorite team growing up.. When the Nats came, I jumped on board. Part of that is due to Angelos, part just due to the fact that my adopted home twon now had a squad.

Still root just a smidge for the O's

I think this team is in disarray right now and you should be a Browns fan.  Hurry go.....  Yeah ok, if your gonna jump ship at least pick a team that has a shot.  Go from shittty to shittty thats smart.

527174[/snapback]

The Browns may be bad, but there's more hope there than in Buffalo right now.

There, I said it. <_<

And if I'm going anywhere, it's back to my hometown team. Nowhere else.

Mike