Why does this team continue to treat people

Albany,n.y.

The Moulds episode is just one in what continues to be a disrespect by management of guys who toiled for years in a Bills uniform. In recent years we've see: Eric Moulds' career end in a stupid conflict, Sam Adams playing his last season under a cloud of he said-he said between Sam's agent & Mularkey, Pat Williams leaving angry, Ruben Brown not being permitted to finish his season because mgt didn't want him here on his last game here, Steve Christie being put on IR then waived in TD's 1st season, and going back a few years-the release of Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas on the same day. I could go on with the history of coaches like Wade being fired, not even informed that his family's health insurance was cancelled and Ralph not willing to pay him, Chuck Knox leaving here for Seattle because of Ralph's stinginess, Lou Saban not on the wall and John Rauch being thrown under the bus by Ralph, forcing his resignation.

The bottom line is this stuff has always happened under Ralph's direction. I could even go back to Cookie Gilchrist.

The Moulds episode is just one in what continues to be a disrespect by management of guys who toiled for years in a Bills uniform.  In recent years we've see: Eric Moulds' career end in a stupid conflict, Sam Adams playing his last season under a cloud of he said-he said between Sam's agent & Mularkey, Pat Williams leaving angry, Ruben Brown not being permitted to finish his season because mgt didn't want him here on his last game here, Steve Christie being put on IR then waived in TD's 1st season, and going back a few years-the release of Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas on the same day.  I could go on with the history of coaches like Wade being fired, not even informed that his family's health insurance was cancelled and Ralph not willing to pay him, Chuck Knox leaving here for Seattle because of Ralph's stinginess, Lou Saban not on the wall and John Rauch being thrown under the bus by Ralph, forcing his resignation. 

The bottom line is this stuff has always happened under Ralph's direction.  I could even go back to Cookie Gilchrist.

524323[/snapback]

You, my friend, you are a walking history book.

On the plus side, the coaches and the management are trying to turn the page. The NFL can be a painful, unfair business. If you see a bunch of young players screwing up over the next few games, consider it preseason. This is when some of these young players are getting that highly valued "experience". I am trying to be positive now. There are some positives out there.

War and losing seasons are never nice.

The Moulds episode is just one in what continues to be a disrespect by management of guys who toiled for years in a Bills uniform.  In recent years we've see: Eric Moulds' career end in a stupid conflict, Sam Adams playing his last season under a cloud of he said-he said between Sam's agent & Mularkey, Pat Williams leaving angry, Ruben Brown not being permitted to finish his season because mgt didn't want him here on his last game here, Steve Christie being put on IR then waived in TD's 1st season, and going back a few years-the release of Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and Thurman Thomas on the same day.  I could go on with the history of coaches like Wade being fired, not even informed that his family's health insurance was cancelled and Ralph not willing to pay him, Chuck Knox leaving here for Seattle because of Ralph's stinginess, Lou Saban not on the wall and John Rauch being thrown under the bus by Ralph, forcing his resignation. 

The bottom line is this stuff has always happened under Ralph's direction.  I could even go back to Cookie Gilchrist.

524323[/snapback]

I made a similar post, when Bledsoe was released...I was concerned with the way that Bills players were being let go by TD, or all of the two-sided mouth speak coming from the organization about ex-players....I got blasted as much, if not more, for anything I have posted before or after that (and I get reamed a lot here at TSW). If you ever notice, any player who leaves via free-agency has a distinctly different story than the Bills. It is always, "we wanted to re-negotiate with the Bills, but they didn't call", and TD always says, "it is hard to renegotiate, when you receive no response", etc etc etc...eventually, if you keep treating players like crap, it will catch up with you. Even after saying all of the "right things" about guys after they move on (you know "Drew gave it his all, and we were very happy with him, he is a great QB, but we just felt it was time to move on..., blah, blah, blah) TD will later go out of his way to make some passing comments about the players, to make them look bad.

I really was not surprised that Moulds was not in the plans for 2006, it is likely the best thing for he and the team...it is just depressing that a great Bills player, no matter who is to blame, has to wind up his career in Buffalo, on such an ugly note....

You, my friend, you are a walking history book.

On the plus side, the coaches and the management are trying to turn the page.  The NFL can be a painful, unfair business.  If you see a bunch of young players screwing up over the next few games, consider it preseason.  This is when some of these young players are getting that highly valued "experience".  I am trying to be positive now.  There are some positives out there. 

War and losing seasons are never nice.

524339[/snapback]

Donahoe and GREGG also felt threatened by Flutie, the seasoned veteran...and chose to keep weak Rob. :devil:

Well, I think the fact that the problems are move evident in the free agency era reflects more on the "me" attitudes of the players rather than ownership and management.

Players no longer have any loyalty so they have no problem being outspoken, outlandish, selfish detractors from the concept of "team."

Players are employees, management and ownership are the employer. The relationship is no different than the real word. But for some reason, everyone wants to allow athletes to steer the ship. If you're in a non-management position in your job, do you make the calls on what you do everyday or how you are used? Or is that made by someone above you. And if you post a complaint about your boss on the board in the lunch room, are you free from repercussion?

Well, I think the fact that the problems are move evident in the free agency era reflects more on the "me" attitudes of the players rather than ownership and management.

Players no longer have any loyalty so they have no problem being outspoken, outlandish, selfish detractors from the concept of "team."

Players are employees, management and ownership are the employer. The relationship is no different than the real word. But for some reason, everyone wants to allow athletes to steer the ship. If you're in a non-management position in your job, do you make the calls on what you do everyday or how you are used? Or is that made by someone above you. And if you post a complaint about your boss on the board in the lunch room, are you free from repercussion?

524366[/snapback]

You most definitely have the right to say something if you're not being used the way you feel you should. And if you continue to be disappointed with your job...you move on. I guess your idea of "loyalty" has the employ doing whatever the employer asks and staying at that dead end job for the rest of their life? I think you're confusing "employ" with "slavery".

524323[/snapback]

It is a reflection of fandom. Look at all the people badmouthing Bills players, playing and gone. People listen to idiotic agents (Wright, Sam Adams's agent is a prime example), radio idiots (i.e. Chuck Dickerson), pro media with agenda, fan B word sites and National Enquirer sites like PFT and wonder why Bills reflect them?

It is a reflection of fandom.  Look at all the people badmouthing Bills players, playing and gone.  People listen to idiotic agents (Wright, Sam Adams's agent is a prime example), radio idiots (i.e. Chuck Dickerson), pro media with agenda, fan B word sites and National Enquirer sites like PFT and wonder why Bills reflect them?

524438[/snapback]

You got that right. :devil:

Why don't they just fine him like Levy used to do privately to players.  Fine him 20G and make a point internally to the player and the team.  Don't cause a media and team circus like this!

524418[/snapback]

The difference being that Marv nevet actually had a point (that we know of, but I have heard rumour) where one of his healthy first stringers was sitting on the sideline...Moulds was pretty tame in his public comments, so one can only assume that he did/said something behind closed doors that was far worse than what he said in public...