WWE to go Bankrupt

stevestojan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure their drug testing will be as legit as their "sport"...purely on the up-and-up. <_<

521393[/snapback]

Ok first off, its not a sport, nobody has claimed it to be a sport since 1952!!! The drug testing is not meant to "level the playing field" and I am so f'ing sick of non-wrestling fans who say stuff like that. Its entertainment, has been always will be and everyone knows that so statements like that just mean that you dont know what you are talking about.

If you read the story, you would have seen this quote "Although wrestling is entertainment, some experts say a grueling number of matches, high acrobatics and expectations placed on wrestlers contributes to the use of steroids and painkillers."

Secondly, the drug testing proposed by Vince McMahon is in response to the death of Edde Gurerro, not to mention the deaths of so many others which may or may not have been the result of drug use. Rick Rude, Curt Henning, Ray Traylor, Davey Boy Smith, Chris Candido, etc. the list is too long and too unfortunate to mention.

I truly believe that this is an honest effort by Vince to keep the business going, everything he does is to keep the business going and he wouldnt even consider it if it would endanger the WWE. I am saying this as someone who has been a fan for years, but I walked away a few years ago aftr being disgusted at some instances like Vince going nuts on "Real Sports." I know that these actions were asimply done in an effort to protect the business from those who don't know what they are talking about!! I love the business of wrestling, if you don't get it, then fine, don't watch it and don't comment on it.

So as the Rock would say, if you don't know sports-entertainment/wrestling THEN KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!

Ok first off, its not a sport, nobody has claimed it to be a sport since 1952!!!  The drug testing is not meant to "level the playing field" and I am so f'ing sick of non-wrestling fans who say stuff like that.  Its entertainment, has been always will be and everyone knows that so statements like that just mean that you dont know what you are talking about.

If you read the story, you would have seen this quote "Although wrestling is entertainment, some experts say a grueling number of matches, high acrobatics and expectations placed on wrestlers contributes to the use of steroids and painkillers."

Secondly, the drug testing proposed by Vince McMahon is in response to the death of Edde Gurerro, not to mention the deaths of so many others which may or may not have been the result of drug use.  Rick Rude, Curt Henning, Ray Traylor, Davey Boy Smith, Chris Candido, etc. the list is too long and too unfortunate to mention. 

I truly believe that this is an honest effort by Vince to keep the business going, everything he does is to keep the business going and he wouldnt even consider it if it would endanger the WWE.  I am saying this as someone who has been a fan for years, but I walked away a few years ago aftr being disgusted at some instances like Vince going nuts on "Real Sports."  I know that these actions were asimply done in an effort to protect the business from those who don't know what they are talking about!!  I love the business of wrestling, if you don't get it, then fine, don't watch it and don't comment on it.

So as the Rock would say, if you don't know sports-entertainment/wrestling THEN KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!!!!!

521503[/snapback]

Obviously I know it isn't a sport. It's entertainment for 6th graders and mental defectives...THAT I understand.

Having said that, you agree that baning steriods has nothing to do w/competition. I go one further and say it has nothing to do with anything other than getting Vince and the WWE headlines. (As for Vince, you are correct, EVERYTHING he does and says is an act and is always centered around $$.) Also, I don't think the WWE would actually implement a REAL drug policy unless Vince saw a $$ upside to the policy...and I can't think of one. Of course. I'm not the marketing GENIUS that VM is.

As I am in the entertainment business, I feel qualified to comment on the business. Actually, WCW was a client of mine years ago...as distasteful as that was to me.

its kinda !@#$ed up to title your thread as a fact that has already happened, then state an opinion in the body of the post.

521506[/snapback]

It's !@#$ing wrestling. If you're older than 8 years old and still give a sh-- about it, you need to get your head examined, sell your star wars action figure collection, and go find a woman.

It's !@#$ing wrestling. If you're older than 8 years old and still give a sh-- about it, you need to get your head examined, sell your star wars action figure collection, and go find a woman.

521574[/snapback]

But who has time for their Star Wars action figure collection when they have 7000 wrestling tapes to watch?

521574[/snapback]

AMEN! :blink:

Obviously I know it isn't a sport.  It's entertainment for 6th graders and mental defectives...THAT I understand. 

Having said that, you agree that baning steriods has nothing to do w/competition.  I go one further and say it has nothing to do with anything other than getting Vince and the WWE headlines. (As for Vince, you are correct,  EVERYTHING he does and says is an act and is always centered around $$.)  Also, I don't think the WWE would actually implement a REAL drug policy unless Vince saw a $$ upside to the policy...and I can't think of one.  Of course. I'm not the marketing GENIUS that VM is.

As I am in the entertainment business, I feel qualified to comment on the business.  Actually, WCW was a client of mine years ago...as distasteful as that was to me.

521560[/snapback]

Furst off, my post was not directed at you directly, but rather at the general consensus of people who claim to be too cool or too smart to enjoy the art form of pro-wrestling.

For 6th graders and mental defectives? Thats interesting considering that many of the people who run the business have gone to some of the top universities in the nation. So, you're in the entertainment business? So because of that you can look down on others and insult people because of a show they watch on TV? What do you do that qualifies you for that, I'd like to know so I casn get in that type of field that gives me that right. So please, spare us your "holier than thou" attitude.

If you read my post, you would see that I basically said what you said, that VK would not implement any type of policy that would hurt his business. Having said that, something needed to be done about the drug problem in pro-wrestling that has persisted for many, many years as the list is too long to mention of those who have died young. the act of suspending and firing those who are druggies has not worked.

This is one of the greatest forms of entertainment on the planet. Other than it combines everything from film, theater, sport, tv sit-coms and dramas to make a medium that is enjoyed immensely by many different organizations in damn near every country on the globe.