I Got Ripped for Blowing Up When MM Hired

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the day MM was hired, I blew my top on this board. I couldn't believe that TD would again pick a coordinator with no previous head caoching experience after the GW mess.

Everyone said things like "You never know, he could be a great one" and "I like the way he sounded at his welcoming press conference. . . he said all the right things"

Well, excuse me for pointing out the obvious now, but that hiring is just as bad as GW. At least with GW we had a good defense. I wanted Tom Coughlin or Jim Fassel. can anyone say that they'd really rather have MM than either of those two guys?

My dream head coach short list:

1.) Gary Kubiak, OC Denver: Anyone see what Denver does on offense with Plummer and 32 year old Mike Anderson? That scheme is the best in the biz. Period.

2.) Charklie Weiss, HC Notre Dame: Again, TD passed on him, couldn't wait a couple of weeks or some such nonsense. Same as Romeo Crennel.

3.) Urban Meyer, HC Florida: This guy is Saban times 10

4.) Ron Rivera, DC? Chicago: This guy is getting a lot of ink lately, along with Mike Singletary.

521315[/snapback]

So you didn't like the MM hiring because he had no previous coaching experience yet your "dream" list is headed by a guy that has no previous HC experience. <_<

On the day MM was hired, I blew my top on this board. I couldn't believe that TD would again pick a coordinator with no previous head caoching experience after the GW mess.

Everyone said things like "You never know, he could be a great one" and "I like the way he sounded at his welcoming press conference. . . he said all the right things"

Well, excuse me for pointing out the obvious now, but that hiring is just as bad as GW. At least with GW we had a good defense. I wanted Tom Coughlin or Jim Fassel. can anyone say that they'd really rather have MM than either of those two guys?

1.) Gary Kubiak, OC Denver: Anyone see what Denver does on offense with Plummer and 32 year old Mike Anderson? That scheme is the best in the biz. Period.

2.) Charklie Weiss, HC Notre Dame: Again, TD passed on him, couldn't wait a couple of weeks or some such nonsense. Same as Romeo Crennel.

4.) Ron Rivera, DC? Chicago: This guy is getting a lot of ink lately, along with Mike Singletary.

521315[/snapback]

Dude: you are the man. The man. Plain and simple. I'm so glad you reminded me of how "the man" you are. It had slipped my mind for a second, but now I'm focused on the fact again. Wait, you're not just the man. You are a god. G.O.D. You told us "so," (where's the link--I'm dying to relive the moment), and by god, err, yourself, you were right. And for that, at 5-8, I am grateful.

Were you also right about Flutie v. Johnson?

That Todd Collins was a bust?

That Josh Reed would end up having a fair season?

That Lindell would have a pretty good season?

That the O-line would be horrific?

That the D would go from best to worst in one season?

That Pat Williams would be a huge loss?

That Spikes would get hurt?

That Thurman would misplace his helmet?

That Ronnie Harmon can't catch a ball in a critical situation?

That the Bills traded Greg Bell at just the right time?

Just curious. I forgot your positions on those issues, but I'm dying to know. And do you know where I can get a good deal on car insurance?

Umm.

Next season, when he is another year removed from the knee injury, Willis will be better than LT. He is already close to that level.

Anyone notice how Edgerrin (another year removed from his knee injury) has gotten his burst back? The same will happen with Willis. In 2 years, Willis will be the best NFL runningback AND the best fantasy back as MM loves to pound the ball near the goalline.

Remember, Willis is a guy that was up for the Heismann and considered a top 3 pick (by Houston) until his knee went backwards. He DOES have the natural ability to be the best RB in football in 2 years.

"benchbledsoe" has spoken. . . say, that's kinda fun Mr. blackbear!

Mike Williams, by all accounts is just now starting to play well.

I just want a veteran QB aboard [next year], in case JP plays like Eli Manning has. [i.e., crappy]

Just about every great coach in the NFL was a coordinator who got promoted.

Maybe TD just doesn't know what he's doing when he interviews a HC candidate. I see no problems with the coaching of John Fox, Lovie Smith or Marvin Lewis, all promoted coordinators who were available during TD's coaching decisions.

Although it works for some teams, maybe the Bills just will never get it right. All of the Bills decent to good coaches have head coached elsewhere first (Saban, Knox, Levy, and yes even Wade Phillips). However, so did John Rauch.

Usually a coach with prior experience has been fired from his last job, so you're getting a recycled reject. Just imagine if TD had hired Dom Capers, the tone would be Stop Hiring Retreads.

To suggest one way over another is not the answer. The answer lies in the one doing the hiring and at this point, TD's record is unacceptable.

Just about every great coach in the NFL was a coordinator who got promoted. 

Maybe TD just doesn't know what he's doing when he interviews a HC candidate.  I see no problems with the coaching of John Fox, Lovie Smith or Marvin Lewis, all promoted coordinators who were available during TD's coaching decisions.

Although it works for some teams, maybe the Bills just will never get it right.  All of the Bills decent to good coaches have head coached elsewhere first (Saban, Knox, Levy, and yes even Wade Phillips).  However, so did John Rauch.

Usually a coach with prior experience has been fired from his last job, so you're getting a recycled reject.  Just imagine if TD had hired Dom Capers, the tone would be Stop Hiring Retreads. 

To suggest one way over another is not the answer.  The answer lies in the one doing the hiring and at this point, TD's record is unacceptable.

521610[/snapback]

Yes, I agree. If you are going to hire a coordinator, at least get a good one. How MM got the job over Weiss and Crennell still blows my mind.

As a matter of fact, I didn't bother watching the Bills game yesterday, but I did see the score. . . getting closer and closer and closer.

This board is amazing. You clowns deserve a team like this and a coach like this. Educated fans? Please.

521605[/snapback]

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly make yourself look any stupider.

Congrats on taking it to a whole new level.

Cya

521315[/snapback]

No more OC or DC's gimme a head coach, period.

521315[/snapback]

I know, because Fassel is tearing things up as OC down in Baltimore and he has gone two years since being a HC, theres our guy!!

Wilson likes mularkey, hes not going anywhere, TD is. get a better OC and we're good.