Moulds

tron35

I can not understand why the ball was not thrown to one of the best Wide outs in the league Eric Moulds. I think his streak is over now, plus his time with the Bills as well. All I have to say thanks Eric for all your hard work and I real hope you stay in Buffalo. I do hope Mr Wilson give you a new contract, and a new quarterback to throw you the ball.

Think how many QB's he had to deal with since coming into the league?

Not on topic but, thought about it since the topic was Moulds.  Is he the last player that is connected with any player from the Bills SB era?  When he came into the league, Jim kelly was throwing to him.

??

520607[/snapback]

Yes - 100% correct.

He is the only player with any (even tenuous) link to the glory years.

I can not understand why the ball was not thrown to one of the best Wide outs in the league Eric Moulds. I think his streak is over now, plus his time with the Bills as well. All I have to say thanks Eric for all your hard work and I real hope you stay in Buffalo. I do hope Mr Wilson give you a new contract, and a new quarterback to throw you the ball.

520600[/snapback]

Did you miss the 3 touchdown receptions by Evans? HE is the #1 wideout on the Bills, and will be in the future. Getting Moulds the ball more often is (imo) close to last on what I think should be on the Bills priority list.

That said, welcome to TBD/TSW.

Did you miss the 3 touchdown receptions by Evans? HE is the #1 wideout on the Bills, and will be in the future. Getting Moulds the ball more often is (imo) close to last on what I think should be on the Bills priority list.

That said, welcome to TBS/TSW.

520631[/snapback]

And Evans got those 3 TD's with Moulds on the field as a threat, especially after he played pretty well against the previous week; it might be pure speculation but it seemed that the offense struggled from the 2nd quarter on as we juggled recievers with Moulds mostly on the bench. Face it this coaching staff is a joke as offensively they never establish anything and constanly play with personell lineups that don't make sense or make any points!

That said, welcome to TBD/TSW.

520631[/snapback]

And how many catches did Evans have once they rolled coverage his way?

Exactly! Things are a lot different once you're the number one guy! It ain't so easy then now is it. We need Moulds plain and simple. Renegotiate the money and keep him because Evans is NOT a number one receiver. He is a GREAT number 2 though.

520721[/snapback]

How many was he supposed to have with that kind of lead?

Evans gets the football into the endzone. Moulds is old and is a cap drain. This would be bad enough mind you, but this season he has taken to dictating to the coaching staff.

The Bills are 4-8 WITH an aging Moulds. How much worse can it get?

Time to turn the 10.8 million dollar page.

520600[/snapback]

Moulds is a legendary Dolphins killer, so they were doubling him and had a safety over the top on his side whenever he was on the field. I assume he said something unkind to Mularkey about JP not getting him the ball, and Mularkey benched his ass. The QB (again) was not the problem yesterday. If they hand the ball to McGahee three times and then kick a FG from the 2 yd line, they win that game easy. Instead they throw, JP makes a bad decision and forces one. The whole game changed. We were staring at 30-3, with 26-3 as the worst case scenario (we thought.)

It was a coincidence that Evans seemed to disappear with Moulds on the sidelines however. Evans has no idea what NFL double coverage looks like. Remember, we had a 90-catch, 1000-yard receiver in 2002 (Peerless something) who is no longer in the NFL.

Don't keep him at a 10.8M cap hit, but if you can get the cap number around 7M-8M you keep him. He is still a very good player and we will have a lot of trouble with the passing game next year with Evans, Aiken and Parrish as our three wide-outs. Then if Evans has an injury we are toast.

520600[/snapback]

While it sucks that his streak is over, it's not like it really matters. How many times have you heard "well, since Moulds has caught passes in 182321 straight games, the Bills managed to win today."

That said, EM really got the short end of the stick. Think about it, 812 QBs, 91 coaches, and a half of a winning record. If he had Manning et al under center, he'd be hall bound.

Guest BackInDaDay
It was a coincidence that Evans seemed to disappear with Moulds on the sidelines however.  Evans has no idea what NFL double coverage looks like.  Remember, we had a 90-catch, 1000-yard receiver in 2002 (Peerless something) who is no longer in the NFL.

520748[/snapback]

You may be smokin', but you ain't jokin'.

Great point.

520721[/snapback]

As I could not see the game, I have a few questions about how this progressed. It sounds like EM was being double covered early on giving LE the opportunities. Was coverage really rolled to his side later ? If yes, then shouldn't EM have gotten open more often ? If he is indeed the playmaker (sorry NC), he should be able to revel in single coverage. Or was he on the bench when LE started getting double covered ? What am I missing ?

520600[/snapback]

Eric Moulds is nothing short of a Class Act. I hope he hooks up with a team that takes him to the big show, he deserves one shot which he never got in Buffalo.

I can not understand why the ball was not thrown to one of the best Wide outs in the league Eric Moulds.

520600[/snapback]

One of the best wide outs? Your post is dated by five years. Stick a fork in him - he is done. Ever since he had that groin injury a couple of years ago he has not been the same.

I bet you he was on the sideline because he started griping about Evans getting the ball - he is a vestige of failure - he has never been a clutch player and most of his teams were losers. We need to cut him and his mouth and move on (along with donahoe, et al)

We need to seperate this team from the shadow of the "glory years" of the early 90's. This team needs its own identity.

Don't keep him at a 10.8M cap hit, but if you can get the cap number around 7M-8M you keep him.  He is still a very good player and we will have a lot of trouble with the passing game next year with Evans, Aiken and Parrish as our three wide-outs.  Then if Evans has an injury we are toast.

520751[/snapback]

LOL! Keep him at 7 or 8 million?

Try the league minimum, and it would still be robbery.

i didn't read all the posts in this thread, but i think somewhere in the course of the gameplanning, the organization decided that Moulds is not part of their plans after this year. They have two top prospects in Evans and Parrish that they feel it was a priority to get them on the field and give them some game experience with Losman.

This season is for all intents and purposes over. Moulds will be gone and Parrish and Evans are the future. I certainly wish there was a way to give Moulds a nice send off at their last home game.