Missing The Point....Today Was a Good Thing

If the Bills had continued down the path of winning some, losing some, it would not have been as apparent that this present situation just does not work.

What this did was eliminate all doubt that the train is off the track.

That being said, we have some good young talent to build around and can (I think) rebound pretty quickly with the right coaching, management and SOME player adjustments.

The present situation is unrecoverable. The 2006 situation can be saved with adjustments that are, obviously, needed and required.

I feel bad for Ralph. He deserved better from these guys.

If the Bills had continued down the path of winning some, losing some, it would not have been as apparent that this present situation just does not work.

That being said, we have some good young talent to build around and can (I think) rebound pretty quickly with the right coaching, management and SOME player adjustments.

The present situation is unrecoverable. The 2006 situation can be saved with adjustments that are, obviously, needed and required.

519971[/snapback]

You have to be one sick, masochistic dude to call today "a good thing."

JDG

You have to be one sick, masochistic dude to call today "a good thing."

JDG

519995[/snapback]

Why?? this was a great thing.If we would have won we would be prolonging the self-deception by the Bills and some of their fans that this team is going somewhere.better to bottom out--get humiliated---have Ralph feel humiliated--so he willfinally DO something about the failed experiment that was TD.--TD tried--made good business decisions--but terrible football moves...''Goodbye TD--and good luck."

5 years is plenty enough time in this day and age.

Why?? this was a great thing.If we would have won we would be prolonging the self-deception by the Bills and some of their fans that this team is going somewhere.better to bottom out--get humiliated---have Ralph feel humiliated--so he willfinally DO something about the failed experiment that was TD.--TD tried--made good business decisions--but terrible football moves...''Goodbye TD--and good luck."

5 years is plenty enough time in this day and age.

520017[/snapback]

1) Losing to Miami is *never* a good thing

2) The Bills were still alive for the playoffs

3) Blowing a 21-point road lead hardly gives you anything to "build upon" for next year, as you go 0-5 on the road.

JDG

519971[/snapback]

I agree. I've lived in Cincy since 1990, watching those lousy teams 12 years in a row - and always the B'gals organization would gleefully point out some anamoly that pointed to a Bright Future. <_<

Other than Dave Shula, the coaching wasn't really bad - but the Owner/GM sure was.

In '03, the Owner remained as GM in name only, and let the new coach ring the clubhouse with TNT and push the plunger.

519971[/snapback]

Idiot. As any true Bills fan knows, and posers like you don't seem to realize, losing to the Dolphins is never a good thing! <_<

I don't. he hired these morons.

519979[/snapback]

RW hired one person--TD--who was the hottest GM candidate at the time he joined the Bills. All other hires are on TD and the coaching staff.

Sort of like marrying a really hot wife and finding out she comes from a family of imbeciles, unfortunately...

RW hired one person--TD--who was the hottest GM candidate at the time he joined the Bills.  All other hires are on TD and the coaching staff.   

Sort of like marrying a really hot wife and finding out she comes from a family of imbeciles, unfortunately...

520163[/snapback]

Yes, and in this case, it's definitely NOT cheaper to keep'er.

519971[/snapback]

THAT IS THE TRUEST STATEMENT I HAVE HEARD ALL YEAR!! No sense in beating around the bush, we will be 5-11 this year, and have a top ten pick. vets will be gone, maybe even some coaches and GMs? nough said!!

I don't. he hired these morons.

519979[/snapback]

Agree. Ralph Wilson sends guys like Bill Polian and Lou Saban packing because they have strong and sometimes even abrasive personalities. However, they were winners! Sometimes, I wonder if winning is really that important to Mr. Wilson. I used to think winning a Super Bowl was important to him, but I don't think so any longer.

THAT IS THE TRUEST STATEMENT I HAVE HEARD ALL YEAR!!  No sense in beating around the bush, we will be 5-11 this year, and have a top ten pick.  vets will be gone, maybe even some coaches and GMs?  nough said!!

520476[/snapback]

Maybe we can parlay a franchised Clements for another first rounder. We just need to find a GM who hasn't watched any Bills game this season. :(

519971[/snapback]

The game was beneficial in a few ways:

First, it cleared the air about Moulds and Clements. See ya. At least try to get something in return. (like Peerless Price deal rather than Bledsoe deal)

Second, it has exposed MM as an inexperienced head coach who makes many mistakes. Deja vu Gregg Williams. Deja vu Tom Donahoe.

Thirdly, it continues to expose Donahoe as a failure. The team is worse than when he took over 5 years ago.

Fourthly, it continues to expose Ralph Wilson's hiring aptitude. Poor.

And it also exposed the defense again - weak front four, only one real linebacker, and rapidly slowing and aging safeties. And I didn't even mention a weak patchwork offensive line.

The train is off the track. This game shows that clearly.