200 Yards! 200 Yards! 200 Yards!

The_Real

I came to play today, but turns out coach didn't call my number.

Never before have i heard, "**** in the stands wearing the #80 jersey comes on to lead the team to victory, showing that fans have more heart than professional athletes"

I came to play today, but turns out coach didn't call my number. 

Never before have i heard, "**** in the stands wearing the #80 jersey comes on to lead the team to victory, showing that fans have more heart than professional athletes"

519914[/snapback]

hey' they've already made their millions for the year.

Sorry Bills fans, but it's time to admit the fish are actually a better team than this year's Bills.

Oh, and remember 2001? We may finish with nearly the same record.

He made the right decision to throw that pick?  ;)

519435[/snapback]

Reading comprehension problems, I take it?

I said that he made the right decision to throw to Josh Reed. Reed was open on the play. The throw itself was a poor one.

Were you born an idiot or did you just suffer brain atrophy?

JP and Evans were the only two who came to play today.

519901[/snapback]

Agree, I thought the kid played real good especially in the first quarter when the O-Line gave him time to throw. I'm sorry if some don't agree but JP is looking like he'll be a real good QB of the future but it all depends on the offensive line, which only comes to play for 1 period.

Were you born an idiot or did you just suffer brain atrophy?

JP and Evans were the only two who came to play today.

519901[/snapback]

Well, JP came to play but I think he went home midway through the second quarter. We're so happy with his first quarter performance that I think we're overlooking just how ineffectual he was the rest of the game. At the end of the day it was another 50% passing day for 200 and change, which (not counting the TD's) is on average a subpar outing in the NFL.

Well,  JP came to play but I think he went home midway through the second quarter.  We're so happy with his first quarter performance that I think we're overlooking just how ineffectual he was the rest of the game.  At the end of the day it was another 50% passing day for 200 and change,  which (not counting the TD's)  is on average a subpar outing in the NFL.

519935[/snapback]

His numbers are close to those of Eli Manning's last year.

If not better.

He actually made the right decision.  Reed was open.  He made a poor throw.  He wasn't the only one to make a poor play today.

519271[/snapback]

This form billsdaily.com from last week Panther's Grades:

J.P. Losman did some very good things and can learn a lot from the game. Unfortunately with the game on the line his inexperienced showed. He finished with a career high 197 yards on 16 of 29 with a QB rating of 62.0. The downside was missing a wide open Eric Moulds for a potential winning touchdown and then throwing the interception that clinched the loss. He also made a mistake on a third down throw to the end zone for Lee Evans. He had Josh Reed open for a first down underneath but threw the incomplete pass deep

In reference to having Reed open and missing the pass/ timing...maybe Losman doesn't like throwing it to Reed <_< - he'd rathere a pick than a Reed completion :doh:

He actually made the right decision.  Reed was open.  He made a poor throw.  He wasn't the only one to make a poor play today.

519271[/snapback]

For whatever its worth - since I no longer have access to the replay - when I saw it today, Reed looked absolutely blanketed to me.

I heard that JP has called it the worst INT he has ever thrown.

JDG

For whatever its worth - since I no longer have access to the replay - when I saw it today, Reed looked absolutely blanketed to me.

I heard that JP has called it the worst INT he has ever thrown.

JDG

520075[/snapback]

Reed had a step on Madison out of his break. The pass Losman threw was well behind Reed and he had to slow down for it, allowing Madison to catch up. As it turns out, the pass was so far behind Reed that he had little chance for it. Had he led Reed another couple of yards, it likely would have been a TD.

His numbers are close to those of Eli Manning's last year.

If not better.

519943[/snapback]

Meaning... what exactly? Mannings were horrible in comparison to new qb's. Should we be rooting for Losman to suck, on the off chance that he'll develop like Manning? Mannings season has warped our expectations.

Besides, his first year as a starter is looking more like Joey Harrington and Kyle Bollers rookie seasons. Here are the modern young qb's first seasons as starters:

Manning, Giants, 2004, 48.2% 55.4

Harrington, Lions, 2002, 50.1% 59.9

Losman (2nd y), Bills, 2005, 51.4% 65.3

Boller, Ravens, 2003, 51.8% 62.4

Carr, Texans, 2002, 52.5% 62.8

Ramsey (2nd y), Redskins, 2003, 53.1% 75.8

Orton, Bears, 2005, 54.5% 62.3

Leftwich, Jaguars, 2003, 57.2% 73.0

Brees (2nd y), Chargers, 2002, 60.8% 76.9

Palmer (2nd y), Bengals, 2004, 60.9% 77.3

Brady (2nd y), Patriots, 2001, 63.9% 86.5

Roethlisberger, Steelers, 2004, 66.4% 98.1

Pennington (3rd y), Jets, 2002, 68.9% 104.2

I don't know about you, but I'll feel a hell of a lot more confident if JP finishes the season at Pennington's end of the list rather than Mannings.

(Note that I sorted on %. If you sort on the magical qb rating he's closer to the middle, but nowhere near Manning, which was the original point.)

Agree, I thought the kid played real good especially in the first quarter when the O-Line gave him time to throw. I'm sorry if some don't agree but JP is looking like he'll be a real good QB of the future but it all depends on the offensive line, which only comes to play for 1 period.

519931[/snapback]

It looked like JP didn't get very good protection after Preston went in. I think JP could be great in the NFL with a good line (and maybe Terry Glenn streaking down the sideline...?)

Reed had a step on Madison out of his break.  The pass Losman threw was well behind Reed and he had to slow down for it,  allowing Madison to catch up.  As it turns out,  the pass was so far behind Reed that he had little chance for it.  Had he led Reed another couple of yards,  it likely would have been a TD.

520098[/snapback]

It's unfortunate the pass was picked off. It really highlighted for me the difference in JP's play vs. the start of the year. In the first three games, he would have thrown that ball right at the pylon, and very hard, where maybe his reciever could catch it, but certainly no one else would. He's been so much better throwing to his recievers and not overthinking or shying away from the INTs. I think that throw is a growing pain for sure. ..the pendulum swings back, and JP needs to be coached to worry about the INTs, and protecting the ball, in certain situations.

Meaning...  what exactly?  Mannings were horrible in comparison to new qb's.  Should we be rooting for Losman to suck,  on the off chance that he'll develop like Manning?  Mannings season has warped our expectations.

Besides, his first year as a starter is looking more like Joey Harrington and Kyle Bollers rookie seasons.  Here are the modern young qb's first seasons as starters:

Manning,  Giants,  2004,  48.2%  55.4

Harrington,  Lions,  2002,  50.1%  59.9

Losman (2nd y),  Bills,  2005,  51.4%  65.3

Boller,  Ravens,  2003,  51.8%  62.4

Carr,  Texans,  2002,  52.5%  62.8

Ramsey (2nd y),  Redskins,  2003,  53.1%  75.8

Orton,  Bears,  2005,  54.5%  62.3

Leftwich,  Jaguars,  2003,  57.2%  73.0

Brees (2nd y),  Chargers,  2002,  60.8%  76.9

Palmer (2nd y),  Bengals,  2004,  60.9%  77.3

Brady (2nd y),  Patriots,  2001,  63.9%  86.5

Roethlisberger,  Steelers,  2004,  66.4%  98.1

Pennington (3rd y),  Jets,  2002,  68.9% 104.2

I don't know about you,  but I'll feel a hell of a lot more confident if JP finishes the season at Pennington's end of the list rather than Mannings.

(Note that I sorted on %.  If you sort on the magical qb rating he's closer to the middle,  but nowhere near Manning,  which was the original point.)

520120[/snapback]

I'm not going to claim that JP's first four games shouldn't count, they should. However, if you look at JP's games since he's come back from being benched his numbers don't look so bad for a young QB.

58/107 (54%) 726 6td 4int for a QB rating of 78.6

Those numbers aren't world beaters, but given the state of this Oline they're not bad for a guy with half a season's worth of starts under his belt.

I'm not going to claim that JP's first four games shouldn't count, they should.  However, if you look at JP's games since he's come back from being benched his numbers don't look so bad for a young QB.

58/107 (54%) 726 6td 4int for a QB rating of 78.6

Those numbers aren't world beaters, but given the state of this Oline they're not bad for a guy with half a season's worth of starts under his belt.

520140[/snapback]

Re the improvement, I agree. I'm still a bit troubled about the completion percentage.

Re the OL woes, I'm not so inclined to give him any slack. Skimming the list, we see some teams with pretty bad lines at the time. And I would argue that on paper JP has far better weapons - WM, Moulds, & Evans.

One other thing - the list suggests the value of grooming and evaluating on the bench. I don't see any likely busts among those who sat except possibly Ramsey. Not so the other guys (and I didn't include those already down and out like Tim Couch.)

Reed had a step on Madison out of his break.  The pass Losman threw was well behind Reed and he had to slow down for it,  allowing Madison to catch up.  As it turns out,  the pass was so far behind Reed that he had little chance for it.  Had he led Reed another couple of yards,  it likely would have been a TD.

520098[/snapback]

Maybe I'm wrong, but it was my impression that if Losman led Reed any further that Reed would have been out-of-bounds.

JDG