"Clock may be ticking on the Donahoe era"

Tick, tick, tick...

Well, unless they go 5-0 the rest of the way, it looks like TD will be shown the door after this season. Too many "Detroit specific" references to believe this story didn't originate with and/or be blessed by Ralph. The "beat reporter" skid greasing story is a RW staple when front office changes are in the works.

The question now becomes: can Modrak build a better team? I have my doubts, but it looks like the TD-haters will get what they want...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tick, tick, tick...

Well, unless they go 5-0 the rest of the way, it looks like TD will be shown the door after this season.  Too many "Detroit specific" references to believe this story didn't originate with and/or be blessed by Ralph.  The "beat reporter" skid greasing story is a RW staple when front office changes are in the works. 

The question now becomes: can Modrak build a better team?  I have my doubts, but it looks like the TD-haters will get what they want...

518851[/snapback]

I don't know about 5-0, maybe if we finish the season with 3-2, Tom might have another year to get this team near the top of the AFC. Plus this is just pure speculation. I think even a few people in the Buffalo media are starting to get restless with the Bills just myself and some others on TBD.

Detroit sourced story?  Care to enlighten us?

518858[/snapback]

Yep. The dirt Gaughn was dishing today could only come from well-placed folks outside the TD sphere of influence, like Brandon and the finance guys back in Detroit. IMO, they're just messengers for RW's "off the record" rant, and it reminds me of the Jeff Litman saga back when Polian was in his final days here. I think there may have been other "un-named team sources" rumblings before Butler left as well...

I also think the timing of the story is interesting: on the day of a road game, when TD is out of town and we're playing our biggest rival. Humm...

Concerning the Article...I just dont see the logic in canning TD and keeping Modrak...Modrak is TD's Right Hand, and if the problems with the Bills are truly personnel related (which it's pretty obvious they are), how do you blame the #1 and Promote the #2? Makes no sense to me...

Concerning the Article...I just dont see the logic in canning TD and keeping Modrak...Modrak is TD's Right Hand, and if the problems with the Bills are truly personnel related (which it's pretty obvious they are), how do you blame the #1 and Promote the #2? Makes no sense to me...

518914[/snapback]

I think it makes sense but I doubt Modrak would accept the job vacated from his buddy.

Tick, tick, tick...

Well, unless they go 5-0 the rest of the way, it looks like TD will be shown the door after this season.  Too many "Detroit specific" references to believe this story didn't originate with and/or be blessed by Ralph.  The "beat reporter" skid greasing story is a RW staple when front office changes are in the works. 

The question now becomes: can Modrak build a better team?  I have my doubts, but it looks like the TD-haters will get what they want...

518851[/snapback]

This better be true. TD should be fired this afternoon. Anyone disagree now? I think he's out of excuses.

I think today's pathetic choke might just be the last straw. The play-calling was questionable at best and the defense couldn't hold down one of the worst teams in the league with their second-string QB.

Perhaps Mularkey called those plays because he had no faith in the line to block. This was a perfect time to run McGahee and kill the clock and they couldn't perform. So much for a bargain-basement OL.

This better be true. TD should be fired this afternoon. Anyone disagree now? I think he's out of excuses.

519208[/snapback]

ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE DISAGREES. There is no room for debate on that either- I think Evans and Lossman were TD draft picks- TD built the team that took the lead, a fact which you CONVENIENTLY dismiss, but I wont allow you to.

I'm so sick and tired of people who wan tchange for the sake of change- thos epeople should be ignored, and the Bills WILL do.

Donahoe is here to stay, and there ain't a doggone thing you can do about it- and that the way it is.

ANYONE WITH COMMON SENSE DISAGREES. There is no room for debate on that either- I think Evans and Lossman were TD draft picks- TD built the team that took the lead, a fact which you CONVENIENTLY dismiss, but I wont allow you to.

TD also built the team that blew the lead, a fact which you CONVENIENTLY dismiss, but I won't allow you to.

the problem is we fall on d AND o to the same sh1t every damn time.

a blitz in the middle against our O will ALWAYS beat us because we have 4th rate coaches who can't adjust.

our D is easy to figure out, when the blitz they show it, and we never bump WRs even on the goal line.

grey only knows the plays that greggggggg williams taught him.

we really do have some of the worst coaches in the NFL

I'm so sick and tired of people who wan tchange for the sake of change- thos epeople should be ignored, and the Bills WILL do.

Donahoe is here to stay, and there ain't a doggone thing you can do about it- and that the way it is.

519322[/snapback]

Yeah he also brought in studs like Posey, Bannan, Anderson, etc. and the rest of that pathetic defense.

IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE.

You did read the paper today right? There is reason to believe that Donahoe isn't as safe as you may think.

519322[/snapback]

He also built the team that lost this game! He also picked Gregg Williams, Rob Johnson, Mike Williams (4th pick in the draft), Drew Bledsoe....

TD built our wonderful O Line and D Line, I won't allow you to dismiss these facts.

519322[/snapback]

Dream on. The Bills' record under Donahoe stinks in spite of the many draft picks he's made.

Donahoe will be fired because he has consistently failed to upgrade at positions where it has been painfully obvious, such as offensive line. He's also made two head coaching decisions -- the first one was a complete flop, and the second appears headed down the same path.

And if TD even so much as says Merry Christmas to Nate Clements' agent, he should be fired on the spot. Let Nate play out his time and let him go elsewhere.