"Clock may be ticking on the Donahoe era"

Every game they win/lose is ultimately TD's fault.

519414[/snapback]

The problem with that is the GM does not suit up and play. When the Bills were up 21-0, TD was brilliant! The problem is his decisions are black or white - he gets Losman and Evans which should prove to be good, but he lets Pat W go and makes bone head moves like Gregg Williams. There are very few GMs that get to have Pollians type years. And TD did come to Buffalo to clean up the cap problems Butler left us. Ralph gave him an extension and he is only now beginning to have his mark placed on the team. The question is, is there a better GM out there who can do what the team needs to be champs?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is, is there a better GM out there who can do what the team needs to be champs?

519509[/snapback]

Sorry, I don't know how long you've been following the Bills, but that's not how Ralph thinks. TD is toast and if they really stink up the place in the next few games, it will be announced before the season is over....

Defensive coordinator Jerry Gray should be a candidate for several of what may be nine head-coaching openings. Even if he doesn't get one, he could be lured away by one of the new coaches seeking a defensive coordinator.

I don't think anyone watching today's game will be seriously considering Gray for a top job anytime soon.

Sorry, I don't know how long you've been following the Bills, but that's not how Ralph thinks.    TD is toast and if they really stink up the place in the next few games, it will be announced before the season is over....

519527[/snapback]

Agreed. That's why I would not be surprised at all if something happens soon. Soon.

Ever heard of something called the NFL salary cap?

519546[/snapback]

holl crap dude, you took the post right out of my computer.

adam, i was thinking you might have a clue what you were talking about, but as the above poster just showed you, all teams are on the same level as far as affording players.

do you watch football at all, or just post on the fan sites?

Actually, no. I'd like the offensive and defensive lines be better than they are, but the fact is that we dont have the money that Dallas does to buy every good player. We have to build through the draft, and get a supplemental player through free agency.

519508[/snapback]

I don't know how long you've been following the NFL, but they came up with this revolutionary thing called "the salary cap" which actually divies up equal amounts of money to each of the 32 teams to play with.

I don't know how long you've been following the NFL, but they came up with this revolutionary thing called "the salary cap" which actually divies up equal amounts of money to each of the 32 teams to play with.

519581[/snapback]

yeah.

that post really just put adam in the same place as the guy who when you discuss an election result mixes in a "alien CIA ops control the results in iowa" comment.

*steps slowly away from adam, dails 911 on the cell phone*

the problem is we fall on d AND o to the same sh1t every damn time.

a blitz in the middle against our O will ALWAYS beat us because we have 4th rate coaches who can't adjust.

our D is easy to figure out, when the blitz they show it, and we never bump WRs even on the goal line.

grey only knows the plays that greggggggg williams taught him.

we really do have some of the worst coaches in the NFL

519335[/snapback]

We have to keep Bobby April , he is a GOD

Ever heard of something called the NFL salary cap?

519546[/snapback]

As far as I know, not everyone spends to the cap, and some teams know about a little thing called signing bonuses....I might just be confusing it will something else.

The problem with that is the GM does not suit up and play.  When the Bills were up 21-0, TD was brilliant!  The problem is his decisions are black or white - he gets Losman and Evans which should prove to be good, but he lets Pat W go and makes bone head moves like Gregg Williams.  There are very few GMs that get to have Pollians type years.  And TD did come to Buffalo to clean up the cap problems Butler left us.  Ralph gave him an extension and he is only now beginning to have his mark placed on the team.  The question is, is there a better GM out there who can do what the team needs to be champs?

519509[/snapback]

Huhh?

Tick, tick, tick...

Well, unless they go 5-0 the rest of the way, it looks like TD will be shown the door after this season.  Too many "Detroit specific" references to believe this story didn't originate with and/or be blessed by Ralph.  The "beat reporter" skid greasing story is a RW staple when front office changes are in the works. 

The question now becomes: can Modrak build a better team?  I have my doubts, but it looks like the TD-haters will get what they want...

518851[/snapback]

Modrack is the root of the personnel problem.Replacing TD with TM would ge going from the frying pan into the fire.Plase get rid of Tom Modrack

I think it makes sense but I doubt Modrak would accept the job vacated from his buddy.

518932[/snapback]

It makes sense because we have such a low expectation of Ralph that we don't think he would dare re-organize the personnel department. Otherwise, it makes no sense. Modrak and Donahoe are very tight and probably were in agreement on most of TD's bad decisions.

The other thing that's crazy is that Mularkey would survive. He's the one who hasn't been able to circle the wagons. If anything, he's alienated himself from some of his teams best players, meaning the team may well be playing with LESS talent next year than this year.