The Bills look like an expansion team.

Greybeard

The more I watch, the more I consider what has to be done next year, the more I get this feeling. I can't recall a year where I felt they had so many positions to fill. At least not in the last 15 years. On top of that it feels like a lot of the talent is second string. Maybe I still have the early 90's hangover, but that is how it feels.

Of course maybe its just coaching. <_<

The more I watch, the more I consider what has to be done next year, the more I get this feeling.  I can't recall a year where I felt they had so many positions to fill.  At least not in the last 15 years.  On top of that it feels like a lot of the talent is second string.  Maybe I still have the early 90's hangover, but that is how it feels.

518743[/snapback]

Well--we just have to get rid of Moulds,Adams and Clements then we will be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY under the cap--yep lottsa cap room!!!!--then we can pick up a few more gandy's ..

True, in that for expansion teams (especially Cleveland, but especially the Texans), the thing that generally takes the longest time to do is to build the OL.

The expansion drafts and the college drafts are where the GMs first collect skill players. But it takes a while to acquire 5 solid starters.

I think that adequately describes our position, and starting this offseason there needs to be major, serious (read: not signing stopgaps like BA) upgrade there.

The cornerstone may be Peters at RT. CV at RG after recovering from nagging injuries, Preston at C, see if McNally can salvage something from MW with an entire offseason at LG. And Gandy or a draftee at LT. Plus, signing adequate backups. That's a lot to do on a team that also has quite a few other holes.

LET'S GO SABRES LET'S GO!!

In all seriousness, this is the perfect kind of franchise to run on Madden. At the end of the season, you don't renew contracts, dup high ones, and hit the FA market. I would really like to make a run at Lecharles Bentley, Steve Hutchinson, or Reggie Wayne (if we cut Moulds). Draft LT or DT in the first, the other one in the 2nd, then we will have 2 higher 3rds to spend on a Clemts replacement, a Posey replacement, or a Milloy/Vincent replacement.

There you have it. Offseason 06.

I got rid of Teague, Bledsoe, Moulds, Vincent, Pat Williams, traded Sam Adams for Freddah Taylor went Willis went down. Backhanded Rosenjoke. JP, anointed starter with 40 TDs. Kept Jonas Jennings. :lol:

Ummmmm, drafted a couple of behemoths at DT. I even have Schobel and Kelsay, but Kelsay is headed for backup duty and Denney is Toast. Milloy will cost too much, so drafted a good young safety the previous year. Brought in Andre Dyson as a tandem with Clements.

Almost a 3rd straight Super Bowl in sight. :P<_<:lol:

If you clean house to much...we might have the first overall pick in the draft two years in a row. The one good thing about that is you can trade that pick and load

up like the CHARGERS did with Vick and Eli Manning.

The more I watch, the more I consider what has to be done next year, the more I get this feeling.  I can't recall a year where I felt they had so many positions to fill.  At least not in the last 15 years.  On top of that it feels like a lot of the talent is second string.  Maybe I still have the early 90's hangover, but that is how it feels.

518743[/snapback]

No, your first assessment is dead balls 100% accurate to quote Marissa Tomei.

i suppose i am an optimist but i really think with a few upgrades on the lines this offseason we can be a MUCH better team.

losman, mcgahee and evans are a good set of tripplets and our D is 2 or 3 players away from where it was last year (when it was about the best) and we can get back there with 2 or 3 new players added.

i suppose i am an optimist but i really think with a few upgrades on the lines this offseason we can be a MUCH better team.

losman, mcgahee and evans are a good set of tripplets and our D is 2 or 3 players away from where it was last year (when it was about the best) and we can get back there with 2 or 3 new players added.

518826[/snapback]

I agree. First and foremost, with 2 upgrades on the starting offensive line, we might have something. Getting a DT such as Gabe Watson from Michigan to stop the run would be very nice.

518743[/snapback]

I agree, and there was a thread to this effect about a week ago.

I don't recall ever feeling going into an off-season that there were so many question marks at the starting positions: cross-your-finger promotions like Evans and McGee to #1 WR & CB, and Preston to center; age questions like Fletcher and the safety's; and out-right voids like presumably cb and half the offensive and defensive lines.

And this is all before you get to the more routine questions like will JP be good enough, and are our other returning starters good enough...

The nagging concern that we have unusually many holes going into the off-season will be remain regardless of how we do in the game.

518870[/snapback]

Some of us understand that they suck, there are a lot of holes, and a lot of problems. Primarily in management.

Beating Miami doesn't change that. Should that happen.

But this IS a great "Hope Game". "Oh, we beat Miami!!!" (Let them play the game, first)

Superbowl, here we come!

As so many others here, who have been fans since the 60's, I'm flat tired of this shiddt. And that's what it is...shiddt.