After reading Ralph's comments

RVJ

I took that comment, the comment about losing fan support, and the direct silence towards TD as a vote of no confidence.  Who knows though...  TD isn't dumb, ralph isn't dumb, us fans aren't dumb.  Everyone knows that the GM position is up in the air...  I'm all for TD staying as the head businessman for the bills, however (and all parties listed above probably agree), a real GM, who's only job is to evaluate talent is sorely needed.

516199[/snapback]

I read the same way...when he commented on JP amd MM - saying they did the best with the tools they have...it's an indictment of TD...

How old is Wolf? Does anyone have his number? That would be interesting to see him come back.

516636[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure he's 65. Ralph would have to make it pretty interesting for him; I believe he's turned down the Dolphins and a few others in the past few years.

There would also be competition -- I read recently that the Vikes were making overtures towards him for next year, though I wonder if he could really do that to the Packers.

The reporter edited Ralph's full comments, this is what he said in it's entirety:

"They fought hard," Wilson said. "With the material we have and taking everything into consideration, the team played really hard (Sunday). I'm proud of them. The way Kelly was throwing the ball to Dubenion, you just know this team is going to turn around. Cookie had a tough day running the ball that's true, but I know he'll pick it up. Coach Saban will keep fighting and our boys will soon be winning I'm sure of it. Now where are my pants? I sent them to be cleaned after I spilled some pudding on them and haven't seen them since and it's a bit cold and  drafty today."

516230[/snapback]

That was great :doh:

See, I read the "don't want to wait until 2011" comment to mean a quite different assessment of the situation.  To me the comment meant that he didn't want to gut the team all over again with a new regime because it would take too long to rebuild under that new regime.  And as far as the silence goes, when has Ralph ever freely talked about post-season changes, especially when Ralph sees us as "still in the playoff picture?" 

516317[/snapback]

I agree completely. I think he's pissed, and is not buying into TD any longer (see "with the material we have") but knows he's stuck with him for the duration...

:

You think Wellington Mara was happy about his team's performance last year?  I'd wager not.  However, I'm sure that before he passed he was happy seeing that his team was being led in the right direction, Manning having had a year of experience under his belt.

:

516296[/snapback]

One key difference: Wellington Mara already had a superbowl championship at the time. Ralph Wilson's life work is still undone.