RE- Aaron Schobel, Chris Kelsay

DT- Rocky Bernard, Haloti Ngata, Justin Bannan

ROLB- Takeo Spikes, Josh Stamer

MLB- London Fletcher, Mario Haggan

LOLB- Angelo Crowell, Josh Stamer

CB- Will Allen, Terrance Mcgee, Eric King, Kevin Thomas, Jabari Greer

SS- Lawyer Milloy, Greg Blue, Jim Leonhard,

FS- Troy Vincent, Rashad Baker

CUTS- Eric Moulds (saves $$$), Sam Adams ( Mularkey isnt playing him ,and he's pissed), Mike Williams ( saves $$$)

FA SIGNINGS- Travis Minor (solid backup for willis), Peerless Price (might become the peerless of old + he's cheap), Kalimba Edwards ( Solid DE to go along with Schobel), Rocky Bernard (Very Solid DT), Will Allen ( He went to syracuse).

TRADE- Clements to SD for their 1st.

DRAFT

1a. Eric Winston

1b. Haloti Ngata

2. Greg Blue

3. Charles Spencer

4. Mike Degory

5. T.J Williams

6. Rashon Powers Neal

7. Josh Betts

Seems pretty close to the team I would like to see assembled. Here are any changes I would make to the starters.

WR- David Givens for PP

LT- One of many candidates available in the First Round

LG- Gandy

C- LeCharles Bentley

RT Peters

DT Grady Jackson (Assuming we stick with the same defensive philosophy)

Notes- Ngata is the guy I really want at DT in the draft, I would also like to see Allen replace Clements if we trade him or he walks. Ideally I would like to trade him to get back in the first round which you have us doing.

Good Job

QB- JP Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Josh Betts

:

514920[/snapback]

Looks interesting. I agree with the cuts, but two points:

1. I don't see getting a first round pick for Clements. A mid-quality player maybe, but if I were a GM I'd rather have a 1st round CB and pay a rookie's salary.

2. Your OL changes (which I agree with) point out the pressure we'll be under next year: we'll have question marks at both tackles, with only Peters and a prayer to fill them. That means grabbing a free agent LT (most likely journeyman grade) or hoping we can get a quality rookie at our draft position. That all too often results in a reach.

RB- Willis Mcgahee, Travis Minor, Shaud Williams

FB- Daimon Shelton, Rashon Powers Neal

WR- Lee Evans, Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish, Sam Aiken

TE- Kevin Everett, Tim Euhus, T.J Williams

LT- Eric Winston, Greg Jerman

LG- Mike Gandy, Charles Spencer, Bennie Anderson

C- Duke Preston, Justin Geisinger, Mike Degory

RG- Chris Villareal, Justin Geisinger

RT- Jason Peters , Greg Jerman

LE- Kalimba Edwards, Chris Kelsay

CUTS- Eric Moulds (saves $$$), Sam Adams ( Mularkey isnt playing him ,and he's pissed), Mike Williams ( saves $$$)

FA SIGNINGS- Travis Minor (solid backup for willis), Peerless Price (might become the peerless of old + he's cheap), Kalimba Edwards ( Solid DE to go along with Schobel), Rocky Bernard (Very Solid DT), Will Allen ( He went to syracuse).

DRAFT

1a. Eric Winston

1b. Haloti Ngata

2. Greg Blue

3. Charles Spencer

4. Mike Degory

5. T.J Williams

6. Rashon Powers Neal

7. Josh Betts

514920[/snapback]

Why are Jerman and Bennie A. still on this team?

Some thoughts:

1. If we were to trade Nate to San Diego it likely be for a pick around #20 in the draft and don't see Ngata falling that far.

2. Peerless showed in Atlanta he's not a #1 WR, I like Kzoo Mike's choice of David Givens.

3. Kalimba Edwards is more of a Right DE and with the sacks he's piling up he'll likely be out of our price range.

4. I like the choice of Bernard though I rank Ryan Pickett and Damione Lewis as better options.

5. I don't see a need for Travis Minor, Shaud Williams is good enough to back up McGahee.

I agree with filknottle in the need for a journeyman free agent LT to backup Winston.

In general, I'm much more worried about this off-season than I was last year. There are far more out-right holes, and question marks where we hope the player will play up to the promotion. Here's an abbreviated list of the starters:

QB- JP Losman

RB- Willis Mcgahee

FB- Daimon Shelton

WR- Lee Evans, Parrish

TE- Kevin Everett

LT- ???

LG- Mike Gandy

C- Duke Preston

RG- Chris Villareal

RT- Jason Peters

LE- Chris Kelsay

RE- Aaron Schobel

DT- ???, Justin Bannan

ROLB- Takeo Spikes

MLB- London Fletcher

LOLB- Angelo Crowell

CB- ???, Terrance Mcgee

SS- Lawyer Milloy

FS- Troy Vincent

Of the non-italicized, I think there are fair questions about whether Gandy, Kelsey, Crowell and Bannan are the solutions, and serious age risks with Fletcher, Milloy, and Vincent. So out of 22, we have 3 holes, 4 step-ups, 4 iffy's, and 3 old guys. That makes 2/3 of the starters where I'm holding my breath - and I'm not even talking about JP!

For the most part, I like the FA pickups. I definitely like the idea of trading Nate Clements under the franchise player designation and then signing a quality FA to replace him. Edwards and Bernard would be nice FA additions as well. Not a big fan of bringing Peerless Price back, though. If we unload Eric Moulds, we need a WR with some size.

In the draft, I do not like Eric Winston at all. Watching him in the opening game of the season, he struggled badly with speed rush to the outside. Every single time. OK, he's been out with injury, so maybe he just needed some time. Watched him again against Georgia Tech a week or two ago. Eric Henderson did the same thing to him and was beating him to the point that I did not even bother watching that matchup in the 2nd half. I don't think he's a first round pick. In fact, at this point I think he is questionable as a day 1 pick.

I like the rest of the draft well enough, except that you don't have enough picks! The Bills will have one more 3rd round pick from the Henry trade for sure. They will also have at least one pick from the FA loss of Jonas Jennings and Pat Williams (probably one for each). My guess is that they'll get a 3rd for Pat Williams, based upon contract and a probable Pro Bowl selection. Jennings may also net the Bills a third based upon the huge contract he signed, though I suspect it will be a 4th. While playing time is also a factor in the compensation formula, I do not think injury counts against it.

DRAFT

1a. Eric Winston

1b. Haloti Ngata

2. Greg Blue

3. Charles Spencer

4. Mike Degory

5. T.J Williams

6. Rashon Powers Neal

7. Josh Betts

514920[/snapback]

I would like this...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That group might work on EA sports but you ain't beating ANYONE in the real NFL with no physical players in your top 3 wideouts. It'd be a jailbreak from the outside on every running play - no need to bother putting in any running plays outside the tackles.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And yet you guys go forward yet again with a bunch of questions at LB, and no capable backups. Who knows what Spikes will be like, Fletcher is getting to the point where he has trouble shedding blocks, and Crowell well he has made 1 or 2 good plays but otherwise we are playing with 10 men on the field. Stamer is a ST'er only, and Haggen basically proved that he sucked when he let Crowell who is mostly non-existant take his spot.

Better get at least one or two LBers in FA or the draft.

And yet you guys go forward yet again with a bunch of questions at LB, and no capable backups.  Who knows what Spikes will be like, Fletcher is getting to the point where he has trouble shedding blocks, and Crowell well he has made 1 or 2 good plays but otherwise we are playing with 10 men on the field.  Stamer is  a ST'er only, and Haggen basically proved that he sucked when he let Crowell who is mostly non-existant take his spot.   

Better get at least one or two LBers in FA or the draft.

515078[/snapback]

Carolina respected Fletcher enough to send an OLineman at him virtually every running play. No MLB is going to look great when they're catching a guard 40 times a game. Not possible.

Linebackers are literally a dime a dozen in the NFL and decent ones can look REALLY good when you put good tackles in front of them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That group might work on EA sports but you ain't beating ANYONE in the real NFL with no physical players in your top 3 wideouts.  It'd be a jailbreak from the outside on every running play - no need to bother putting in any running plays outside the tackles.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

515075[/snapback]

You're a prick, but that is funny as hell and true.

Prick.

Carolina respected Fletcher enough to send an OLineman at him virtually every running play.  No MLB is going to look great when they're catching a guard 40 times a game.  Not possible.

Linebackers are literally a dime a dozen in the NFL and decent ones can look REALLY good when you put good tackles in front of them.

515080[/snapback]

I agree, however the good ones can shed a block on occassion. And Fletcher did look good, but he doesn't seem to do that every game like he used to. Hence a credible backup to him, as well as a replacement for Posey, with the hope that Spikes comes back in form, otherwise we may need 2 starters.

I agree, however the good ones can shed a block on occassion.  And Fletcher did look good, but he doesn't seem to do that every game like he used to.  Hence a credible backup to him, as well as a replacement for Posey, with the hope that Spikes comes back in form, otherwise we may need 2 starters.

515086[/snapback]

He's wearing down as the season goes on. To be honest, I'm surprised he looks as good as he does with all that he's expected to do and almost no help.

DRAFT

1a. Eric Winston

1b. Haloti Ngata

2. Greg Blue

3. Charles Spencer

4. Mike Degory

5. T.J Williams

6. Rashon Powers Neal

7. Josh Betts

514920[/snapback]

And while you're at it, why not have Jesus Christ himself descend from the sky and take over at offensive coordinator? Never gonna happen. Nice fantasy though.

And while you're at it, why not have Jesus Christ himself descend from the sky and take over at offensive coordinator? Never gonna happen. Nice fantasy though.

515205[/snapback]

If that happens we go 9-7, just like the good old days. Do you think the King of Kings would keep Travis Minor around though?

First and foremost, play to the Bills strengths, and re-sign Nate and therefore your back 7 on defense is fairly sound! Nate Wayne is, IMO, a #1 WR in waiting! He's never going to be that guy in Indy with Harrison around! Sign him to a 5 year deal and WR is set! I wholeheartedly agree with Ngata as the draft pick, but I'd team him with Sam Adams who needs to mend fences with MM! The OLT in waiting,IMO, is Jason Peters, and if I'm the Buffalo braintrust, I LOCK him in the weight room and invite him to stay with Jim McNally in his quest bedroom! A quasi-son/ father relationship! For the third major signing, I tab Steve Hutchinson or LeCharles Bentley. I would STILL dabble with the idea that Mike Williams can play ROT, but he is in desperate need of re-structuring! In the draft, I'd try to get in position to draft the TE from Maryland, Vernon Davis! He will be the end all, beat all in a Bills uniform! To fill in the blanks, re-sign Aiken, Stamer, Haggan, and Crowell and find a place for Angelo in the starting lineup. Do NOT re-sign Bannan, Reed, and Teague! Release Eric Moulds after Wayne comes aboard, and find a suitable backup QB because Matthews shouldn't be re-sign either! Try prying Jon Kitna out of Cincy with a veteran contract offer, if he balks, Josh McCown is a free agent this year. Rohan Davey is bargain basement at this time, so he's VERY AFFORDABLE! he's been bounced around sooo much, he'd probably love a change of venue. I guess my final roster would look something like this:

QB: J.P. Losman, Kelly Holcomb, Davey

RB: McGahee, Williams, Gates

FB: Shelton, (Draft, 5th round)

WR: Nate Wayne, Evans, Parrish, Aiken, (Draft pick, 4th round)

OT: Peters, Williams, Gandy (OG), (Draft pick, 3rd round)

OG: Preston, Geisinger, Laurence Smith, Villarrial

C: LeCharles Bentley, Preston, (Draft pick, comp 4th round)

TE: Vernon Davis (2nd rounder), Euhus, Campbell

DE: Schobel, Kelsay, Denney,Ritzmann

DT: Adams, Ngata (1st rounder), Edwards, Anderson

OLB: Spikes, Crowell, Stamer, Haggan

ILB: Fletcher, Ezekiel, (Draft pick, 3rd round)

SS: Milloy, Wire, (draft pick, comp 3rd round)

FS: Baker, Leonard

CB: McGee, Clements, King, Greer, Thomas

P: Moorman

PK: Ryan Longwell (final offseason acquisition!)

I think what has people really beefed about this season, and is perfectly evidenced in this thread is that everywhere we had a question mark coming into the season, we have a bigger question mark now. LT, LG, DT, Depth at Corner (and now maybe a starter at Corner), etc.