Cindy Sheehan Book Signing

/dev/null

Uh-huh.  Because everyone else gets an audience with the President on demand.  Sheehan's being singled out because of her activism.

Uh-huh.  Because it's the man, not the office, responsible for everyone getting an audience with the President except for Sheehan.  Clinton, as I recall, had an open-door policy...  :doh:

516091[/snapback]

Only if you were good looking, which Sheehan is DEFINITELY not.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if you were good looking, which Sheehan is DEFINITELY not.

516377[/snapback]

I heard this from a college student the other day. It is called the

Johnny Depp test. It works like this: If as a heterosexual male you are asked if

you would sleep with Sheehan or Johnny Depp and you consider the question for more than a second, then Sheehan is officially ugly.

I learn so much from college students.

If you decide to waste 10 minutes of your life reading Joe's entire body of work, you'll figure out that he's the ultimate Dummycrap parrot and ain't worth a millisecond of time.

516023[/snapback]

This coming from someone who thinks "debate" stands for something to catch fish with.  :doh:

516027[/snapback]

All right - personal attacks! ;)

Give it another another hour, and I'm sure you'll bring each other's mother into it. :D

Nice way to talk about a dead soldier's mother.  Very classy.  But not unexpected from the group that attacks the messager because they can't debate the message.

516480[/snapback]

There are plenty of places where political correctness exists. A football internet message board would typically not qualify as one of those places. If you have a problem with someone saying a chick is a little busted in the helmet, you are in the wrong place.

Furthermore, Sheehan is more than a dead soldier's mother now. She had an opportunity to mourn, voice her displeasure, raise awareness, and perhaps even create change. Instead, she vaulted herself and her "demands" for a meeting with the President into a circus arena, the publicity of which lost her more supporters than it gained her. She made herself more important than her message, and it turned people off. Now she is not a dead soldier's mother, she is an unattractive author.

Nice way to talk about a dead soldier's mother.  Very classy.  But not unexpected from the group that attacks the messager because they can't debate the message.

516480[/snapback]

What, a dead soldier's mom can't be ugly?

Wacka's post was stupid (not like that's anything of a surprise)...but we can't call someone ugly who's ugly, because of something completely unrelated to their looks?

Well, there was the "pull the troops out of occupied New Orleans" message.  Perhaps we should debate that?  :doh:

516615[/snapback]

...or the "It is all the fault of the Jews" stuff from her. Oh...wait...we are not allowed to criticize public figures if they are criticizing Bush. Nevermind.

...or the "It is all the fault of the Jews" stuff from her. Oh...wait...we are not allowed to criticize public figures if they are criticizing Bush. Nevermind.

516635[/snapback]

Agreed.

Once you try to co-opt the media, and use it as a vehicle for your message,

it doesn't matter if your son was the Congressional Medal of Honor winner and Pope at the same time, you have crossed the threshold from private to public.

And it is open season on you. It was her choice to take that step.

To be critical of her, is not "disparaging a grieving mom," she was the one that tried to parlay her grief into a public message.

But come on now, as a target, she's just too damn easy, isn't she? :doh:

But come on now, as a target, she's just too damn easy, isn't she? :doh:

516643[/snapback]

At this point, yes. Her original message (stop the war, the war is wrong, etc) has been lost due to the idiotic rhetoric coming out of her mouth. Her original message was fine. Now she is a joke.

Her original message was fine.

516700[/snapback]

Actually, I disagree. As far as I could tell, her original message was "The war is bad and Bush is a criminal because my son's dead." While she has my sympathies as a grieving mother, I would not label her message of "Foreign policy should be dictated by my grief" as "fine".

516480[/snapback]

Are you sure he is dead? Have you seen the body? Maybe his mom is such a B word he can't stand to be around her, just like the rest of her family. He made up this big scheme to get her the hell out of his life. :D

Are you sure he is dead?  Have you seen the body?  Maybe his mom is such a B word he can't stand to be around her, just like the rest of her family.  He made up this big scheme to get her the hell out of his life.  :D

516957[/snapback]

:lol: You're a bad man, VA! :D

Actually, I disagree.  As far as I could tell, her original message was "The war is bad and Bush is a criminal because my son's dead."  While she has my sympathies as a grieving mother, I would not label her message of "Foreign policy should be dictated by my grief" as "fine".

516827[/snapback]

She was fine with the "War is Bad" stuff. She crossed the line with the "Bush is a criminal" stuff and it was all downhill from there.