Got back from the game:

First off, tough loss. It's never been more clear this team needs HELP on the lines. No push on either side. The offensive tackles actually performed OK, obviously not good enough, but the inside just sucks. Put Duke Preston in now. Teague isn't doing JP any good when he's stepping on his ankles by the third step of a drop. A FA guard, maybe 2, is a need. Sadly, MW isn't it, Bennie Anderson is only slightly better than awful, and Villarial is not looking that much better (and 2 of those 3 are injured).

Penalties, Jesus. I don't know what else needs to be said about how much those killed us today.

Still impressed with JP. He made his mistakes, but I think he's taking steps in the right direction (note to OBD: how's about more no-huddle? they kicked ass running it, so why not run it in the last minutes of the game when you need a TD?) I think we're going to see some exciting dogfights like that Seattle-Giants game next year. And I'm an EM critic, but he helped out a lot in this game.

This is just an aside, but I think it's worth noting. I flew in from Brooklyn to see this game with my dad, a special occasion. We had a blast despite the loss, tailgated, enjoyed our seats and generally were surrounded by some great fans. However, there are MANY who are out of control, who can't enjoy the game without getting wasted, acting supremely obnoxious, and passing out. This just sucks, and it really is a shame that civility seems to be dying a slow death at Bills games. I say this because at the end of the game my dad picked up his seat cushion and saw that someone had thrown up behind him. It got on his cushion, his jacket, his pants. Really freaking disgusting. The kid had been passed out since beginning of the second half. It definitely put a damper on what had been a great time for us, tough loss and all. I accosted the guy before he could leave and told him I didn't want to start anything, just that he had to apologize to my dad. He gave about the lamest of apologies I've ever heard, but hopefully at some point he'll stop and consider his actions, and maybe he won't need to have so many at the next game...

I just want to say, I enjoy a drink or two at the game/tailgating, but you can enjoy yourself (and others can enjoy you) more if you're not blasted, making a drunken fool of yourself, and making life miserable for your neighbors. Get loud when the defense is out there, cheer on your team, and be good to each other, that's not too much to ask, is it? Just had to vent about this one.

Otherwise, fun game, team needs to get better, tough loss, but we've got hope.

Cheers,

J.

First off, tough loss.  It's never been more clear this team needs HELP on the lines.  No push on either side.  The offensive tackles actually performed OK, obviously not good enough, but the inside just sucks.  Put Duke Preston in now.  Teague isn't doing JP any good when he's stepping on his ankles by the third step of a drop.  A FA guard, maybe 2, is a need.  Sadly, MW isn't it, Bennie Anderson is only slightly better than awful, and Villarial is not looking that much better (and 2 of those 3 are injured).

Penalties, Jesus.  I don't know what else needs to be said about how much those killed us today.

Still impressed with JP.  He made his mistakes, but I think he's taking steps in the right direction (note to OBD: how's about more no-huddle?  they kicked ass running it, so why not run it in the last minutes of the game when you need a TD?)  I think we're going to see some exciting dogfights like that Seattle-Giants game next year.  And I'm an EM critic, but he helped out a lot in this game.

This is just an aside, but I think it's worth noting.  I flew in from Brooklyn to see this game with my dad, a special occasion.  We had a blast despite the loss, tailgated, enjoyed our seats and generally were surrounded by some great fans.  However, there are MANY who are out of control, who can't enjoy the game without getting wasted, acting supremely obnoxious, and passing out.  This just sucks, and it really is a shame that civility seems to be dying a slow death at Bills games.  I say this because at the end of the game my dad picked up his seat cushion and saw that someone had thrown up behind him.  It got on his cushion, his jacket, his pants.  Really freaking disgusting.  The kid had been passed out since beginning of the second half.  It definitely put a damper on what had been a great time for us, tough loss and all.  I accosted the guy before he could leave and told him I didn't want to start anything, just that he had to apologize to my dad.  He gave about the lamest of apologies I've ever heard, but hopefully at some point he'll stop and consider his actions, and maybe he won't need to have so many at the next game...

I just want to say, I enjoy a drink or two at the game/tailgating, but you can enjoy yourself (and others can enjoy you) more if you're not blasted, making a drunken fool of yourself, and making life miserable for your neighbors.  Get loud when the defense is out there, cheer on your team, and be good to each other, that's not too much to ask, is it?  Just had to vent about this one.

Cheers,

J.

513925[/snapback]

I am back in the Boston area after driving there with my 16 year old daughter and saw the same thing! really sad that we had to be exposed to constant drunken swearing and so forth! I simply cannot relate to a "chunk" of Bills fans!

I have never understood why someone would spend money on a ticket to a football game and then get so wasted they pass out or worse- like get sick and ruin someone else's good time. All these idiots do is spend 1/3 of the game in line for beer and another 1/3 in line for the bathroom and the other 1/3 yelling obscenties, acting like an ass and pissing people off. It's a small number of younger kids who just don't know any better and the Bills do nothing to stop it because they need to sell tickets. What's even worse is that alot of these idiots get in their car and drive home after the game.

It would make more sense to me, if my intention was to do nothing but get wasted, to spend the ticket money on beer and watch the game at home on TV.

I am back in the Boston area after driving there with my 16 year old daughter and saw the same thing! really sad that we had to be exposed to constant drunken swearing and so forth! I simply cannot relate to a "chunk" of Bills fans!

514107[/snapback]

All of what RTDB says about obnoxious fans, but please don't pretend that Bills fans are somehow

far and away worse than other NFL fans. I have been to games in a number of NFL cities (about 12 I think) and have witnessed the same thing. Philly, Jets/Giant and Patriot fans are no choir boys either...I will say there have been times when I wished I would have just stayed home to watch!

First off, tough loss.  It's never been more clear this team needs HELP on the lines.  No push on either side.  The offensive tackles actually performed OK, obviously not good enough, but the inside just sucks.  Put Duke Preston in now.  Teague isn't doing JP any good when he's stepping on his ankles by the third step of a drop.  A FA guard, maybe 2, is a need.  Sadly, MW isn't it, Bennie Anderson is only slightly better than awful, and Villarial is not looking that much better (and 2 of those 3 are injured).

Penalties, Jesus.  I don't know what else needs to be said about how much those killed us today.

Still impressed with JP.  He made his mistakes, but I think he's taking steps in the right direction (note to OBD: how's about more no-huddle?  they kicked ass running it, so why not run it in the last minutes of the game when you need a TD?)  I think we're going to see some exciting dogfights like that Seattle-Giants game next year.  And I'm an EM critic, but he helped out a lot in this game.

This is just an aside, but I think it's worth noting.  I flew in from Brooklyn to see this game with my dad, a special occasion.  We had a blast despite the loss, tailgated, enjoyed our seats and generally were surrounded by some great fans.  However, there are MANY who are out of control, who can't enjoy the game without getting wasted, acting supremely obnoxious, and passing out.  This just sucks, and it really is a shame that civility seems to be dying a slow death at Bills games.  I say this because at the end of the game my dad picked up his seat cushion and saw that someone had thrown up behind him.  It got on his cushion, his jacket, his pants.  Really freaking disgusting.  The kid had been passed out since beginning of the second half.  It definitely put a damper on what had been a great time for us, tough loss and all.  I accosted the guy before he could leave and told him I didn't want to start anything, just that he had to apologize to my dad.  He gave about the lamest of apologies I've ever heard, but hopefully at some point he'll stop and consider his actions, and maybe he won't need to have so many at the next game...

I just want to say, I enjoy a drink or two at the game/tailgating, but you can enjoy yourself (and others can enjoy you) more if you're not blasted, making a drunken fool of yourself, and making life miserable for your neighbors.  Get loud when the defense is out there, cheer on your team, and be good to each other, that's not too much to ask, is it?  Just had to vent about this one.

Cheers,

J.

513925[/snapback]

Good report. The part that you mentioned about Eric Moulds is good for everyone to read. There is no reason in cutting him at the end of the season. He's still a productive wide out that has a couple of very good years left in his tank. If we want to look at our strengths, wide receiver might be a position that were in good shape with. Moulds, Evans, Parrish and eventually a healthy Everett is an effective group.

All of what RTDB says about obnoxious fans, but please don't pretend that Bills fans are somehow

far and away worse than other NFL fans.  I have been to games in a number of NFL cities (about 12 I think) and have witnessed the same thing.  Philly, Jets/Giant and Patriot fans are no choir boys either...I will say there have been times when I wished I would have just stayed home to watch!

514115[/snapback]

Maybe not! My guess is that this "cuts" across all cities, however, it's the only place where I have seen a pro football game and, perhaps because am biased, I just felt like I was out of my "element"! I'm a Drew fan and this is how it started! I have always been content with watching from living room! Now, I am a "gym going guy" and guys in hunting clothes don't scare me, necessarily, but I "am not me" when with my daughter!

Having said that..I doubt that the % is the same everywhere!

Most of the folks were fine!

Maybe not! My guess is that this "cuts" across all cities, however, it's the only place where I have seen a pro football game and, perhaps because  am biased, I just felt like I was out of my "element"! I'm a Drew fan and this is how it started! I have always been content with watching from living room! Now, I am a "gym going guy" and guys in hunting clothes don't scare me, necessarily, but I "am not me" when with my daughter!

Having said that..I doubt that the % is the same everywhere!

Most of the folks were fine!

514117[/snapback]

Yeah, I know what you mean....I took my two young nephews to a Bills/Chargers game, in Buffalo, a few years back...we sat in the upper deck, lots of fights, crude behavior. Needless to say, they had a blast, but I was kind of embarassed. I guess it is the norm, but when you are with kids, you realize how bad it really is. When I was growing up, my dad and older brother used to go to games at the Rockpile. I was never allowed to go, because it was "too rough" for kids. Ironically, the first game I ever went to was a pre-season game against the Redskins, the first ever played at Rich Stadium. The tailgaiting thing wasn't quite the spectacle it has become. As the 70's wore on, things got rougher at Rich...

This is just an aside, but I think it's worth noting. I flew in from Brooklyn to see this game with my dad, a special occasion. We had a blast despite the loss, tailgated, enjoyed our seats and generally were surrounded by some great fans. However, there are MANY who are out of control, who can't enjoy the game without getting wasted, acting supremely obnoxious, and passing out. This just sucks, and it really is a shame that civility seems to be dying a slow death at Bills games. I say this because at the end of the game my dad picked up his seat cushion and saw that someone had thrown up behind him. It got on his cushion, his jacket, his pants. Really freaking disgusting. The kid had been passed out since beginning of the second half. It definitely put a damper on what had been a great time for us, tough loss and all. I accosted the guy before he could leave and told him I didn't want to start anything, just that he had to apologize to my dad. He gave about the lamest of apologies I've ever heard, but hopefully at some point he'll stop and consider his actions, and maybe he won't need to have so many at the next game...

I

513925[/snapback]

I blelieve this is what the Dragon was warning us about...

513925[/snapback]

No offence, but I don't think you have any idea on how to grade a line. Every offensive linemen gets beat, see Walter Jones yesterday.

At least 5 or 6 times, there was a very nice pocket created, with lots of time for JP, only to have him jump around and run out of the pocket for no apparant reason. This line played well yesterday against the top D-line in football.

No offence, but I don't think you have any idea on how to grade a line.  Every offensive linemen gets beat, see Walter Jones yesterday.

At least 5 or 6 times, there was a very nice pocket created, with lots of time for JP, only to have him jump around and run out of the pocket for no apparant reason.  This line played well yesterday against the top D-line in football.

514190[/snapback]

Ridiculous.

I saw a good pocket maybe twice yesterday. And both times JP completed big passes.

Get a clue.

far and away worse than other NFL fans.  I have been to games in a number of NFL cities (about 12 I think) and have witnessed the same thing.  Philly, Jets/Giant and Patriot fans are no choir boys either...I will say there have been times when I wished I would have just stayed home to watch!

514115[/snapback]

Those you mentioned have the reputation of being the worst. I've been to about eight, but when I went to Green Bay for the Bills game in 02, one fan gave me gloves and another a scarf because they saw I didn't have my own.

I have never understood why someone would spend money on a ticket to a football game and then get so wasted they pass out or worse- like get sick and ruin someone else's good time. All these idiots do is spend 1/3 of the game in line for beer and another 1/3 in line for the bathroom and the other 1/3 yelling obscenties, acting like an ass and pissing people off.                                            It's a small number of younger kids who just don't know any better and the Bills do nothing to stop it because they need to sell tickets.

514108[/snapback]

It's not only younger kids. I had a problem with a 40-50ish women who swore every play. She was also drunk every game. I contacted the Bills who ended up moving her seats up a couple of rows. They warned her, the next seat will be out side the stadium. She did calmed down some. But she does have her moments like when she blew lunch all over the the people in front of her late last year.

This is just an aside, but I think it's worth noting.  I flew in from Brooklyn to see this game with my dad, a special occasion.  We had a blast despite the loss, tailgated, enjoyed our seats and generally were surrounded by some great fans.  However, there are MANY who are out of control, who can't enjoy the game without getting wasted, acting supremely obnoxious, and passing out.  This just sucks, and it really is a shame that civility seems to be dying a slow death at Bills games. 

513925[/snapback]

But these are the type of people the NFL is after...17-24 year olds, still living with mommy and daddy and with plenty of disposable $$$. Seen a Coors Light ad recently? That video game LT is hawking?

The louts are showing up in greater numbers in more and more stadiums, not just RWS. The Washington Post had an article last week on the growing number of drunks and fights at FedEx Field, of all places.

Guest BackInDaDay

If you're a fan of the game, you're better off attending a local HS game between two rivals. No alchohol in the crowd and no tolerance for poor sportsmanship on the field lets the game-play get all the attention.

Youth football is also a fine watch, but the kids are more limited in what they can do. By HS, you can see some very good football - especially between rivals like most Thanksgiving Day games.

The NFL is becoming a 'look at me' league, where player's agents encourage childish self-promotion in hopes of monetary gain. Tolerance of juvenile 'making the hi-lite reel' behaviour on the field seems to be having an negative effect on some fans who attend. Some feel the need to have a more active role in what's taking place. Watching and rooting isn't enough for them. Armed with a half gallon of beer on the brain, a strong desire to emulate their on-field heros, and a chip the size of a 4 x 4 on their shoulders, these nit-wits have to inject themselves into the day.

Buffoons on the field = buffoons in the stands. The game itself is lost on this bunch. Players and fans, alike.

No offence, but I don't think you have any idea on how to grade a line.  Every offensive linemen gets beat, see Walter Jones yesterday.

At least 5 or 6 times, there was a very nice pocket created, with lots of time for JP, only to have him jump around and run out of the pocket for no apparant reason.  This line played well yesterday against the top D-line in football.

514190[/snapback]

And Losman is a first-year starter trying to pick his targets against what is also one of the more capable secondaries in football. At least I understand why he might make a few mistakes.

I know what I saw, that's all I can give you. Peters handled his job, and dare I say it but Gandy even did OK, though JP had a quick enough release to avoid being mauled by Gandy's man more than once.

The inside sucked. Ask Willis since he can't earn a freaking dime running to the inside. All those yards are on his effort. Teague did not look good and Anderson continues to be a liability. Fat, slow Bennie only looked better because Mike Williams is a disaster as midseason replacement guard (not that I feel it's fair to judge him -- he's being put into a bad situation with on-the-fly training and he's injured, to boot). Would have been better to start that process in June, not November. Good guards and a talented center will make our average / improving tackles better, and get us running the ball the way we should be as a cold-weather, hard-nosed team. This current lot is soft.

Sorry you saw it differently, "no offense" but I think a lot more people here would agree with my assessment than yours.

Ridiculous.

I saw a good pocket maybe twice yesterday. And both times JP completed big passes.

Get a clue.

514191[/snapback]

Try watching the game with your eyes open.

I believe the 2nd drive was a great example. Watch JP get jumpy and not plant at all on 2nd and 3rd down (and actually run back and forth a couple times), when there is a perfect pocket and no pressure. Those sacks/tackles were all on him.

Try being civil instead of acting like a freaking knowitall.

JP also executed the no-huddle with precision, but that doesn't fit into your little "it's all JP's fault" screed.

514368[/snapback]

Is being civil telling me to get a clue?

JP did some things well yesterday, but everyone here putting all the praise on him and all the criticism on the O-line all the time is wrong.

Those you mentioned have the reputation of being the worst.  I've been to about eight, but when I went to Green Bay for the Bills game in 02, one fan gave me gloves and another a scarf because they saw I didn't have my own.

514193[/snapback]

Funny, I was going to write that maybe it was an east-coast phenomenon, but I have never been to a pro game in the mid-west...I have heard that Chiefs fans were very classy too...

t

Cheers,

J.

513925[/snapback]

The Bills are an embarrassment, and so are their fans. It is because of experiences such as this that I avoid the attending the games. I used to be a season ticket holder from the late 80's to mid 90's, however the behavior of the "fans" became intolerable. It is truly a disgraceful situation.

Is being civil telling me to get a clue?

JP did some things well yesterday, but everyone here putting all the praise on him and all the criticism on the O-line all the time is wrong.

514376[/snapback]

JSP told you to get a clue, I'd advise you get a clue on your reading comprehension, though.