What the heck is a "Holiday Tree"?

SilverNRed

Lowe's in Austin, TX

Holiday Tree -- is it anything like a Christmas tree? And what the hell holiday is it for?

Also, the word "Tree" offends me because I wasn't raised to like trees all that much. I'd prefer something a little less descriptive like "Plant" or better yet "Object". "Holiday Object" sounds about right. :blink:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lowe's in Austin, TX

Holiday Tree -- is it anything like a Christmas tree?  And what the hell holiday is it for?

Also, the word "Tree" offends me because I wasn't raised to like trees all that much.  I'd prefer something a little less descriptive like "Plant" or better yet "Object".  "Holiday Object" sounds about right.  :blink:

512980[/snapback]

Read the whole sign:

They are Arborles de Navidad !

Read the whole sign:

They are Arborles de Navidad !

512981[/snapback]

Oh Arborles de Navidad, Oh Arborles de Navidad!

How are thy so correct politically!

Not only in the summertime,

But also in network primetime!

Much tolerance doth thou bring to me!

Thy candles shine out diversity!

Lowe's in Austin, TX

Holiday Tree -- is it anything like a Christmas tree?  And what the hell holiday is it for?

Also, the word "Tree" offends me because I wasn't raised to like trees all that much.  I'd prefer something a little less descriptive like "Plant" or better yet "Object".  "Holiday Object" sounds about right.  :blink:

512980[/snapback]

they call it a "holiday tree" so that Mickey's friend or co-worker or whatever from the Sudan knows that he has a paid holdiay. at least i think that is what he said last week.

How the Secular Humanist Grinch Didn't Steal Christmas | The "War on Christmas" is great for rallying the troops. Too bad the war doesn't exist.

And imagine companies saving time, money and effort by using generic terms while putting up decorations so they don't need to change them 5 times in a month and a half. Capitalist bastards!! :blink:

How the Secular Humanist Grinch Didn't Steal Christmas | The "War on Christmas" is great for rallying the troops. Too bad the war doesn't exist.

And imagine companies saving time, money and effort by using generic terms while putting up decorations so they don't need to change them 5 times in a month and a half. Capitalist bastards!! :blink:

513085[/snapback]

That doesn't explain what the hell a "holiday tree" is. :doh:

That doesn't explain what the hell a "holiday tree" is.  :lol:

513098[/snapback]

I think GG summed it up best. Wasn't it a pagan thingy? Every year this topic gets started with a new twist.

Anything you want it to be? (the tree that is)

Keep it up all year and change the ornament theme!

0:)

Schusssss... Don't tell my wife because I might get one parked in my living room year round!

:blink::doh:

That doesn't explain what the hell a "holiday tree" is.  :doh:

513098[/snapback]

It is a traditional manner of celebrating the winter solstice practiced by the Druidic-leaning tribes in Central Europe starting around 500 BC.

Personally, I find it grossly offensive, celebrating a Christian holiday with an exclusively pagan ritual... :blink:

:lol:

It is a traditional manner of celebrating the winter solstice practiced by the Druidic-leaning tribes in Central Europe starting around 500 BC.

Personally, I find it grossly offensive, celebrating a Christian holiday with an exclusively pagan ritual...  :blink:

:doh:

513165[/snapback]

I totally agree, I went to the McKinley Mall yesterday to start a stampede, but only ended up tipping a few people over. 0:)

I always miss the fun. :lol:

Personally, I find it grossly offensive, celebrating a Christian holiday with an exclusively pagan ritual...  :blink:

:doh:

513165[/snapback]

Hey. Quit knocking my thing. I may be a "reformed" Druid, but that doesn't mean I can't dance naked in the evergreen section at Lowes.

Hey. Quit knocking my thing. I may be a "reformed" Druid, but that doesn't mean I can't dance naked in the evergreen section at Lowes.

513351[/snapback]

People shouldn't infringe on our religious rights. I am old school Druid and

after mescaline and three or four peyote buttons the holiday trees usually dance naked with me.

513165[/snapback]

So if I buy one, can I use it as a Christmas tree?

Also, why are they selling them now? Are the Druids making a comeback?

:blink:

Shhh...they're singing..............

Old Carpenter's songs?

WTF???

513376[/snapback]

Not the Christmas album????

That would make you an apostate.

I'll say a prayer for you......

Oh Earth Goddess, wrap this man in your ample bossom.....