With a good off-season....

Kipers Hair

I know I have been one of the largest critics of this organization on this site - but a serious question. Realistically sepeaking, if this team mxanimizes draft choices and free agency dollars, how much better do you think theey can get? Realistically, I think they have to hit the jackpot on the following:

- Getting 3 starting offenseive line-men...not probowlers, but quality starts.

- Getting an All Pro type defensive tackle. Sam is done and we do not have one even close to contribute at the level needed. Need to spend a good bucmk here.

- Getting a good possession receiver - Mould and reed should be gone - leaving us with two burners and Sam Aiken - who has the right body to be the possession guy, but is not consistent enough to make an impact.

- Kevin Everrett can play

- We find a cost effective replacement for Clements

- We manage to prevent mcgahee from holding out

- losman follows in the steps of Eli Manning or Carson Palmer

- We find a new D-Coordinator that can maximize the tools, (in all liklihood Grey is gone)

If they achieve these things...maybe 10 wins?

Yeah, my dream offseason is this...

Don't resign any of our soon to be FA's because they all sucks or are not worth the money. Maybe keep Teague if he's cheap.

Bring in two good DT's, one of them pro-bowl caliber (Grady Jackson?)

Finally get that OL together, find an LG and C (Preston?).

Get one good DE to play opposite Schobel

Replace Vincent.

Draft another CB, who might eventually start

Draft an OT to push Peters and Gandy

Draft backup DT who might eventually start to push our new FA DT's

Draft a backup QB (6th round) to push JP

Draft a future star at SS

.. do that and I'm a very happy fan. None of it is unrealistic either.

edit: and oh yeah... cut friggin coy wire.

Release the following players though:

Moulds(Cap number is too high, he'll be released)

Mike Williams

Josh Reed

Lawyer Milloy

aaak moulds, no!!! you people are insane. evans without moulds is useless.

i thought about milloy, but he's not bad, and it certainly wouldn't be worth the cap hit to cut him. he's still a good safety.

definately cut reed. cut him right now in fact.

i dunno about that whole MW cap hit thing, i don't even want to go near there since I don't know enough about his contract.

Look at Moulds's cap number.

Hes way to expensive, he'll be cut.

510295[/snapback]

To spend on what? Its not like we are in cap hell right now. If we just got an extra 8 mill added to the cap, what, my good friend would you spend it on? I just don't think there are that many good FA's on the market. Certainly none that would be of more worth to us than Moulds.

I am glad you are not the GM.

Should the Colts cut Peyton? He is a huge hit againsts their salary cap.

You renegotiate Williams contract...and then trade him. This is the biggest money problem right here.

Try to renegotiate Moulds. I don't see a viable no 2 if Evans vecomes our number 1.

I hope Everett turns into a good TE. I am so sick of our scab tight ends besides Euhus and Campbell.

Personally, I like Milloy...and I don't mind Vincent. But drafting a SS in the 3rd doesn't sound like a bad idea...as long as we're not converting a linebacker from stanford who is really "smart."

I also think a big body DT in FA woiuld help. Doesn't have to be a probowler, just someone who isn't pushed around. I still think Edwards makes a good 3rd down DT. He's more of a pass rusher than a run-stopper.

1st round DT

2nd round LT

3rd round SS

If possible, also address the o-line in FA too. Hopefully Peters develops. Seems like a talented kid.

and his real numbers too....

5 catches for 30 yards doesn't cut it....

510333[/snapback]

Not sure Moulds gets cut. It would mean an admission that TD overpaid to keep Moulds. A restructure might happen, but most likely nothing will happen and he will play out his contract.

Why would he renegoiate with contractually obligated big bucks? ;)

510324[/snapback]

Because you threaten to cut him. And because you plant the little idea is his head that you'll put the word out on the street that he's horrible (in essence, you've already done that by pulling him and starting Peters). Tehn with the fear of God in him, you renegotiate to a much better deal and see what kind of a draft pick you can get. have you ever negotiated anything before? :)

Why would he renegoiate with contractually obligated big bucks? ;)

510324[/snapback]

he's got a good plan.

:)

Give Fat Mike a new signing bonus and then immediately recognize the cap hit for the deferred portion upon the trade due to the acceleration rule.

If we work on nothing but the OL and DL in the Draft and Free Agency, I'd be happy. Thats where we're really hurting. If lines play better everyone else will look better, the QB, RB, WR on offense and the LB's and DB's on defense. Then after next season work on replacing guys like Moulds, Fletcher, et. al.

To spend on what? Its not like we are in cap hell right now. If we just got an extra 8 mill added to the cap, what, my good friend would you spend it on? I just don't think there are that many good FA's on the market. Certainly none that would be of more worth to us than Moulds.

I am glad you are not the GM.

Should the Colts cut Peyton? He is a huge hit againsts their salary cap.

510300[/snapback]

AH yes and I am glad that YOU are not the GM...comparing an over the hill receiver who short arms passes and drops others and can't keep his mouth shut in public about the QB situation to a QB who is the best this generation will see.

I know I have been one of the largest critics of this organization on this site - but a serious question.  Realistically sepeaking, if this team mxanimizes draft choices and free agency dollars, how much better do you think theey can get?  Realistically, I think they have to hit the jackpot on the following:

-  Getting 3 starting offenseive line-men...not probowlers, but quality starts. 

-  Getting an All Pro type defensive tackle.  Sam is done and we do not have one even close to contribute at the level needed.  Need to spend a good bucmk here.

-  Getting a good possession receiver - Mould and reed should be gone - leaving us with two burners and Sam Aiken - who has the right body to be the possession guy, but is not consistent enough to make an impact.

-  Kevin Everrett can play

-  We find a cost effective replacement for Clements

-  We manage to prevent mcgahee from holding out

-  losman follows in the steps of Eli Manning or Carson Palmer

-  We find a new D-Coordinator that can maximize the tools, (in all liklihood Grey is gone)

If they achieve these things...maybe 10 wins?

510259[/snapback]

That's a lot of if's. I would really like to see the first two on your list.

AH yes and I am glad that YOU are not the GM...comparing an over the hill receiver who  short arms passes and drops others and can't keep his mouth shut in public about the QB situation to a QB who is the best this generation will see.

510588[/snapback]

Well then. So you are saying Marvin would be just getting close to 1000 yards about now, if he played for the Bills?

I asked a simple question. How many yards recieving does Marvin Harrison have with JP Losman as his QB?

Not sure Moulds gets cut.  It would mean an admission that TD overpaid to keep Moulds.  A restructure might happen, but most likely nothing will happen and he will play out his contract.

510344[/snapback]

Moulds is not worth the contract nor should we have resigned him. Flutie made him an allstar and everyone else since flutie has had the get it to moulds attitude that doesnt win games. There are more talented recievers out there that will go after the ball unlike the wimp moulds has become.

I think we can really improve with the addition of 3 players. First,we need a real 2 gap DT.Not a fat guy who plays like a small guy (Adams).A real 2 gap guy that will anchor and do the dirty work.Problem is,these guys are hard to find.Next we need to find one solid OT and one solid OG.I don't think they have to be pro bowlers,just solid. If we can add these things,and just maintain as far as free agency goes,I think we could win 10 or 11 games next season.