With a good off-season....

Kipers Hair

For the Bills to maximize their success next year, the following has to happen:

- The Bills must go 4-12 or 5-11 this year. That should be a bad enough record to get rid of TD, while getting a high draft pick.

- The Bills should get rid of some of the dead weight on defense--including Jerry Gray. There are viable defensive coordinator candidates to replace him.

- The Bills should free up salary cap space by restructuring or cutting players like Mike Williams.

- The Bills should use free agency and the draft to address both lines. In fact, their only first-day picks should be on guys for the trenches.

- The Bills should sign Terrell Owens. Admittedly that guy will say controversial things in order to get things stirred up. But he plays hard every week, and that's more than can be said about most players on this team.

:

- The Bills should sign Terrell Owens. Admittedly that guy will say controversial things in order to get things stirred up. But he plays hard every week, and that's more than can be said about most players on this team.

510669[/snapback]

I seem to remember a lot of people on this board warning about how damaging it would be to bench Losman for Holcomb, and about how we are destroying the psyche of our quarterback of the future.

Well, if he's half the sensitive wall-flower that people are concerned about, he will never survive a season with TO.

I seem to remember a lot of people on this board warning about how damaging it would be to bench Losman for Holcomb,  and about how we are destroying the psyche of our quarterback of the future.

Well,  if he's half the sensitive wall-flower that people are concerned about,  he will never survive a season with TO.

510672[/snapback]

Ah, but Losman plays better when he's mad. TO, here's the mike. Say whatever is on your mind. No, really. Don't be shy.

Realistically, there is no new-to-the-job GM that would ever bring in a cancer like TO.

Furthermore, TO is a receiver for cryin' out loud. Yes, he is a great receiver, but its not like finding a guy that can catch a few balls and move the chains is really all that hard. Guys like Terry Glenn, Peerless Price, Keenan McCardell, Koren Robinson, etc., etc. are on the street looking for work every year. Less upside maybe, but also much less downside.

Screw the big name players and high gloss press announcements. I've had enough of that. Bring in some players that can and want to play.

Not sure Moulds gets cut.  It would mean an admission that TD overpaid to keep Moulds.  A restructure might happen, but most likely nothing will happen and he will play out his contract.

510344[/snapback]

If he keeps restructuring, how will he ever play his contract out ? :lol:

Because Marvin Harrison would do so much better if he had JP Losman as a QB?

510347[/snapback]

No...My problem with him has been his inability to get any yards after the

catch....He got the chance to get 5 catches...but for 38 yards doesn't cut it

if you are the #1 WR on the team...

Look at players like Hines Ward, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson...They convert

short catches to long gains.....due to their ability to fight for extra yards

and make double moves.....Sadly EM has lost those abilities...the same

abilities he had exhibited when he played with Flutie 5 years ago....

I like EM as aplayer and thankful that he gave us good time at that position,

but injuries have taken a toll on him and at 10+ years, he is just losing the

interest to make that extra effort for that extra yard.

If we work on nothing but the OL and DL in the Draft and Free Agency, I'd be happy.  Thats where we're really hurting.  If lines play better everyone else will look better, the QB, RB, WR on offense and the LB's and DB's on defense.  Then after next season work on replacing guys like Moulds, Fletcher, et. al.

510494[/snapback]

Then next season everyone will be bitching about how our safeties can't tackle a RB or how our CBs can't run one on one with the WR....

Realistically, there is no new-to-the-job GM that would ever bring in a cancer like TO.

Furthermore, TO is a receiver for cryin' out loud.  Yes, he is a great receiver, but its not like finding a guy that can catch a few balls and move the chains is really all that hard.  Guys like Terry Glenn, Peerless Price, Keenan McCardell, Koren Robinson, etc., etc. are on the street looking for work every year.  Less upside maybe, but also much less downside.

Screw the big name players and high gloss press announcements.  I've had enough of that.  Bring in some players that can and want to play.

510994[/snapback]

TO definitely can play, and wants to play. The thing I like about him the most is his consistency, the fact he shows up every week. Not like Sam Adams, a guy who will play hard some of the time while slacking off at other times.

If the QB situation works itself out, if the offensive line gets rebuilt, and if we walk into next season with a 3 WR set that includes Moulds, Evans, and Owens, other teams would do well to fear our offense. If they gang up to stop the pass, we kill them with McGahee.

TO definitely can play, and wants to play. The thing I like about him the most is his consistency, the fact he shows up every week. Not like Sam Adams, a guy who will play hard some of the time while slacking off at other times.

If the QB situation works itself out, if the offensive line gets rebuilt, and if we walk into next season with a 3 WR set that includes Moulds, Evans, and Owens, other teams would do well to fear our offense. If they gang up to stop the pass, we kill them with McGahee.

511317[/snapback]

A QB ain't passing to nobody when his ass is on the turf.