The difference between Gregg and MM

Orton's Arm

MM never said he was a poor coach, but at least he's willing to admit when he messes up, and so learn from his mistakes.

510061[/snapback]

He said "Coaching is always a part of it". Therefore he admits he is missing it, and is a poor coach. :devil: That's what I've been saying all along.

He said "Coaching is always a part of it".  Therefore he admits he is missing it, and is a poor coach.  :devil:  That's what I've been saying all along.

510076[/snapback]

By that logic, Willis McGahee is a bad player, because he had a bad game. (His performance would have been okay considering his opportunities, had it not been for that fumble.)

By that logic, Willis McGahee is a bad player, because he had a bad game. (His performance would have been okay considering his opportunities, had it not been for that fumble.)

510101[/snapback]

One bad game does not make a bad player. However, MM has basically been outcoached, for 2 years now.

The players seemed to play with alot more intensity under Greg Williams.

With MM you get no intensity and bad coaching.

510113[/snapback]

I'll ask the question again. If TD didn't hire MM as a head coach who would have?

GW's candidacy made some sense before the hire, MM did not (pure cronyism).

From today's perspective, I'd have to say GW has more of upside than MM. Mularkey seems to have little, if any, grasp of what it takes to be a successful HC.

MM is just choosing to go down with the ship, Unlike GW who blamed it on the players. I like him as a perosn, seems cordial, but something just aint right here... We are perpetual losers, perpetual bums on the road, and nothing changes. We need a motivational speaker for the Bills locker room during away games. I really feel that this team, especially this defense has lost its identity. No Spikes, no Pat Williams... really all we have left is schobel, fletcher and clements from a once dominant defense. Our Starting DT rotation is pathetic, anyone see Pat WIlliams in the backfield all night last night. He would have been worth every dollar of the 4 million a yr they paid him. I'm frustrated with this team being cheap and frugal when it comes to signing and retaining talent. Their frugalness shows on the field.

Our Starting DT rotation is pathetic, anyone see Pat WIlliams in the backfield all night last night. 

510158[/snapback]

A former Bill anchors every part of the Viking defense. Oh well, it is the price we had to pay to have a Tom Donawho dominant defence in Buffalo.

Gregg Williams: we called the plays, and the players didn't execute.

---------------------------

Fan: "What has caused the defense to miss tackles and assignments? Is it poor coaching or execution?"

MM: "Coaching is always a part of it. It all starts with coaching."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3502

510006[/snapback]

you didn't read that as mm throwing the defensive coaching staff under the bus? i kinda did, but perhaps i'm being to suspicious and uncharitable.

you didn't read that as mm throwing the defensive coaching staff under the bus? i kinda did, but perhaps i'm being to suspicious and uncharitable.

510199[/snapback]

If he did throw them under the bus, I could see why. It's becoming increasingly clear Buffalo needs a new defensive coordinator.

I'll ask the question again.  If TD didn't hire MM as a head coach who would have?

From today's perspective, I'd have to say GW has more of upside than MM.  Mularkey seems to have little, if any, grasp of what it takes to be a successful HC.

510131[/snapback]

Easy: We should have hired Charlie Weiss.

I'll ask the question again.  If TD didn't hire MM as a head coach who would have?

From today's perspective, I'd have to say GW has more of upside than MM.  Mularkey seems to have little, if any, grasp of what it takes to be a successful HC.

510131[/snapback]

Teflon Tom threw Williams under the bus to save his job.

If he was going to fire him, he should have done in mid-season. However, he kept GW and the players played hard all season. So much so that they beat Carolina and lost out on Julius Peppers and instead got --Fat Mike.