AM I THE ONLY ONE THAT THINKS

B-Dawg12

I know this board is notorious for flip flopping but how can all the optimism defleat in a week, take care of business next week at home and a pretty good shot at a KC win over New England what will you be saying then?

The Bills are mediocre, they arnt among the elite but they arnt as bad as theyre made out to be on this board either. We have an aging defense with some key players that we can retain and tinker with and improve. We have some very good players at key offensive postions and a suspect line. Those are the facts, were not world beaters as I could have told you beofre we started this season. San Diego on the other hand is an excellent football team, strong everywhere with a record that should look a little better. All I'm saying is to consider this with the outcome of this past weeks game, was it really that unexpected??

Can we beat Carolina at home? damn right

Can KC beat NEw England at home? damn right

Can we beat New England at home? damn right

Before we start talking draft lets talk about these next 3 weeks to set up for the stretch.

I know this board is notorious for flip flopping but how can all the optimism defleat in a week, take care of business next week at home and a pretty good shot at a KC win over New England what will you be saying then?

The Bills are mediocre, they arnt among the elite but they arnt as bad as theyre made out to be on this board either. We have an aging defense with some key players that we can retain and tinker with and improve. We have some very good players at key offensive postions and a suspect line. Those are the facts, were not world beaters as I could have told you beofre we started this season. San Diego on the other hand is an excellent football team, strong everywhere with a record that should look a little better. All I'm saying is to consider this with the outcome of this past weeks game, was it really that unexpected??

Before we start talking draft lets talk about these next 3 weeks to set up for the stretch.

509990[/snapback]

WOOOHOOOO. Go BILLS. :devil:

No question we lost to a very good team in San Diego. But just because we are still in the race, it doesn't say much for our football team.

I was at the game in San Diego, and the talent gap between the two teams was immense. The Bills were outclassed in the warmups.

I appreciate the positive post and I would definitely love a playoff game, but it is hard to get excited knowing that it will be a road playoff game against a good team, and we are 0-5 on the road. The loss at New England was supposedly a way to validate that this team can play well on the road, but what if New England isn't very good either? That puts us behind an average team, and ahead of the Jets and Dolphins. Woohoo. (Don't get me wrong- ahead of the Jets and Dolphins is much better than behind them; it's just not saying much, as I think we expected to be ahead of them.)

So yes, while we did lose to a very good team, it further exposed our major problems for which there is no quick fix. Our O-line can't pass block, and our D-line can't get to the QB without blitzing (and even then they have trouble.)

Yes, this week we did lose to a good Chargers team, on the road, where we have been struggling. The problem is this; we also lost to a bad Saints team, a bad Raiders team and a struggling Patriots team.

WE ARE BAD!

But I still love 'em. They break my heart every Sunday but I'm like the battered spouse, I'll justify it to the end.

No question we lost to a very good team in San Diego.  But just because we are still in the race, it doesn't say much for our football team.

I was at the game in San Diego, and the talent gap between the two teams was immense.  The Bills were outclassed in the warmups. 

I appreciate the positive post and I would definitely love a playoff game, but it is hard to get excited knowing that it will be a road playoff game against a good team, and we are 0-5 on the road.  The loss at New England was supposedly a way to validate that this team can play well on the road, but what if New England isn't very good either?  That puts us behind an average team, and ahead of the Jets and Dolphins.  Woohoo.  (Don't get me wrong- ahead of the Jets and Dolphins is much better than behind them; it's just not saying much, as I think we expected to be ahead of them.)

So yes, while we did lose to a very good team, it further exposed our major problems for which there is no quick fix.  Our O-line can't pass block, and our D-line can't get to the QB without blitzing (and even then they have trouble.)

510019[/snapback]

IF the Bills get into the playoffs they will have a home game as the only way they get in is as the East Division winner. They'd probably have to host either Cincy or Jacksonville. On the outside chance they surpassed that hurdle, that is when the hurting begins. They most likely would have to go to Indy, and I don't see any way the Bills stay within 2 touchdowns of the Colts.

It's all moot anyway, as the Patriots need to play very poorly over the last 6 weeks (w/ 2 games against the Jets and 1 against Miami) and the Bills at a minimum need to go 4-2, and probably 5-1 or 6-0 due to the Pats' remaining schedule.

IF the Bills get into the playoffs they will have a home game as the only way they get in is as the East Division winner.  They'd probably have to host either Cincy or Jacksonville.  On the outside chance they surpassed that hurdle, that is when the hurting begins.  They most likely would have to go to Indy, and I don't see any way the Bills stay within 2 touchdowns of the Colts.

It's all moot anyway, as the Patriots need to play very poorly over the last 6 weeks (w/ 2 games against the Jets and 1 against Miami) and the Bills at a minimum need to go 4-2, and probably 5-1 or 6-0 due to the Pats' remaining schedule.

510048[/snapback]

Ah yes good point. I guess it just doesn't seem possible that we would have a home playoff game.

509990[/snapback]

Wow, yes, one game does a season make! Haven't you noticed how badly they've sucked the whole year??? :devil:

509990[/snapback]

We made them look like a GREAT team. I think they're a fine team and are capable of playing extremely well. We helped them look like world-beaters.

509990[/snapback]

You're not the only one.

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=35285

i believe they are the second best team in the NFL.

our season is not over.

we play well at home.

Carolina, N. England, Denver... we can win these games.

510398[/snapback]

Um, Denver? A Denver team that needs wins to stay ahead of San Diego in the AFC West race? A Denver team that runs the ball quite well, going up against our run defense?

I hate to say it, but with New England's players starting to return from injury, they will be a tougher opponent the second time around. And Carolina . . . things would have to go really well for the Bills to beat that team. Even at home.

Right now - this team is just slightly gutless (with the exception of a *few* individuals) than the last of the GW teams...

I really think JP is going to give the Jim Kelly legend here a run for the money. These last two weeks - his attitude and spirit has been great. I think Evans is gonna be good to great. McGahee needs to get his head out of a** but he'll be a horse we can run with it for a while...We could use a money TE but most of all We just need (O and D) lines worth a damn...

But, if I were Mularkey I'd start keep a sharp eye on the deadwood at OBD. Sad thing is it seems like most of them are vets.

509990[/snapback]

I think the point is how we lost. I don't think many will argue the point that we lost to a good team because we did. But to lose 48-10 is painful and ridculous.

Does anyone else wish WE were the damn good team ?

How do you explain a team that plays fairly good at home and absolutely brutal on the road ?

That comes back to Coaching, more than talent. And who is in charge of getting the talent on the field and hiring the coach ?

So...maybe....MAYBE... the GM and Coaching staff is the real problem. Blaming the players only goes so far.

Is that Turn The Page by Bob Seger I hear in the background ?