This team should be a lot better

On paper, we should have a pretty good offense. Willis is a stud, Moulds can still bring it, Evans has huge talent, although the tight ends are at best serviceable. Everett was drafted to take care of that, and you know what happened.

The line just can't seem to get anything done. Williams, what a bust. Peters finally got exposed. The others are sort of castaways, but McNally has a history of creating good lines from castaways.

The defense....what a disappointment that Bannan, Anderson, Edwards (hurt, pretty big loss there) and fat Sam can't clog up the middle. Losing Takeo was huge, and I just don't think Posey has ever had a good game for this team. That was a bad signing. Fletcher is having an off year too.

The corners are solid, but Clements played like Chris Watson yesterday. This defense right now should be middle of the pack, and it looks like the bottom of the league.

This team needs a mean streak. Not a cheap shot streak, but the mad dog type of intensity...like that linebacker from Baltimore. We don't have that.

We should be a 9-7 type team, especially considering how the Jets and the Fins are playing, and the Pats not being dominant any more.

I have to put it on the coaching.

The line just can't seem to get anything done.  Williams, what a bust.  Peters finally got exposed.  The others are sort of castaways, but McNally has a history of creating good lines from castaways.

The defense....what a disappointment that Bannan, Anderson, Edwards (hurt,

509348[/snapback]

McNally has taken incompetence and through hard work has molded it into partially concealed incompentence.

This team needs a Oline(1T, 1G & C), two DT's, 1 CB(cuz we aint resigning Clements), and a FS....

and a coaching staff that can stick with a offensive gameplan.....this coaching staff has failed to give this team a identity.....what are we offensively right now...a jumbled up bunch of plays that result in very little offense.....

Can we run the damn ball.....i know we got down 14-3 yesterday(Reed makes a couple should be catches yesterday, this game may have been alot different early), but why give up on the run.....

How do you stop SD's offense....run the ball...try keeping the T.O.P....

Nope lets go out and pass, pass, pass, punt...

then pass pass, ok we get that managable 3rd down and 6....ok this is were we pass, give Losman the safe play and lets move the chains....nope we run(WTF!), stuffed....punt

I really dont get it....

You honestly don't think Jim McNally might NOT have pulled off one of the most amazing feats of this year in getting Jason Peters inserted at ORT? He replaced a first round pick in the eyes of this coaching staff, INCREDIBLE! Exposed? Please spare me that crap! He's played RT for what, two or three games now? An undrafted free agent TE for pete's sake! Jim McNally and Bobby April might be the only true quality on this entire coaching staff! Remember that!!!

Consistency, kids. When the line had a some time together, by the end of last year, they were looking pretty darn good. So what happens? Two starters are let go and Big Mike goes down with an injury. So, three new starters and no consistency. I bet you all the money in my wallet that MacNally is dying to say that to the media so he can salvage his rep.

Corollary - that's why I'd like to see the same five start the rest of the season: Gandy, Mike, Teague, Villarial, and Peters, and switch only one, maybe two (if one of them is Preston) this offseason. No huge changes as some on this board want.

You honestly don't think Jim McNally might NOT have pulled off one of the most amazing feats of this year in getting Jason Peters inserted at ORT? He replaced a first round pick in the eyes of this coaching staff, INCREDIBLE! Exposed? Please spare me that crap! He's played RT for what, two or three games now? An undrafted free agent TE for pete's sake! Jim McNally and Bobby April might be the only true quality on this entire coaching staff! Remember that!!!

509390[/snapback]

I would think it would be much more amazing if they had a good line.

The guy is a good coach, but not the Miracle Worker. (unless, of course

you believe Hellen Keller could be taught to block, then maybe we are

on to something.)

Well said. A turd is still a turd regardless of how much polish you put on it.

509361[/snapback]

Exactly. Give McNally Clay, he'll make a statue. Give him a lump of sh-- like we have, and all its gonna do is make his hands stink.

What do you honestly expect? As others have said, McNally has nothing to work with. Quite predictably, his OL stinks, primarily due to the fact that the team has invested in other teams' castoffs rather than quality FAs and draft picks. He's a good football coach, but he is not a miracle worker.

What do you honestly expect? As others have said,  McNally has nothing to work with.  Quite predictably,  his OL stinks,  primarily due to the fact that the team has invested in other teams' castoffs rather than quality FAs and draft picks.  He's a good football coach, but he is not a miracle worker.

509746[/snapback]

I don't buy this primarily because he built a solid line in NY out of Glenn Parker and Dusty Ziegler - Bills castoffs!

509390[/snapback]

THAT is what I don't understand .......... why couldn't we replace our injured/underachieving RT with a backup lineman who at least has been "in the system" for a while ......... even entertaining the thought that Peters could do well just being thrown into the position is stupid beyond words ........ not to even say a pretty telling comment on our O-line depth (or lack of it) ........ as well as a major disservice to Peters.