our line is so terrible

bbills17

It looks much better when Kelly Holcomb is under center. The same way Flutie made our line look just fine, even though everyone here yelled and screamed that Rob Johnson was our man, Flutie was a useless midget (that went 20-9 as a starter).

B*itch and moan about our line all day, but the fact remains that JP completely stinks, and Willis is the most overrated player in the history of this board. But it's easier to just blame the rest of the team since everyone is in love with these two clowns.

Willis has been average at best this year. Yes you heard it, very average. You can throw around all the stats you want, he doesn't make the cuts or have the burst that the good RBs in this league have, and he likely never will. He's a good 3rd down pounder, not an every down back in the NFL, unless he still has speed to gain from his recovery from surgery.

It looks much better when Kelly Holcomb is under center.  The same way Flutie made our line look just fine, even though everyone here yelled and screamed that Rob Johnson was our man, Flutie was a useless midget (that went 20-9 as a starter). 

B*itch and moan about our line all day, but the fact remains that JP completely stinks, and Willis is the most overrated player in the history of this board.  But it's easier to just blame the rest of the team since everyone is in love with these two clowns. 

Willis has been average at best this year.  Yes you heard it, very average.  You can throw around all the stats you want, he doesn't make the cuts or have the burst that the good RBs in this league have, and he likely never will.  He's a good 3rd down pounder, not an every down back in the NFL, unless he still has speed to gain from his recovery from surgery.

509286[/snapback]

I think that there are very few, if any, NFL teams that wouldn't be happy to have WMG come in and fill the spot it their top gun went out with injury.

Several would be pleased to have him as the starting HB. He's gaining yards and moving the sticks on a club with qb problems. Trade him to a club with an established qb - he might surprise... :)

Willis has been average at best this year.  Yes you heard it, very average.  You can throw around all the stats you want, he doesn't make the cuts or have the burst that the good RBs in this league have, and he likely never will.  He's a good 3rd down pounder, not an every down back in the NFL, unless he still has speed to gain from his recovery from surgery.

509286[/snapback]

For the last time Travis, you aren't a Bill anymore. Go read the Titans board to get your jollies.

509286[/snapback]

What does it say when an "average" back like WM is poised to break 1000 yards?

What does it say when an "average" back like WM is poised to break 1000 yards?

509357[/snapback]

You think 1000 yards is an accomplishment in this day and age?? If so, you need to wake up, it's 2006. 1000 yards is barely satisfactory for a RB that plays healthy and is the feature back.

Ok for the love of God, a win and this team is a superbowl contender a loss and this team has to fire the entire staff. We had a horrible game against a team who is much better than us, it is as simple as that. Willis is a great back, JP is getting there and our defence is not as bad as some make it out to be. I do believe that San Diego actually stopped running the ball because LT wasn't moving the ball well and took advantage of it. Obviously our defence played like crap but all I'm saying is that you do not decide a teams ranking on one bad game or one good game you decide it on the basis of the entire season.

Now looking at buffalos season so far in comparison to toughness of schedule id say we're an average team that is lacking protection on the offensive and defensive lines. With the cap room we have, we should consider filling in those holes and I still say we should keep Nate if possible. Maybe this season will bring him back to earth and lower his demands... we shall see.

I think Nate's play yesterday whittled 10 million bucks off his perceived value. But I think he's gone.

If we can get Takeo and Ron Edwards back, that will make a significant difference. No pressure on Drew yesterday, so he stood back there and found the receivers. They had some pretty impressive routes, with borderline picks happening all over the place. Well-designed.

Who's the stud on New England's O Line? They keep plugging holes with well-coached players and well-designed schemes. We have neither on that line.

It looks much better when Kelly Holcomb is under center.  The same way Flutie made our line look just fine, even though everyone here yelled and screamed that Rob Johnson was our man, Flutie was a useless midget (that went 20-9 as a starter). 

509286[/snapback]

While I take issue with judging one player by the record of an entire team, I strongly agree that Holcomb makes the line look a lot better. Holcomb may be the most underrated player on this team.

Who's the stud on New England's O Line?  They keep plugging holes with well-coached players and well-designed schemes.  We have neither on that line.

509370[/snapback]

New England looks for a very specific type of offensive lineman: smart, very tough, a guy with a lot of heart. In comparison to most other teams, New England places more emphasis on these things, and less on athletic ability. That's why they've been able to find their type of players later on in the draft. If you think players like Bennie Anderson, Trey Teague, or Mike Gandy would be successful parts of New England's offensive line, you're mistaken.

New England looks for a very specific type of offensive lineman: smart, very tough, a guy with a lot of heart. In comparison to most other teams, New England places more emphasis on these things, and less on athletic ability. That's why they've been able to find their type of players later on in the draft. If you think players like Bennie Anderson, Trey Teague, or Mike Gandy would be successful parts of New England's offensive line, you're mistaken.

509378[/snapback]

Well then, luckily two of those three will be gone next year :)

I think Nate's play yesterday whittled 10 million bucks off his perceived value.  But I think he's gone. 

If we can get Takeo and Ron Edwards back, that will make a significant difference.  No pressure on Drew yesterday, so he stood back there and found the receivers.  They had some pretty impressive routes, with borderline picks happening all over the place.  Well-designed. 

Who's the stud on New England's O Line?  They keep plugging holes with well-coached players and well-designed schemes.  We have neither on that line.

509370[/snapback]

Ron Edwards? I think we need an upgrade at that position. I'd like to have him as a backup.

Don't let the fact that, before Sunday, Holcomb and Losman had been sacked the same number of times  while playing pretty much the same amount of time get in the way of your "reality".

509525[/snapback]

They have both now started 5 games, JP has been sacked 17 times, Holcomb 11. You really should wake up and do the math. Should we look at the rest of their stats, come on, JP is close to the worst QB in the NFL right now.

While I take issue with judging one player by the record of an entire team, I strongly agree that Holcomb makes the line look a lot better. Holcomb may be the most underrated player on this team.

509374[/snapback]

Hear hear...Holcomb DOES make the O-line look a lot better.like Flutie did(but in a different way of course)'

I sure hope it works out with JP

It is true how a good QB (or at least one that makes quick decisions) can make an OL look fine. Look at Brady. That offense is missing 7 out of 11 starters and doesn't miss a beat. Their RB is a cast-off that got cut from the Dolphins and their starting tackles and center are out. I agree that the OL is weak but the QB and rest of the team has to make plays as well. It was amazing how the same OL went from giving up the most sacks with RJ to giving up the least with Flutie.

They have both now started 5 games, JP has been sacked 17 times, Holcomb 11.  You really should wake up and do the math.  Should we look at the rest of their stats, come on, JP is close to the worst QB in the NFL right now.

509645[/snapback]

After the KC game both Holcomb and JP had played 4 full games and half of another (actually JP had played slightly more than Holcomb). At that time both had been sacked 11 times. It's not me that needs to take a math course. While you're at it, try a reading comprehension course as well.

You think 1000 yards is an accomplishment in this day and age??  If so, you need to wake up, it's 2006.  1000 yards is barely satisfactory for a RB that plays healthy and is the feature back.

509363[/snapback]

The NFL rushing leader in 2004 averaged 106 yds per game. Willis is averaging 90 per game and he's at 900 yds with SIX games left so if he just hits his 90 yds per game average he'll have 1440 yds for the season.

That's just "satisfactory" when Martin won it in 2004 with 1697 and the best back in the NFL (LT) gained only 1335?