If the Bills beat the Chargers

TigerJ

I don't expect it, but not only would the Bills get to .500, but the Chargers are the kind of team the Bills need to learn to beat. They have pretty much only lost to good and very good teams. They have a well rounded team with no serious weaknesses. If Buffalo beats SD in San Diego, there is not another team on their schedule that they absolutely can't beat. They will have confidence and momentum. That's a huge if they have to overcome though.

Denver might be a bit better but they are coming to our territory which is an obvious advantage for the Bills.

A few weeks back I really thought San Diego was going to be the toughest team for us because of the clobbering they gave to the Pats. I think they are a very physical team which we don't normally match up well against. LT is a freak but Philadelphia did shut him out completely. Think Jerry Gray will study that tape or what? To Philly's credit, they also shut out Dallas' running game yesterday so maybe they have a really good run defense.

I don't know what to think anymore. I'm scared. I want the Bills to win desperately now that JP is back in. What a huge step that would be for JP and this team. The fact that San Diego is coming off a bye doesn't help either.

Can anyone tell me when the last time was that the Bills won a game on the Left Coast? I know our overall record is terrible when we travel all they way out there.

As far as us shutting down LT, you must be high on crack to even suggest our run D is comparable to Philly's this year. LT may go over 200 yds in this game...seriously.

As far as us shutting down LT,  you must be high on crack to even suggest our run D is comparable to Philly's this year. LT may go over 200 yds in this game...seriously.

504582[/snapback]

Never suggested our run D was comparable to Philly's, pal. Just brought up the fact that there IS a way to stop LT.

If LT goes over 200, we lose. He won't. And no, I'm not saying we will win. I just don't think he's going to bust out 200 yards on us.

Can anyone tell me when the last time was that the Bills won a game on the Left Coast? I know our overall record is terrible when we travel all they way out there.

As far as us shutting down LT,  you must be high on crack to even suggest our run D is comparable to Philly's this year. LT may go over 200 yds in this game...seriously.

504582[/snapback]

Buffalo jacked Seattle last year by a very healthy margin.

robjohnson4life Posted Today, 12:32 AM

QUOTE(Tortured Soul @ Nov 16 2005, 12:29 AM)

Doesn't anyone (besides me) think it's possible again this year?

It's possible, but the NFC West shouldn't really count. That's why I was doubting the rout over SF.

It's kinda like sex in another area code.

The Bills did go 2-1 last year in games on the west coast. Yes, they were victories against NFC West teams, but remember, those games were blowout victories as they should have been. The Bills went into those games and beat 2 teams that were weaker than them, the way a good team should.

Still, that was last year.

I do believe the Bills can beat the Chargers. It would be best if Losman did get the start, he looks more calm and much more decisive. It's safe to say that the time off did him some good.

I am not only concerned that the Bills have had trouble winning out west, but that they have not won a single road game this entire season. For crying out loud, the Bills lost to the Saints this year!! :rolleyes: That is bad!!

The Bills have to win this game. Not just because it would be a win against a good team, and not because it's a conference, but because it's a road game. The Bills must win on the road, if they want to have any chance at the playoffs.

Being at 5-5 with momentum, would be a huge boost for the Bills, and with teams like Carolina, New England, Denver, & Cincinnati still looming, they will need all the momentum they can get.

The Bills did go 2-1 last year in games on the west coast. Yes, they were victories against NFC West teams, but remember, those games were blowout victories as they should have been. The Bills went into those games and beat 2 teams that were weaker than them, the way a good team should.

504613[/snapback]

Good points. Beating weak teams on the road was a large part of our run down the stretch last year. Also, we did start 0-4 on the road last year as well.

This year will be a lot tougher, so any form of victory will be acceptable in my eyes, especially with losses already tallied against New Orleans and Oakland on the road.

504582[/snapback]

We beat Seattle and San Francisco last year

We beat Seattle and San Francisco last year

504711[/snapback]

i think he meant afc left coast teams. if we were in the nfc we would make the playoffs. seattle was a mediocre team at best last season, and san fran?? well they were san fran. we lost to oakland last season. nfc west is like pop warner football almost every year the last 2 years.

i think he meant afc left coast teams. if we were in the nfc we would make the playoffs. seattle was a mediocre team at best last season, and san fran?? well they were san fran. we lost to oakland last season. nfc west is like pop warner football almost every year the last 2 years.

505145[/snapback]

AFC West Coast? Let's see.... that would be Seattle; they were still in the AFC when the Bills won the 2000 finale at U of Washington's Husky Stadium.

Raiders? 1992, when they were in LA.

Chargers? 1981.

Yup, that bad.

505145[/snapback]

And I don't know why, but there is something psychologically different about the AFC West teams - familiarity, I suppose. But they seem to have our number at home in a way that no other division seems to.