Is Willis Mcgahee our RB of the future

RVJ

I know we have a bad offensive line. But WM looks so slow sometimes. And he

doesn't go all out driving for those extra yards. It seems that he picks and chooses

his spots. Sometimes I think he is holding back to prevent injury. In other words

he looks like he wants out of Buffalo when his contracts up. I would like to have

another top notch RB on the roster. This way we can put some presssue on Willis.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doesn't go all out driving for those extra yards. It seems that he picks and chooses

his spots. Sometimes I think he is holding back to prevent injury. In other words

he looks like he wants out of Buffalo when his contracts up. I would like to have

another top notch RB on the roster. This way we can put some presssue on Willis.

503461[/snapback]

Fifth in the NFL in rushing. He's a battering ram. Yeah I think we'll keep him. :lol:

503461[/snapback]

You should go to your doctor dude. I think you may have the bird flu!! :lol:

503461[/snapback]

Hey Travis, we traded your ass so deal with it. Go post on the Titans board.

Wow..you guys can honestly say you see Willis going all out ?

Im sorry I don't see it.

503476[/snapback]

Yeah, if he doesn't top the 100 yard mark every single week then he must not be going all out... :lol:

Im sorry I don't see it.

503476[/snapback]

If there's a running back who moves the pile and carries tacklers better than Willis, name him.

He's not the fastest, and he's not the shiftiest, but he's about the strongest RB I've seen since Bettis in his prime.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's our running back of the present.

I hope he stays healthy/productive and we extend him at a fair price. Is there really more to talk about than "I wonder is Rosenhaus will push him into being an idiot?"

Yes, he still has room or improvement, but he's doing great.

Im sorry I don't see it.

503476[/snapback]

Just remember, alot of Willis' long runs this year have been brought back by penalties. Just like the 1st play last week. I am still wondering why Roscoe Parrish was on the field for that play.

Just remember, alot of Willis' long runs this year have been brought back by penalties.  Just like the 1st play last week.  I am still wondering why Roscoe Parrish was on the field for that play.

503483[/snapback]

OK...I'll cut him some slack. Once our passiing offense starts clicking, then maybe

that will open up the running game more.

503461[/snapback]

if you have to ask, than its obvious you just dont know.

Willis is the man. Willis is the future. Willis will be in buffalo for a very long time.

if you have to ask, than its obvious you just dont know.

Willis is the man. Willis is the future. Willis will be in buffalo for a very long time.

503494[/snapback]

Hopefully he will be. TD will have to pay WM and DR will make sure of it. :lol:

If there's a running back who moves the pile and carries tacklers better than Willis, name him.

stephen davis, jamaal lewis, rudi johnson, larry johnson, priest holmes, greg jones, jerome bettis, edgerrin james.

Willis is a good back and he's playing hard and up to his ability. But, he is neither the holy grail of backs, nor expendable.

Im sorry I don't see it.

503476[/snapback]

I think that it's easy to confuse patience with apprehension. Sure, there are times when I wish he'd be a little less patient and just slam into the hole, but keep your eyes on his legs after he makes contact on inside runs. He's pumping and fighting for 2 or 3 yards after first contact on a consistent basis and IMO you can't ask for too much more from your RB.

There maybe a few spots on offense that are in need of an upgrade, but RB ain't one of 'em.

stephen davis, jamaal lewis, rudi johnson, larry johnson, priest holmes, greg jones, jerome bettis, edgerrin james.

Willis is a good back and he's playing hard and up to his ability.  But, he is neither the holy grail of backs, nor expendable.

503501[/snapback]

I'd take Willis over at least 5, maybe 6 of them.

Actually, I'm pretty sure he's our running back of the present. 

I hope he stays healthy/productive and we extend him at a fair price.  Is there really more to talk about than "I wonder is Rosenhaus will push him into being an idiot?"

Yes, he still has room or improvement, but he's doing great.

503480[/snapback]

Right o. I'd hate to see our record with no Willis. He's our man of the present and one of the strengths of the team. This team shouldn't be playing for the future, if they get it together they can win the division.

On the subject of of a fair price andRosenhaus, he needs to make a public deal to restore his legitamacy and save face a bit in the eyes of his clients. Right now he's seen as a dirtbag who might have ruined TOs career. I'm not saying I agree with that as TOP did a stellar job of screwing himself. However, this might be a good time to try and extend Willis. DR can't really afford a big mess. If the Bills had any money left after the Mcgee extension, maybe they should approach DR regarding Willis?

503501[/snapback]

I assume you're talking about Davis, Lewis and Bettis in their primes because none of them run with the authority Willis does (well, when he's trying to run with authority and not dancing). Holmes never had the power McGahee does. L. Johnson hasn't gotten enough carries per game to know what kind of power back he really is...and did you really just mention Greg Jones in this discussion?