No time to get conservative

1billsfan

San Diego is third to last in passing defense and first in rushing defense.

JP and Lee obviously have a good thing going here and I think the coaches would be wise to take their shots downfield early and often against the Chargers. Play fast and loose and let the chips fall where they may.

JP and Lee obviously have a good thing going here and I think the coaches would be wise to take their shots downfield early and often against the Chargers. Play fast and lose and let the chips fall where they may.

502971[/snapback]

Charger's in '04-

3rd against the run, 31st against the pass.

I heard some pregame comment that "between the AFC East and West there'll be a total of 2 playoff games total this postseason". Hard to argue with that logic ;-)

JP and Lee obviously have a good thing going here and I think the coaches would be wise to take their shots downfield early and often against the Chargers. Play fast and lose and let the chips fall where they may.

502971[/snapback]

If we make the passing game our priority on the road LT will have 200 yards against this defense. Winging the ball all over the field might get us more points, but I guarantee it will also result in the Chargers getting more points, and if this goes into a shoot out we have no prayer.

I don't expect Willis to have big numbers but in order to have a chance in this one we need to control the clock. I agree that we need to take some shots down field but it's even more important that we keep the Chargers offense off the field as much as possible.

I don't expect Willis to have big numbers but in order to have a chance in this one we need to control the clock. I agree that we need to take some shots down field but it's even more important that we keep the Chargers offense off the field as much as possible.

502989[/snapback]

If we take those shots down the field, it'll open things up for Willis. That equals controlling the clock. Most analysts are writing off the game as a sure thing for SD. I'm not willing to concede the game. Maybe Gray and the brain trust can figure out a way to neutralize LT. Nailing his hotel door shut might work.

502971[/snapback]

How w/o a decent line? Didn't you see what happened to Holcomb? We have to run the ball to protect JP. Isn't that very obvious by now?

502971[/snapback]

The best way to win is keep the Chargers O off the field, a game plan similar to what we had against the Pats with a TD or more could prove smart.

If we take those shots down the field, it'll open things up for Willis.  That equals controlling the clock.  Most analysts are writing off the game as a sure thing for SD. I'm not willing to concede the game.  Maybe Gray and the brain trust can figure out a way to neutralize LT.  Nailing his hotel door shut might work.

503006[/snapback]

The brain trust??? :lol: I still like the nickname "Jerry's Kids" for our defense. God I hope we can pull this one out by our defense remembering HS practice and wrapping up. I think LT may hurt us more in the passing game especially if the "Brain Trust" continues its blitz happy ways. Just like last week the Bills must get a good pass rush from the front 4 so our LBs and Safeties can at least help contain LT in both the rushing and passing game.

Really?  I know he made the 4th down play to preserve the Jets game, but he has struggled a lot in my estimation.

503284[/snapback]

Jammer blows. He's been a tremendous disappointment to my buddies down in the SD area. But he'll probably have a terrific day against us now that I spoke up.

The Bills need to control the clock by using the vertical passing game to stretch a bad passing defense, and then pound it with WM. I don't care if he rushes for a Wicky-esque 2.5 YPC as long as we find a way to move the chains the entire game. Also, like I said before the Bills need to rush the passer with their front 4 so we don't get blitz happy where LT will kill us out of the backfield and Antonio Gates will kill us over the middle abusing our safeties. Finally, we need points in the redzone. We'll lose relying on FGs, so we need TDs, either way Lindell better pull his head out. Wasn't his accuracy from 45 yards in supposedly his biggest asset? Anyways, this game will either be a lopsided game in SDs favor if we turn into a blitz machine and we don't run the ball consistently, but if we pressure Brees and committ to the run we can keep it close and hopefully pull out a win.

How w/o a decent line?   Didn't you see what happened to Holcomb?   We have to run the ball to protect JP.   Isn't that very obvious by now?

503184[/snapback]

I'm talking about coming out with guns ablazin, not throwing it around the entire game. Thankfully JP is not the stationary target Holcomb is, he also has an arm that's a thousand times better. JP and Lee have are clicking right now, IMO they need to exploit this tandum. This is one of those games where the players can play like they have nothing to lose (they're 9 point underdogs for god sakes!). Play loosey goosey, take a few early shots to Evans (or Moulds if Evans is the man getting double covered), I would even try tossing a deep one to Parrish. Once they get SD to back off the line of scrimmage then they can really have a great chance to get Willis going.

I think we lose this game anyways, I'm just suggesting what my approach to winning this game would be.