getting really annoyed with ESPN

How about Mike Patrick, after the fumble by Bryant- "The Steeler receivers have really hurt Trent Dilfer"

502226[/snapback]

That was funny, then he said...

"the receivers are physical, they are playing Cleveland receivers head on and saying were here to hit and play football"

the Sunday night crew seems incapable of calling a game without selecting one player to obsess over every week. it's not enough to simply talk about what's happening on the field, they feel the need to pick out a single individual and create an entire story arc around him. It's ridiculous.

Bruschi last week, Ward this week. Ray lewis, Michael Vick, Donovan McNabb, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Terrell Owens in past weeks. Whoever's the flavor of the month.

Nothing against HW, great player, class act but jeez they are just going on and on about this guy like they are his agents.

502223[/snapback]

"Nothing against _____________________________, great player, class act but jeez they are just going on and on about this guy like they are his agents."

We can have this thread every single week. They make fans hate good players with their PR nonsense every sunday night.

"Nothing against _____________________________, great player, class act but jeez they are just going on and on about this guy like they are his agents."

We can have this thread every single week.  They make fans hate good players with their PR nonsense every sunday night.

502239[/snapback]

We need to start a weekly pool: Who's the ESBN Crew going to infatuate over each week. Next week's KC and Houston...and Priest Holmes is on IR.

Holmes, you're on deck... :rolleyes:

We need to start a weekly pool: Who's the ESBN Crew going to infatuate over each week.  Next week's KC and Houston...and Priest Holmes is on IR.

Holmes, you're on deck...  :rolleyes:

502243[/snapback]

Its houston... which means next week's candidate is.........

TONY GONZALEZ!

TONY GONZALEZ!

502250[/snapback]

I'll take a dark horse here.....Dante Hall. I bet he runs back a kick in the first half and they slobber all over him the rest of the game.

TONY GONZALEZ!

502250[/snapback]

I say it's Trent Green. They can talk about his emotional game against the Raiders (due to his father passing away). Then his letdown game against us, and finally his rebound game against Houston.

I'll take a dark horse here.....Dante Hall.  I bet he runs back a kick in the first half and they slobber all over him the rest of the game.

502259[/snapback]

Not a bad choice at all. However, I don't think its teh same Dante that they slobbered all over 2 years ago.

You can't slobber over him twice without people noticing. :rolleyes:

We need to start a weekly pool: Who's the ESBN Crew going to infatuate over each week.  Next week's KC and Houston...and Priest Holmes is on IR.

502243[/snapback]

it will be all about dick vermeil u can take it to the bank!

Anyone watching the lovefest tonight they are having for Hines Ward?

Nothing against HW, great player, class act but jeez they are just going on and on about this guy like they are his agents.

502223[/snapback]

Hines Ward is a well respected WR. i do not think they went overboard. he passes a record held by a hall of fame WR.

it was NOTHING like the Bruschi episode they did a few weeks ago.

I say it's Trent Green.  They can talk about his emotional game against the Raiders (due to his father passing away). Then his letdown game against us, and finally his rebound game against Houston.

502261[/snapback]

Is his mother alive? His wife? Does he have kids?

There's some mojo and a story here dammit! :rolleyes:

it's going to be Larry Johnson... they will bring up all the stuff about being called a baby and blah blah blah and how he stuck with it and worked hard and now he's THE man in KC.

These guys make up their minds what they are going to say before the plays even happen... does anyone remember when the Browns where pinned at their own 1 foot line and McGuire started saying how big and strong the Steeler D-Line was... then the Brown run up the middle, granted, maybe gained 6 inches but to hear McGuire call it you'd have thought that they pushed the Browns out of the endzone. "Watch the black shirts, they go forward and all the white shirts go backwards" is what he said, but then they showed the sideline view and that is exactly NOT what happened, the white shirts moved about a foot forward and the browns gained about 6 inches. Why not just state what happened, the Steelers D didn't let them gain more than 6 inches, isn't that still REALLY good? This is what I mean, he had that in his head no matter what happened, he was going to talk about how great the Steeler line was.

502243[/snapback]

It will be about how Vermil Cries.

What concerns me most is that the three idiots in the booth are clearly trying to attract the homosexual football fan. While I paraphrase, I kid you not that each one of them got a little gay last night.

Paul McGuire talking about Hines Ward: "Let me tell you, he has the softest hands..."

Theeeseman talking about Big Ben: "I was surprised at how big and how strong he is..."

Mike Patrick on Troy Polamalu: "I just love to watch him run, his long hair flowing behind him..."

This ain't your Daddy's game, anymore. It's your Cousin Seth's game.

What concerns me most is that the three idiots in the booth are clearly trying to attract the homosexual football fan. While I paraphrase, I kid you not that each one of them got a little gay last night.

Paul McGuire talking about Hines Ward: "Let me tell you, he has the softest hands..."

Theeeseman talking about Big Ben: "I was surprised at how big and how strong he is..."

Mike Patrick on Troy Polamalu: "I just love to watch him run, his long hair flowing behind him..."

This ain't your Daddy's game, anymore. It's your Cousin Seth's game.

502586[/snapback]

Don't know bout that, but you know its bad when Peter King gets on your ass. From his MMQB column today

I can't bear the ESPN Sunday Night crew's nonstop glorification of every player and every team. Please, fellas, isn't ANYONE in the NFL just average

Also, the morning guys on after Czaban were going of on them as well. I guess they just do not care seeing as how they are the only game in town, and they are done for after the year. Wonder if ESPN regretting hiring Theesman for Monday night