Troy Vincent hurt?

JimBob2232

I think given the situation of the shape our dline is in, Guys like Vincent and Milloy are left relatively ineffective. For the Most part I think Milloy still has some game left. Improve the dline and I think his play would improve dramatically. Vincent is done. I'd like to see Baker Get some playing time. What baker lacks in experience he more then makes up for in speed and ability. I'd like to see him get more playing time and cut vincent lose after this season. Not sure about the cap hit, but I just have a great feeling about Baker as our future FS. I'd draft a mid round ss or maybe someone in free agency to groom under Milloy for the last year of his contract.

Troy Vincent's biggest hit in his two years in Buffalo was when he took JP out of action last preseason.

Vincent is done - it's time for the kids to step in.

502326[/snapback]

If he's a failed experiment at safety, he should go back at corner. We'd have the best 3 in the league IMO.

Vincent simply isn't physical enough for my taste

I don't love it much either, but I can deal with it at the Free on 2 conditions: 1) he's doing other things like hawking balls and bailing out his corners and 2) he's not ducking guys.

I haven't seem him going fetal and he's made quite a few plays with the ball in the air so I'd like to see him get more time to grow into the position.

Cya

I've said this before.... Vincent CAN NOT tackle in the open field. He's decent making a hit on an unsuspecting back or receiver, but when its eye to eye, come and get me, he's really below avg. I was under the assumption Rashad Baker got in due to the fact KC was running on 66% of their plays, and Baker is better in run-support/tackling. I was glad to see him in. Milloy on the otherhand, is cast was OFF, however his wrist may still be tender. Who knows? He's in the last year of his contract anyways.

I think both Vincent and Milloy are gone after this year. But if Clements walks too, I'm not sure I feel good about the secondary. A lot of these young guys look good though. Eric King almost got a pick yesterday. Baker's OK, and look what McGee did withhis opportunity

I haven't seem him going fetal and he's made quite a few plays with the ball in the air so I'd like to see him get more time to grow into the position.

Dude, he's 34 years old. How much more time should we give him to grow into that position?

Dude, he's 34 years old. How much more time should we give him to grow into that position?

Dude, how about more than the dozen or so games he's ever actually played the position?

Former corners like Rod Woodson and Ray Buchanan have made very succesful switches to the Free when they were older than Vincent and there's no reason he shouldn't be able to be equally effective. This is his first real year as a starter there and he's already got 3 picks and saved a couple TD's and if he stays healthy he's only going to get better.

Of course since the current front office brought him in, you could just assume he sucks whether or not you actually have any clue about the player or the position. :blink:

Oh, good. I thought it was just me thinking that thought.

:D

The last time somebody considered it a good thing to be thinking the same thing as me..........

Well, I'm not entirely convinced there ever has been such a time, and if there was I seem to have repressed the memory of the ensuing results.

Just to be safe, maybe we should both stock up on bottled water and batteries. :blink:

Vincent simply isn't physical enough for my taste (it wasn't that big of an issue when he was  a CB).  I'd much rather see Baker in there because he's shown a snoot for the game and he's willing to get dirty.

501787[/snapback]

I'd have to agree. I've seen Troy whiff on to many tackles this season and a real bad one in the first quarter of the KC game on Larry Johnson.

Dude, how about more than the dozen or so games he's ever actually played the position?

Former corners like Rod Woodson and Ray Buchanan have made very succesful switches to the Free when they were older than Vincent and there's no reason he shouldn't be able to be equally effective. This is his first real year as a starter there and he's already got 3 picks and saved a couple TD's and if he stays healthy he's only going to get better.

Of course since the current front office brought him in, you could just assume he sucks whether or not you actually have any clue about the player or the position.  :blink:

502883[/snapback]

So you think Troy would be a better open field tackler if he was still at corner? I'm not saying he won't get some picks but one on one in the open field he's bouncing of ball carriers and that would happen if he was at corner or saftey.

So you think Troy would be a better open field tackler if he was still at corner?

If he was still at corner, he wouldn't necessarily have to be a great open field tackler as the two postions require different kinds of skill sets. But learning how to become an effective open field tackler because the play is now always in front of you is one of those things that he may improve on as he gets more reps at the position.

I haven't seen every snap of every Bills game so I'm not sure what these references are to him bouncing off a lot of ball carriers. If you're referring to times that 240lb RB's are hitting the 2nd/3rd level untouched with a full head of steam (an all too common occurence) then it's no wonder Vincent is getting mowed occasionally; just like 25 other starting NFL Free Safeties would be.

Cya