Troy Vincent hurt?

JimBob2232

If he was still at corner, he wouldn't necessarily have to be a great open field tackler as the two postions require different kinds of skill sets. But learning how to become an effective open field tackler because the play is now always in front of you is one of those things that he may improve on as he gets more reps at the position.

I haven't seen every snap of every Bills game so I'm not sure what these references are to him bouncing off a lot of ball carriers. If you're referring to times that 240lb RB's are hitting the 2nd/3rd level untouched with a full head of steam (an all too common occurence) then it's no wonder Vincent is getting mowed occasionally; just like 25 other starting NFL Free Safeties would be.

Cya

502985[/snapback]

There's more to it than that but you're right on that part of it. He seems to be catching ball carriers (and wideouts) rather than shooting through and hitting them low. That's not the guy I've been watching for a decade.

I've seen some things I like (he's always been able to go get the ball) but he seriously looks slow out there.

If he was still at corner, he wouldn't necessarily have to be a great open field tackler as the two postions require different kinds of skill sets. But learning how to become an effective open field tackler because the play is now always in front of you is one of those things that he may improve on as he gets more reps at the position.

I haven't seen every snap of every Bills game so I'm not sure what these references are to him bouncing off a lot of ball carriers. If you're referring to times that 240lb RB's are hitting the 2nd/3rd level untouched with a full head of steam (an all too common occurence) then it's no wonder Vincent is getting mowed occasionally; just like 25 other starting NFL Free Safeties would be.

Cya

502985[/snapback]

Well, unfortunetly have have seen every snap this year and his tackling is poor at best and it's not always 240lb RB's he's trying to take down but I get your point. It is much harder to tackle a player once he hits the secondary with a full head of steam but Terrence Mcgee seems to always be able to take the ball carrier down from anywhere on the field and yes I know he's a corner not a safety. If you notice how Mcgee tackles it's text book. He always starts his tackles from the below the hip. Winfield was great at that also. Both small guys by NFL terms. It just looks to me as if Troy has lost the physical capabilities that made him a great DB. He's learning a new position but I don't think he can play corner any longer. He's 34 and 14 years in the league takes a toll. I think the Bills will go with Baker next year to start.