An Obvious Need For 3 More DT's ? My God

Mark VI

This IS the year of the OT in the Draft, so a quality LT should be there with our #1 pick. Could even find a good one in Round 2.

Still, if you can't stop the run on Defense, you'll never win in the NFL. The Bills seem to have a crying need up the middle for 3 talented huge DT's. This fact will be pounded into our minds for the next 8 games, if it hasn't been already. If Adams is sent packing, what's left ?

Anyone else have that sick feeling TD is scouting TE's/Long Snappers who are rehabbing a major knee injury ? :lol:

This IS the year of the OT in the Draft, so a quality LT should be there with our #1 pick. Could even find a good one in Round 2.

Still, if you can't stop the run on Defense, you'll never win in the NFL. The Bills seem to have a crying need up the middle for 3 talented huge DT's. This fact will be pounded into our minds for the next 8 games, if it hasn't been already. If Adams is sent packing, what's left ?

Anyone else have that sick feeling TD is scouting TE's/Long Snappers who are rehabbing a major knee injury ?  :lol:

500754[/snapback]

I'm not sure how much our MLB has left in the tank either. We're starting to look like a team with a bad defensive catcher, ss, 2b and Cf.

My God, Pick Your OT, Then Pick 3 DT's

500754[/snapback]

Depends on how high the draft pick is.

If it's top 10 or so,

just say NO to giving another unproven OL a MW-type contract :lol::lol::w00t:

and GO DT or trade down.

After that, go ahead and take your OT & 2 more DT. :doh:

I agree, these top of the draft board OL-men have been a bust recently. Williams, McKinney, I dont even think Gallery is doing all that well.

If we get a top 10, take DL if the time is right. If you cant take a DL or trade down, I wouldnt mind seeing a CB (assuming clements is gone), or even a LB (which we will have to address in the very near future).

Or, (and im going to take some heat for this)...If the big physical WR falls to us, take him. Moulds is eating a huge chunck of the cap, and evans needs the big guy to take some coverage away from him. I hate to think we need a WR since that seems to be all we draft, but we need a big guy, and right now all we have is the aging moulds.

BUT...one thing is certain...we MUST upgrade our lines this offseason.

Not at all. Moulds is getting old. TD will probably bring in a small wideout, even if we select in the top 10.

500769[/snapback]

I hope not, but what has happened in the last 4 years, you could be right. LT or DT seems to be our highest priority.

I'm not sure how much our MLB has left in the tank either.  We're starting to look like a team with a bad defensive catcher, ss, 2b and Cf.

500767[/snapback]

Yup. Bad up the middle. I know Ohio St. has a physical star MLB in A.J. Hawk coming out. I'm starting to think Fletcher is past his prime also. But it still starts in the trenches.

Hang the shingle out - DT's needed. Apply within.

Considering that the Bills really could use an upgrade at all four starting DL positions, I think it has to be the priority. I don't care where these guys were drafted or how much they get paid, they don't generate any pass rush without a blitz and we're allowing 150 yards rushing per game and over 5 yards per carry. The DL needs a major overhaul.

The good news? With the way things are shaping up, the Bills are going to have a load of 3rd-5th round picks to play with. We have the 3rd for Henry. Then there will be two compensatory picks for Jennings and Williams (I expect a 4th and 3rd, respectively, though it could be a round less for each). The Bills will probably have one more mid round selection, acquired through a likely trade of Nate Clements if (when?) he is franchised. If that trade happens, the Bills will also insist that it brings a 1st round pick along with it. Even if that does not happen, there's still a good chance the Bills will have 7 picks in the first four rounds and are almost certain to have 10 overall.

The point is, the Bills will likely have the ammunition in the way of mid and high round draft picks for some serious upgrading this April. Unfortunately, with the D looking like swiss cheese, they're going to need them. They need an elite pass rushing DE, two starting DTs, both an ILB and OLB to develop and possibly start, possibly a starting CB, and at least one developmental prospect at S. They also need depth everywhere on the OL, if not a starter or two, and possibly starters at TE and WR. Some of that can be taken care of through FA, but it is nice to know we'll also have a much more interesting draft than last year.

The Bills seem to have a crying need up the middle for 3 talented huge DT's. This fact will be pounded into our minds for the next 8 games, if it hasn't been already.

500754[/snapback]

It's unsettling to have your nightmare play out before your very eyes with absolutely nothing that you can do about it.

It's unsettling to have your nightmare play out before your very eyes with absolutely nothing that you can do about it.

500826[/snapback]

And that's exactly what eats at me. I picture Bannon and Sape being run over, with a Guard wiping out Fletcher. :lol:

This could be a long 2nd half of the season.

And that's exactly what eats at me. I picture Bannon and Sape being run over, with a Guard wiping out Fletcher.  :lol:

This could be a long 2nd half of the season.

500929[/snapback]

The date of this might give you an idea of the white-knuckling that's been going on in my Bill's world-

PreSeason Post