The Top Five Most Annoying Fans at the Ralph

Red Dragon

The Top Five Most Annoying Fans at the Ralph.

5. Face Painters & People who Dress in Costumes - Can somebody please tell me what point of this is? Does it add value to your game experience, or to the experience of others around you? Does the team "feed off it's energy" No. It is pointless and embarrassing.

4. First Down Guy and the Guy Who Invokes the Crowd to Stand - These are the guys who insist on, with some sort of exaggerated arm motion, pointing out to the rest of us whenever the Bills make a first down. I have eyes. Sit down and keep your arms to yourself. Even worse is the guy who, before a critical play, turns to the people behind them and invokes them to stand and cheer. I have news for you my friend, this is not the Nuremburg Rally - I choose to cheer when and if I want to.

3. The Uneducated Fan - These are the people who place blame on players or referees without the complete knowledge of how a play was designed, a player's individual responsibilities, or the rules of football. They need to keep their mouths shut and hide their ignorance. I know I do.

2. True Believers - Fans who can never accept that the Bills are going to lose a game, despite the score or the time remaining in the game. These child-like fans are constantly coming up with scenarios of how the Bills can overcome the odds and pull out a miracle ("All we need to do is to block this field goal, return it for a touchdown, recover an onside kick, and then complete a Hail Mary". Sound Familiar?) Most of this is a result of the Houston comeback game (I was at that game, and did not leave at halftime like most of you "fans" did). Miracles rarely happen. (Some would say they never do. In the words of William Jennings Bryan,"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of will"). Accept the Bills defeat and move on.

1. People who do The Wave. Let it die people. It was fun in the 80's but it is ridiculous now. What is more perplexing are those who insist on doing it when the Bills are on offense. What are you thinking? That extra crowd noise somehow helps the offense? Have you ever noticed that when a wave is attempted, it usually dies when it reaches the mid-field, lower level seats? Maybe the fans in the expensive seats are better than you yahoos in the end zone, and realize the foolishness of an outdated participatory cheer.

I offer this list to you a public service. If you recognize yourself, please realize that your behavior is foolish and distracting, and needs to be corrected. I hope you enjoyed this. I plan to have weekly Top Five lists for your reading pleasure.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. True Believers - Fans who can never accept that the Bills are going to lose a game, despite the score or the time remaining in the game. These child-like fans are constantly coming up with scenarios of how the Bills can overcome the odds and pull out a miracle ("All we need to do is to block this field goal, return it for a touchdown, recover an onside kick, and then complete a Hail Mary". Sound Familiar?) Most of this is a result of the Houston comeback game (I was at that game, and did not leave at halftime like most of you "fans" did). Miracles rarely happen. (Some would say they never do. In the words of William Jennings Bryan,"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of will").  Accept the Bills defeat and move on.

499566[/snapback]

So I guess the Colts fans should have just shut up and stopped cheering when their team was down 21 points with 4 minutes left? (I know the game was in Tampa, but I'm sure there were Colts fans there.) How can you tell someone who paid money to see a game to stop hoping for their team to win just so you don't have to be annoyed? That's ridiculous.

I guess maybe that makes me #2... :w00t:

3. The Uneducated Fan - These are the people who place blame on players or referees without the complete knowledge of how a play was designed, a player's individual responsibilities, or the rules of football. They need to keep their mouths shut and hide their ignorance. I know I do.

499566[/snapback]

We moved our seats from the lower bowl, sec 136 because we had a guy who was convinced that play action pass was coming up each and every down when Buffalo had the ball. Even in a 5 reciever set he would start with "here comes the play action pass" finally after 6 years of hearing this idiot I finally said "you have to have a fake handoff, and to have to fake a handoff you need a running back in the backfield" He just looked at me like I had just impregnated his dog, and started shouting for "another" play action pass.

We used to call him Van Miller wannabe, because he would give a play by play of everything (although Buffao never deviated from his play action passes), and it was incredibly annoying. Amazingly enough, according to the new Van Miller, Thurman Thomas was playing for Buffalo right up until the 2004 season, I mean, this guy's play by play calls had him in there for some big carries!

Once my Dad swapped tickets with a freind from the upper deck, by halftime, the couple were standing in the aisle saying "Gee, thanks alot, wanna switch back, we have seen the difference "

By late in the season, the guys family usually tired of his commentary, and he would attend, but usually with people that he sold the tickets to (patriot fans, Jets fans). It was a running joke in the section, everyone would wait on opening day and then "Van" would show up and everyone would smirk, disappointed that he wasn't killed in a horrible car wreck, or murdered by a co-worker over the off season. We finally gave up and had our seats moved away from this guy, it just became too distracting.

4. First Down Guy and the Guy Who Invokes the Crowd to Stand - These are the guys who insist on, with some sort of exaggerated arm motion, pointing out to the rest of us whenever the Bills make a first down. I have eyes. Sit down and keep your arms to yourself. Even worse is the guy who, before a critical play, turns to the people behind them and invokes them to stand and cheer. I have news for you my friend, this is not the Nuremburg Rally - I choose to cheer when and if I want to.

499566[/snapback]

you obviously have never met the OFFICIAL FIRST DOWN MAN..all of the others are posers

4. the Guy Who Invokes the Crowd to Stand - Even worse is the guy who, before a critical play, turns to the people behind them and invokes them to stand and cheer. I have news for you my friend, this is not the Nuremburg Rally - I choose to cheer when and if I want to.

499566[/snapback]

I got an A-hole in my section, 204, just like that. Wears a Stamer jersey, where the hell did he get that, or is that his brother? Any way, he sits in the 3rd last row, but runs down to the start of the aisle, and starts his crap from there. Turns and yells to everyone while waving a big-ass flag blocking everyone's view. Well 2-3 games ago he almost gets his lights punched out. So now when everyone is cheering a score or defensive stand, he runs down and tells everyone to be quiet. Just cause no one wants to see/hear his junk. SUPER LOSER!!!!

5. Face Painters & People who Dress in Costumes -  Can somebody please tell me what point of this is? Does it add value to your game experience, or to the experience of others around you? Does the team "feed off it's energy"  No. It is pointless and embarrassing.

2. True Believers - Fans who can never accept that the Bills are going to lose a game, despite the score or the time remaining in the game. These child-like fans are constantly coming up with scenarios of how the Bills can overcome the odds and pull out a miracle ("All we need to do is to block this field goal, return it for a touchdown, recover an onside kick, and then complete a Hail Mary". Sound Familiar?) Most of this is a result of the Houston comeback game (I was at that game, and did not leave at halftime like most of you "fans" did). Miracles rarely happen. (Some would say they never do. In the words of William Jennings Bryan,"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of will").  Accept the Bills defeat and move on.

1. People who do The Wave. Let it die people. It was fun in the 80's but it is ridiculous now. What is more perplexing are those who insist on doing it when the Bills are on offense. What are you thinking? That extra crowd noise somehow helps the offense? Have you ever noticed that when a wave is attempted, it usually dies when it reaches the mid-field, lower level seats? Maybe the fans in the expensive seats are better than you yahoos in the end zone, and realize the foolishness of an outdated participatory cheer.

I offer this list to you a public service. If you recognize yourself, please realize that your behavior is foolish and distracting, and needs to be corrected. I hope you enjoyed this.  I  plan to have weekly Top Five lists for your reading pleasure.

499566[/snapback]

Good job...just add, "Jet's Fan" and you're all set.

BTW, the Wave was NEVER fun!

Man am i glad that i don't sit next to you. Who gives a crap what other people do. If people bother you that much then sit home and watch the game. These so called "annoying" people paid for there ticket just like you did. If they want to do something crazy then let them. Just because you are some stiff that can't get along with anyone dosen't mean that you has to rain on eveyone elses parade. Who care if someone paints there face or has a costume on. Are they putting paint on your face or coming to your seat trick or treating?? If a guy wants to stand up and yell first down who cares, let him motion to everyone to stand up. He isn't making you, is he going to come to your seat and make you stand? NO!! Not everyone is as educated as as you, let people say what they want, don't listen to them. here is a question for you, why can't people belieave in their team. Isn't that why we all go, to see the Bills win. Let someone come up with some crazy idea of how we could win. It makes it fun. And as far as the wave goes, don't stand up and do it if you don't want too. I don't know if you have noticed or not but when the wave gets going, people are having a blast doing it. And what gives you the right to call us people who sit in the endzone a bunch of yahoos. We have more fun during the game then you do in you worthless pathetic life.

I will tell you what, i will give you my phone number you call me on sunday and we will meet up. I will give you some headphones so you can listen to the game and don't have to hear anyone. And i will give you a blindfold so you don't have to see all of those so called yahoos and annoying people.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO US A FAVOR AND STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!

You forgot one:

People who want to enjoy themselves at games - Come on! This is the Bills! They suck! If you plan on doing anything but sitting still in your seat with a sullen look on your face then stay the !@#$ home!

:w00t:

Man am i glad that i don't sit next to you.  Who gives a crap what other people do.  If people bother you that much then sit home and watch the game.  These so called "annoying" people paid for there ticket just like you did.  If they want to do something crazy then let them.  Just because you are some stiff that can't get along with anyone dosen't mean that you has to rain on eveyone elses parade.  Who care if someone paints there face or has a costume on.  Are they putting paint on your face or coming to your seat trick or treating??  If a guy wants to stand up and yell first down who cares, let him motion to everyone to stand up.  He isn't making you, is he going to come to your seat and make you stand?  NO!!  Not everyone is as educated as as you, let people say what they want, don't listen to them.  here is a question for you, why can't people belieave in their team.  Isn't that why we all go, to see the Bills win.  Let someone come up with some crazy idea of how we could win.  It makes it fun.  And as far as the wave goes, don't stand up and do it if you don't want too.  I don't know if you have noticed or not but when the wave gets going, people are having a blast doing it.  And what gives you the right to call us people who sit in the endzone a bunch of yahoos.  We have more fun during the game then you do in you worthless pathetic life. 

I will tell you what, i will give you my phone number you call me on sunday and we will meet up.  I will give you some headphones so you can listen to the game and don't have to hear anyone. And i will give you a blindfold so you don't have to see all of those so called yahoos and annoying people. 

MAYBE YOU SHOULD DO US A FAVOR AND STAY HOME!!!!!!!!!

499610[/snapback]

Mr MooGoo, what a fervent defense of the unlettered and the unwashed! You, sir, are a true inspiration to buffoons, half-wits, nitwits and doofuses everywhere. You should be proud.

I salute you! :w00t:

499566[/snapback]

5. Face Painters & People who Dress in Costumes -  Can somebody please tell me what point of this is? Does it add value to your game experience, or to the experience of others around you? Does the team "feed off it's energy"  No. It is pointless and embarrassing.
I kind of like Elvis. Where do you draw the line? Temporary tattoos, hardhats, zubaz <sp>? Is all NFL licensed gear OK, or only stylish garb from this year's catalog? They paid their money, let them play.

Hey, it's a free country, you can cheer when you choose.

I hide my ignorance when I can too.

Good thing you stayed for the end of the Houston comeback though, right?

I agree the wave has to die. Fans who start a wave when the Bills have the ball should die too. So, are you a 50 yard line wannabe or elitist? Must be a wannabee; if you sat in good seats, the other fans would not behave this way, and you would have no complaint!

I offer this list to you a public service. If you recognize yourself, please realize that your behavior is foolish and distracting, and needs to be corrected. I hope you enjoyed this.  I  plan to have weekly Top Five lists for your reading pleasure.

I look forward to them so I can be more like my betters.

Make note... do not invite Red Dragon to any Pinto Kenny or Pole 5 tailgates. :w00t:

Mr MooGoo, what a fervent defense of the unlettered and the unwashed!  You, sir, are a true inspiration to buffoons, half-wits, nitwits and doofuses everywhere.  You should be proud.

499614[/snapback]

yeah but you know what. I have a way better time then all of you stiffs.

Mr MooGoo, what a fervent defense of the unlettered and the unwashed!  You, sir, are a true inspiration to buffoons, half-wits, nitwits and doofuses everywhere.  You should be proud.

I salute you! :)

499614[/snapback]

I bet he owns a Stamer jersey :w00t:

I got an A-hole in my section, 204, just like that.  Wears a Stamer jersey, where the hell did he get that, or is that is brother?  Any way, he sits in the 3rd last row, but runs down to the start of the aisle, and starts his crap from there.  Turns and yells to everyone while waving a big-ass flag blocking everyone's view.  Well 2-3 games ago he almost gets his lights punched out.  So now when everyone is cheering a score or defensive stand, he runs down and tells everyone to be quiet.  Just cause no one wants to see/hear his junk.  SUPER LOSER!!!!

499605[/snapback]

Haha...you mean this guy?

http://mrgalati.com/gallery/albums/userpic...al_DSCF0297.JPG

Yeah, I'm in 203 and he annoys the sh-- out me too (along with his fatass, drunk daughter/sister/girlfriend)

499614[/snapback]

Ouch. When one of the most respected posters starts taking cheap shots, you know we're in trouble.

Any fan who complains about face painting and costumes, no matter how eloquently he makes his point, needs a "Lighten up, Francis." Give me the guy screaming at every hit before I have to sit beside someone trying to be some sort of football genius (what an oxymoron) and explaining how the cornerback was beaten deep because he has "stiff hips."

Haha...you mean this guy?

http://mrgalati.com/gallery/albums/userpic...al_DSCF0297.JPG

Yeah, I'm in 203 and he annoys the sh-- out me too (along with his fatass, drunk daughter/sister/girlfriend)

499625[/snapback]

That guy just plaing looks anoying...wow. And, BTW, you meant one girl was his daughter, sister AND girfriend...right? Thought so.

499566[/snapback]

Killjoy, relax and enjoy yourself. Football and beer are made for acting silly, a release from a long hard week at work and home. The only thing worse than all the people you describe is the jerk who takes it all way too seriously.

Ouch.  When one of the most respected posters starts taking cheap shots, you know we're in trouble.

Any fan who complains about face painting and costumes, no matter how eloquently he makes his point, needs a "Lighten up, Francis."  Give me the guy screaming at every hit before I have to sit beside someone trying to be some sort of football genius (what an oxymoron) and explaining how the cornerback was beaten deep because he has "stiff hips."

499631[/snapback]

Respected? You talkin' to me? That could be libel, I'll have you know. (When they tried to hang that sign on me I said, "take it down!"...Steely Dan).

Also, I thought I was pretty freakin' nice. I said he did a fine job...I SALUTED him, fer Christ's sake.

BTW, read my label..."Cheap-Shot Artist". So...Thank you

We moved our seats from the lower bowl, sec 136 because we had a guy who was convinced that play action pass was coming up each and every down when Buffalo had the ball. Even in a 5 reciever set he would start with "here comes the play action pass" finally after 6 years of hearing this idiot I finally said "you have to have a fake handoff, and to have to fake a handoff you need a running back in the backfield" He just looked at me like I had just impregnated his dog, and started shouting for "another" play action pass.

499596[/snapback]

It took you 6 YEARS to say something. I would have said something the FIRST time he said play action pass when there wasn't a running back. Either grow a sack or drink a bit more at the game. :w00t: