Owens is gone for the year

KD in CA

Eagles suspending him for four games (including yesterday) and said he will not return after the suspension ends.

No link.

497027[/snapback]

The question now is, who will take him when he becomes eligible?

4 game suspension, followed by 4 games which he won't play? Does that mean they are suspending him for the max allowed by the CBA and then placing him as inactive for 4 more?

497031[/snapback]

i think so.

you are not paid when your suspended. but there is a limit on the number of game the team can suspend you for.

you are paid when on the team but inactive.

looks like they will keshawn his ass. :doh:

4 game suspension, followed by 4 games which he won't play? Does that mean they are suspending him for the max allowed by the CBA and then placing him as inactive for 4 more?

497031[/snapback]

Yup, that's what it sounded like. The WFAN guys just played the statement from Andy Reid.

Hurting the team's chances at winning is not the right thing in my books.

497046[/snapback]

T.O. is not a part of the team. He has repeatedly trashed his teammates and questioned the organization. If you let that slide, you lose all credibility as an owner/general manager/coach. It's even a more powerful statement because it is their star player. Nobody is bigger than the organization.

Nice move by Philly.

i think so.

you are not paid when your suspended. but there is a limit on the number of game the team can suspend you for.

you are paid when on the team but inactive.

looks like they will keshawn his ass.  :doh:

497033[/snapback]

FWIW, either the Mon. or Sun. nite announcers claimed he was getting paid. Dunno...?