while i am happy miami lost...

colin

i watched the Atlanta game and my mate, whose a Falc fan commented on that. I think the first hit was in the action of releasing the ball- Posey flagged and the second was a little late- Crowell flagged. Yep you can't hit him. Oh, and if he's tackled, there is no intentional grounding rue either...

I think that because of players like Michael Vick, the NFL's rules for "protecting" the quarterback need to go. He is one of the best athletes in the game, and its just not fair at all that when he takes off running, the defense has to be worried about letting up if he slides....because if you let up on a player like that, he is going to burn you.

Unfortunately, there are QBs in the league who do need the protection afforded by those rules, but hey, its football, its a physical game. Its not worth giving Michael Vick an extra advantage that he doesn't really need so that you can protect an old or unathletic quarterback who can't take a hit.

At least we don't have to worry about playing him again.  I'm just happy the Jests and Dolfags lost.

496518[/snapback]

Why be happy about that? It's not like anyone in the AFC East is going anywhere in the playoffs anyways. The season has become a competition for draft picks.

its just not fair at all that when he takes off running, the defense has to be worried about letting up if he slides....because if you let up on a player like that, he is going to burn you.

496742[/snapback]

Exactly. You may recall the Bills game against him. We got 2 roughing the QB calls on their first drive. Helps them to open the game with a TD. So now you have to back off and he uses that to his advantage too. If you are going to run, then you should expect the hits. It different if you're like Bledsoe. Him you can protect.

Another thing about Vick. His jersey is the 2nd highest selling NFL jersey behind only the Raiders. So the NFL makes a lot of $$$ off his performance. If he is hit and hurt, there goes the NFL's $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Vick takes some serious dives. You can't blame him, because he gets 15 yards out of it, but as soon as he feels the slightest push near the sideline, he throws himself down and slides across the turf. Automatic flag.

He had one yesterday where he was heading out of bounds, but the replay showed he was clearly still in bounds. The Miami safety gave him a light shoulder, and Vick threw himself down and went flying out of bounds. Flag was in the air before he stopped skidding.

the only questionable call was a personal foul, late his out of bounds, call on miami on one of vicks runs.

he was running out of bounds, but vick can do anything, so you have to finish the play. his toe had just hit the white when the fins player hit him.

they called it a 15 yard penalty.

at those speeds, at that time, there is no way a defender could have been able to see if he was out of bounds or not.

if vick doesnt want to be hit, he should get out of bounds when he can.