Bills D line

Frez

Why can't our D line stop the run?

Is it because Aaron Schobel is to small and can just rush the QB?

Is it because Chris Kelsay stinks?

Do we miss Pat Williams that much?

Maybe Sam Adams just don't give a rats ass this year.

:)

495775[/snapback]

Chris Kelsay is awful and it's just not fair to the fans for the organization to draft low level talent year after year at the defensive tackle and defensive end positions. We have had enough- and there is NOTHING we can do about it but B word. It's time for an old fashioned Lynching. Sam is the least of our problems in my opinion. His intensity is high and he is probably more disgusted then we are. Sam and Pat together were just too much for the league to handle, why screw with production? Maybe if they insert Bannan in at DT full time next to Sam it might be better... god knows they tried every other stiff at that position.

Think Pat Williams is regretting signing with the Vikings now? Sure would be nice to have him around....

495805[/snapback]

I doubt he's regretting getting paid what he's worth. To bad the Bills didn't show him the money. We sure could have used him this year.

495775[/snapback]

I think Denney has outperformed Kelsay for the most part and could be starting in there against Kansas City. As far as DT is concerned, Adams and Edwards are the two guys that we have. I'm not sure you can replace either of them with Bannan or Sape.

Scrubs..  and while I am at it I would like to officially roll Jeff Posey under this Partridge Family Bus that Danny Bonaduce is driving.......

495818[/snapback]

I tend to agree with you Mike.

Scrubs.... :)

TD has not used any high draft picks on DTs. I believe Anderson was a 3rd round pick and Edwards was a 3rd or 4th. Anderson has not yet developed (and probably will not develop) and Edwards seemed more suited as part of a DT rotation on passing downs. After five drafts, one would think that a 1st or 2nd round pick would be used on a DT, particularly if you only sign one free agent (Adams) during the period. This is a position that needs to be addressed in the offseason. If Adams becomes the scapegoat, we will need two new quality starters. That seems a tall order when the Bills did not adequately replace Williams this year.

At DE, we have used three 2nd round picks. Kelsay seems to have regressed and Denney seems like a decent back-up.

I know that all teams have holes, but I am tired of TD claiming that it is not the personnel. We have talent deficiencies at DT and on the OL. I wish he would acknowledge the problems.

Chris Kelsay is awful and it's just not fair to the fans for the organization to draft low level talent year after year at the defensive tackle and defensive end positions. We have had enough- and there is NOTHING we can do about it but B word. It's time for an old fashioned Lynching. Sam is the least of our problems in my opinion. His intensity is high and he is probably more disgusted then we are. Sam and Pat together were just too much for the league to handle, why screw with production? Maybe if they insert Bannan in at DT full time next to Sam it might be better... god knows they tried every other stiff at that position.

495790[/snapback]

This is 100% hogwash. You're either not watching the games or you don't know what to look for. Sam was benched for a LACK of intensity and constantly going offsides and not playing his role in the defense. Kelsay and schobel both play team and scheme-oriented football and were both solid draft picks who have performed and continue to perform admirably in their roles. THe same is true for Ryan Denney. He's actually one of our more consistent defensive players. He doesn't make many mistakes. If you can find some on tape, you let me know.

Pat Williams was not worth the money that the Vikings paid him. Move on. The loss is not Pat, it's the injury to Ron Edwards. He played lights out in the Texans game and we lost him. Anderson has had good plays and bad. Hopefullly he'll improve.

But this reaction and similar reactions that I've read seem to be based on guesswork. Gee, if we can't stop the run, that must mean it's THIS guy's fault or THAT guy's fault. You don't know because you don't know what their assignments are from play to play. The coaches know.

And what did they do?

They benched Sam. Remember the same thing happened last year. Sam Adams simply does not on his own volition play with consistent discipline and intensity week to week. He shows up whenever he's motivated. Imagine how good he'd be if he had hte work ethic of Aaron Schobel or Chris Kelsay.

There's a cliche about assumptions that applies to this post.

This is 100% hogwash. You're either not watching the games or you don't know what to look for. Sam was benched for a LACK of intensity and constantly going offsides and not playing his role in the defense. Kelsay and schobel both play team and scheme-oriented football and were both solid draft picks who have performed and continue to perform admirably in their roles. THe same is true for Ryan Denney. He's actually one of our more consistent defensive players. He doesn't make many mistakes. If you can find some on tape, you let me know.

Pat Williams was not worth the money that the Vikings paid him. Move on. The loss is not Pat, it's the injury to Ron Edwards. He played lights out in the Texans game and we lost him. Anderson has had good plays and bad. Hopefullly he'll improve.

But this reaction and similar reactions that I've read seem to be based on guesswork. Gee, if we can't stop the run, that must mean it's THIS guy's fault or THAT guy's fault. You don't know because you don't know what their assignments are from play to play. The coaches know.

And what did they do?

They benched Sam. Remember the same thing happened last year. Sam Adams simply does not on his own volition play with consistent discipline and intensity week to week. He shows up whenever he's motivated. Imagine how good he'd be if he had hte work ethic of Aaron Schobel or Chris Kelsay.

495955[/snapback]

Great post Nod as per usual. I enjoy reading your posts- great insight

And what did they do?

495955[/snapback]

First of all, I mentioned NOTHING about Shobel in my post. The only part I agree with is that Shobel turned out to be a good pick.If we can't stop the run you are damn right it is somebody's fault. After giving up 200yds. rushing....

I would say thier assignments are to stop the freakin' run! The work ethic of Chris Kelsay? How do you go from being ranked 2nd in the NFL for two years to 32nd?

So I guess you would like to cut Adams- are only feared lineman? We were giving up the same amount of yards with Edwards in there, he was terrible. The entire defense played well against New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!), and I hope they play that consistant the rest of the year, but, With all due respect sir, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum here.

First of all, I mentioned NOTHING about Shobel in my post. The only part I agree with is that Shobel turned out to be a good pick.If we can't stop the run you are damn right it is somebody's fault. After giving up 200yds. rushing....

I would say thier assignments are to stop the freakin' run! The work ethic of Chris Kelsay? How do you go from being ranked 2nd in the NFL for two years to 32nd?

So I guess you would like to cut Adams- are only feared lineman? We were giving up the same amount of yards with Edwards in there, he was terrible. The entire defense played well against New Bruschi (We're not worthy!) (We're not worthy!), and I hope they play with that consistant the rest of the year, but, With all due respect sir, we are at opposite ends of the spectrum here.

495972[/snapback]

Excellent post Mike, I agree with you 100%.

Keep up the good work! :)

Schobel has never been a run stopper.

From what I have seen from Kelsay this year he seems to get overpowered on the run plays and gets pressure on the QB on a limited basis. He looks small to me this year.

I personally think Sam Adams is suffering from the loss of Pat Williams. How else can you explain the drop off on the run defense?

This just in...............the Texans stink! :)

I think the Bills were misguided in relying on Edwards to replace P. Williams. Even in the beginning of the year, with Spikes in the line-up, the defense was having trouble stopping the run. I believe that Edwards started his rookie year, and teams ran well against the Bills that year. The Bills signed Adams, and the entire defense improved, particularly in stopping the run. So now people are concluding that Adams is the problem. I don't think that is the case, just like I don't think Pat Williams was the problem when Edwards started and the Bills could not stop the run.

we need at least 1 new stud DT, but we would improve our Run D if the DTs didn't rush straight up the field every down (god knows that's what our DEs do EVERY PLAY) and our LBs and SS didn't get right on the LOS like they are gonna force a fumble 8 yards in the back field every down.

our run D is more aggressive than they have talent to back up. some is scheme i bet, but it looks like big sam was doing his own thing that means we are great for 2 plays and give up 15 yards on others.